Strange runway issue

Subferro

Hey all,

I'm encountering a strange issue with runway textures that I just noticed tonight. I tried flying out of Mozdok for the first time, and noticed that the ground looked all jacked up:

0MED7vE.jpg

Normally this would make me think overheat, but other airports I've tried don't have this issue, and it happens even right when I turn my system on, and nothing is running that hot. I tried updating drivers with no fix...

Specs:

Intel i5 4590, GeForce GTX 770, 8gb RAM

Any thoughts?

Agreed with skatezilla... your graphics card may be failing, in this case.. the vram.

I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing issues in other games, or perhaps running a furmark to benchmark and test your card.

Since you got it 6 months ago I would seriously consider RMAing your card.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Failing VRAM when none of the other airports shows this sign?? Do a tempfiles clean. Try a DCS Repair also. Btw. looking at the picture the dark part seems to have parts which are displaying correctly, but i cant find any spots on Mozdok which has a texturecolor like that...

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Failing VRAM when none of the other airports shows this sign?? Do o a tempfiles clean. Try a DCS Repair also. Btw. looking at the picture the dark part seems to have parts which are displaying correctly, but i cant find any spots on Mozdok which has a texturecolor like that...

That's why I suggest he test his card with furmark or something similar to ensure that his card is stable.

Failing VRAM can be really weird and specific... for example one of my cards back in the day would only have missing textures in warcraft 3, but I had never had issues in past games.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

That's why I suggest he test his card with furmark or something similar to ensure that his card is stable.

Failing VRAM can be really weird and specific... for example one of my cards back in the day would only have missing textures in warcraft 3, but I had never had issues in past games.

Yeah, I remember i had similar issues way back which appeared when i OC'ed card too much and if my card wasn't well seated in the slot , but i guess he doesnt do any OC. Lets see if he comes back with a report. Ok to know

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Failing VRAM when none of the other airports shows this sign?? Do a tempfiles clean. Try a DCS Repair also. Btw. looking at the picture the dark part seems to have parts which are displaying correctly, but i cant find any spots on Mozdok which has a texturecolor like that...

This did the trick, ran the Steam file verification tool and had a few bad eggs, replaced them and all is peachy.

Thanks everyone for the help, very thankful it wasn't a dead card. FWIW I also ran the Furmark stress test with no texture issues.

This did the trick, ran the Steam file verification tool and had a few bad eggs, replaced them and all is peachy.

Thanks everyone for the help, very thankful it wasn't a dead card. FWIW I also ran the Furmark stress test with no texture issues.

Good it worked out for you. Back to flying :thumbup:

System spec:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (sorry .. too busy to read whole thread), but the FIRST thing I'd check is my Video Drivers.

eg: are they Current ?

If your video drivers are current and "IF" you didn't have this issue previously, I'd consider rolling back to a previous driver to see if that helps ... before doing anything else.

SnowTiger:joystick: