DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Me again :)

Well, there are lots of .cs/.xaml files missing in the repo in all 3 projects.

Also, what version of Visual Studio are you using? I don't see an .sln file which groups the 3 projects.

Why are you building using a posh script instead of Visual Studio?

Thanks!

Well the FIPs freeze, what exactly happens I don't know. The images are not being updated for some reason so the FIP appears to be frozen.

Make sure your are not overstressing the DO-Interface. Throttle the update to 10 fps/sec. If you send updates too frequently the DO-Interface will respond with an exception and the affected FIP will freeze. DO-Interface is very picky about timing issues.

We have slightly different behavior on our computers, my computer loses the USB connections to the other panels when I use FIPs and for example the radio panel at the same time. BUT my PC has had USB problems for a long time. I think it is a problem with the mobo.

FIP draw a LOT of USB power. Best practice: Run FIP on a separate HUB , do not connect more than 3 FIP to one HUB

Also do not use the Yoke-Built-In HUB. You a separate HUB to chain devices.

pdmarsh FIPs stops working (frozen) without error messages from Flightpanels, no messages in Windows error log.

Turn on DO Debugging to see what is going on. Create a registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Saitek\DirectOutput]
"DebugLogFile"="c:\\temp\\saidebug2.log"  

I will update the repository and upload a test build for those that want to try it.

I could have a look, but a lot of files missing in the repository...

Author of

SPAD.neXt -- Saitek Panel Advanced Driver neXt Generation -- http://www.fsgs.com

Make sure your are not overstressing the DO-Interface. Throttle the update to 10 fps/sec. If you send updates too frequently the DO-Interface will respond with an exception and the affected FIP will freeze. DO-Interface is very picky about timing issues.

FIP draw a LOT of USB power. Best practice: Run FIP on a separate HUB , do not connect more than 3 FIP to one HUB

Also do not use the Yoke-Built-In HUB. You a separate HUB to chain devices.

Turn on DO Debugging to see what is going on. Create a registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Saitek\DirectOutput]
"DebugLogFile"="c:\\temp\\saidebug2.log"  

I could have a look, but a lot of files missing in the repository...

OK have to check that update interval.

I am using powered USB hubs.

I am using VS 2015, the free one. I use a post build script to bump the build version. Saitek driver, 7.0.47.1.

Edited by ArturDCS

Ok, personally didn't have problem pushing more than 10 fps to the FIP. But I know there are problems with DO after 7.0.39 if your are using the 32 bit API on a 64 bit system. I mean API not driver.

If you only serve the images that's no problem, but if you also serve the LED-lights (as SPAD.neXt does) , the driver will fail randomly.

I noticed that using the proxy-API coming with SaiFlightSimX is very instable.

Using the Driver-API directly is a lot better. And since i throttled them to 10 fps no freezing FIP were observed any more ( tested with up to 16 FIP connected, all updating at a rate of 10 fps (which is enough imho)).

A pitty the DO-Driver does not allow more than one thread to connect :( It's tied to the process id.

• Like 1

Author of

SPAD.neXt -- Saitek Panel Advanced Driver neXt Generation -- http://www.fsgs.com

Me again :)

Well, there are lots of .cs/.xaml files missing in the repo in all 3 projects.

Also, what version of Visual Studio are you using? I don't see an .sln file which groups the 3 projects.

Why are you building using a posh script instead of Visual Studio?

Thanks!

pm sent! :) and code repo should be comlete now. If not give me a shout and I will make amends asap.

Alrighty then. I have been given a lot of help and information by c0nnex, who was so kind to help me get a new & clean repository of the code on GitHub. With this change others will be able to download and test the code and make changes.

:thumbup:

Edited by ArturDCS

Hi and thanks for this great program!

I have a problem with running it with the Switch panels.

It's the first time with it, never ran before, Intended for A10C use.

I've downloaded the latest version Flightpanels_2.1.544,

I understand there is no need for DCS-Bios with the switch panel (although I've installed it anyway).

Using Windows 8.1 64 Bit.

First I had exceptions when running it.

26.03.2016 12:27:16  version : 2.1.441.6286
1066 Custom message = []
System.MissingMethodException
Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.
  at ProUsbPanels.SwitchPanelPZ55UserControl.NotifySwitchChanges(HashSet`1 switches)
  at ProUsbPanels.SwitchPanelPZ55UserControl.SwitchesChanged(String uniqueId, SaitekPanelsEnum saitekPanelsEnum, HashSet`1 hashSet)
1066 Custom message = []
  at ProUsbPanels.SwitchPanelPZ55UserControl.NotifySwitchChanges(HashSet`1 switches)
  at ProUsbPanels.SwitchPanelPZ55UserControl.SwitchesChanged(String uniqueId, SaitekPanelsEnum saitekPanelsEnum, HashSet`1 hashSet)
26.03.2016 12:28:16  version : 2.1.441.6286
1 Message = [FIPHandler failed to init. No Saitek drivers found.]

