AGM-65 Missile Camera

Kimi_uy

Hey everyone,

Recently i saw some footage in youtube where the maverick seeker head footage is being shown while the missile is in flight. Should this be available to see in the cockpit of the A-10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-uWMXy4Nnc&list=FLivaNEKPvSPlVef8v-xwzZQ&index=8

PS: Check DAT SOUND before the hit :smilewink:

It's a test missile, with the warhead replaced with a telemetry pack. The operational missile cannot transmit seeker video other than via the physical cable connection to the aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It's a test missile, with the warhead replaced with a telemetry pack. The operational missile cannot transmit seeker video other than via the physical cable connection to the aircraft.

So you are saying that impact is just kinetic energy?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

In the case of most test variants of missiles yes, there isnt enough room for a live warhead and a telemetry pack. Goes for most AA and AS weapons, unless you start getting into larger weapons of course.

Of course, I guess you're assuming that the seeker video and impact video in the quoted clip come from the same test shot. I'd suggest not, although it could be. I've seen bigger "bangs" from purely kinetic hits.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Of course, I guess you're assuming that the seeker video and impact video come from the same shot test. I'd suggest not.

That sounds more reasonable, yes.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If A-10C could just load a couple of AGM-130 (Mk-82 + rocked + datalink) that would be great.

So to get it we just need to wait for 5+ years so that a F-15E module apears :)

AGM-130 is the only one with datalink and you can see the video from the MFD after the launch and also steer the bomb where you want

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-130