DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

hi,does it support to dcs 2.0 now ? thanks .

@hydrawind -- Flightpanels is working fine in 1.5 and I have seen other posts stating that it is working in 2.0 as well. You should be good to go.

Paul

Hi, I just got the radio panel and am trying to use it with the A10C. I get the red digits and the wheel in the flightpanels control software page is rotating, which according to the manual means it reads data from DCS. However it does not seem to be communicating. The radio frequencies in game dont change when I use the saitek panel, and vice versa, when I change freq in game the panel won't update. Any idea what Im missing?

• 2 weeks later...
Great news! Glad you got it working.

Paul

so after playing with it for a while, I must say this is beyond awesome. I dont have the space for a 'proper' homecockpit (read: wife would kill me) but the radio panel is a really cool addition and it works just great. In our wing, we fly with real ATC + JTACs , so we have to switch frequencies a lot the radio panel is just great for that

• 2 weeks later...

New release. Because of very different user experiences during testing this will be a test release in the hope of getting user feedback.

You can download it from here.

v 2.1.517 TEST FIP January 2016

Flightpanels_2.1.517_TEST_FIP.zip

Test release. Need more feedback from users regarding FIP performance, overall functionality.

- Uses .NET Framework 4.6.1

- Ka-50 radio support

- Manual mode for PZ55 landing gear LEDs, tied to lg lever position (red/green)

- A-10C FIP support (HSI & VVI)

Edited by ArturDCS
small correction to manual landing gear light made

Hi Just tried to use this in DCS 2.0 and 1.5 but having issues keep getting this error

26.01.2016 10:28:16 version : 2.1.416.6944

1073 Custom message = []

System.DllNotFoundException

Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutput.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at NonVisuals.DirectOutputClass.DirectOutput_Initialize(StringBuilder wszAppName)

at NonVisuals.DirectOutputClass.Initialize(String appName)

at NonVisuals.FIPHandler..ctor()

at ProUsbPanels.MainWindow.SearchForPanels()

I have installed DCS BIOS as per instructions with the new files.

Thanks

I have installed and tried to program the switch panel. I can even see the commands that I have to enter for programming. DCS-Bios is in the users scripts folder. I just can't figure it out. I think I have seen every post on how to do this. Is there a doc for detailed instructions? This thread is so big now it is easy to get lost. Thank you!! Awesome work!

Still nothing. :(

Hi Scooternutz,

Let's start with the basics. Have you been able to get the Switch Panel to work as a keyboard emulator in DCS, meaning that you can configure the switches with simple key commands? I just want to be sure that Flightpanels is working at all.

If it's working with key commands, I assume the problem you are having is configuring with DCS-BIOS commands, correct?

If the above is where you are currently, I'll see if I can post some steps to get you working with DCS-BIOS.

Thanks,

Paul

@Scooternutz--I don't mean to presume that you did not follow these instructions, but here are the steps to take to install DCS-BIOS taken from DCS-BIOS documentation:

Setting up DCS-BIOS

1.1 Download the latest release of DCS-BIOS from GitHub and extract the ZIP file somewhere on your hard drive

1.2 Open a new Explorer window (for example by opening "My Computer"), paste the following into the address bar and press return:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS

This should take you to your DCS configuration folder (it has several subfolders including Logs and Missions).

1.3 If there is no Scripts subfolder in your Saved Games\DCS folder, create it.

1.4 Copy the Scripts\DCS-BIOS folder from the DCS-BIOS download to your Scripts folder. Note: Copy only the "DCS-BIOS" folder and its contents into the "Saved Games\DCS\Scripts" folder. These instructions might be misleading and you might end up with "Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Scripts\DCS-BIOS."

1.5 If you do not have an existing Export.lua file in your Scripts folder, copy Scripts\Export.lua from the DCS-BIOS download to your Scripts folder. Again, make sure that you do not duplicate the "Scripts" folder.

1.6 If you already have an Export.lua file, open it in a text editor (we recommend Notepad++) and append the following line to the end:

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

You should never use any word processing software to edit text files. Word processing software saves formatting information in the file which will render it unusable.

If you have taken the above steps and still have problems, we'll continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Paul

I don't understand, why do you need this plugin for saitek TPM? I have it working without that, either by using saitek software, or more recently by modifying the default.lua of a plane to add new commands I could then apply to TPM buttons.

Also, are you going to support saitek pro flight instrument panels as well?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.