After reading the manual - I changed the driver to "HID compliant consumer controlled device" - it then did not crash but loaded with empty GUI, saw just blank white page with the menus.

25.03.2016 06:33:16 version : 2.1.441.6286
234323 Custom message = []
System.DllNotFoundException
Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutput.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at NonVisuals.DirectOutputClass.DirectOutput_Deinitia lize()
at NonVisuals.FIPHandler.Close()

pressing "NEW" nothing happened and I could not define any of the buttons.

tried "None" in the API mode. (tried everything to be honest...)

Running as administrator.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Callsign   SETUP

Hi,

does the cog in FP turn when you are flying? (DCS-BIOS data being received)

I have made a small fix and released a new version. It fixes the

Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutput.dll'

when closing error and some other things.

With the latest version what does your error log say?

Hi and thanks for this great program!

I have a problem with running it with the Switch panels.

It's the first time with it, never ran before, Intended for A10C use.

I've downloaded the latest version Flightpanels_2.1.544,

I understand there is no need for DCS-Bios with the switch panel (although I've installed it anyway).

Using Windows 8.1 64 Bit.

First I had exceptions when running it.

1066 Custom message = []
1066 Custom message = []
26.03.2016 12:28:16  version : 2.1.441.6286

After reading the manual - I changed the driver to "HID compliant consumer controlled device" - it then did not crash but loaded with empty GUI, saw just blank white page with the menus.

25.03.2016 06:33:16 version : 2.1.441.6286
234323 Custom message = []
System.DllNotFoundException
Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutput.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at NonVisuals.DirectOutputClass.DirectOutput_Deinitia lize()
at NonVisuals.FIPHandler.Close()

pressing "NEW" nothing happened and I could not define any of the buttons.

tried "None" in the API mode. (tried everything to be honest...)

Running as administrator.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

does the cog in FP turn when you are flying? (DCS-BIOS data being received)

I have made a small fix and released a new version. It fixes the

Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutput.dll'

when closing error and some other things.

With the latest version what does your error log say?

Thanks for you reply and support!

The cog ( the small gears icon I suppose) rotates all the time, (also in the previous version)

right when I load the program, without DCS running or without it being directed to the correct DCS BIOS Jason path....

when trying to create a new "NONE" profile - the program crashes and a log file is created but is empty.

Ron

[Flightpanels_2.1.546]

EDIT:

If I load the program and create new A10C profile - it does not crash immediately as before, when trying to create new "NONE" profile.

still the result is the same and I get a blank screen.

If, still within the program , after discarding the A10C profile and creating new "NONE" profile - the program wont crash, but I get a blank screen.

now the log file indicates:

26.03.2016 12:49:16  version : 2.1.443.2795

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

Thanks for you reply and support!

These are OK, assuming you don't have FIPs connected to the PC. I have tried to reproduce the same steps without "success". I can open an existing profile, create an empty and so forth.

Does your Windows Event Log say anything at all? Do you have the latest .NET installed (4.6.1)?

Download the latest pre-release and try again. I mistakenly uploaded the wrong binary last time. :huh:

Is the FIP now working?

This would be great news :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

These are OK, assuming you don't have FIPs connected to the PC. I have tried to reproduce the same steps without "success". I can open an existing profile, create an empty and so forth.

Does your Windows Event Log say anything at all? Do you have the latest .NET installed (4.6.1)?

Download the latest pre-release and try again. I mistakenly uploaded the wrong binary last time. :huh:

I have tried again, no crashes this time.

same log:

26.03.2016 01:43:16 version : 2.1.451.4491

1 Message = [iNFO : No Saitek FIP driver found. FIP support not loaded. (assuming no FIPs are connected)]

verified latest .Net 4.6.1.

Creating new profile - same blank view.

I'm suppose to see the panel I guess... or something to edit...

maybe it's the driver?

In the properties view of the driver I see it's only "HID compliant consumer controlled device" without "USB Input Device" or so...

If I try to force it to display both drivers types in properties - I get exceptions which force me to kill the program.

Originally it was only "USB Input device" and I had to change the driver myself as per the manual instructions...

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

Is the FIP now working?

This would be great news :thumbup:

You can test the available version and report how it goes. I have NOT been able to locate the problem I have with the FIP. c0nnex and chrilith might have some progress with this and they have both access to a fully functional repo now (thanks to c0nnex).

You can test the available version and report how it goes.

Great news!

.......looking for the Amazon Box.......

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I have tried again, no crashes this time.

same log:

26.03.2016 01:43:16 version : 2.1.451.4491

1 Message = [iNFO : No Saitek FIP driver found. FIP support not loaded. (assuming no FIPs are connected)]

verified latest .Net 4.6.1.

Creating new profile - same blank view.

I'm suppose to see the panel I guess... or something to edit...

maybe it's the driver?

In the properties view of the driver I see it's only "HID compliant consumer controlled device" without "USB Input Device" or so...

If I try to force it to display both drivers types in properties - I get exceptions which force me to kill the program.

Originally it was only "USB Input device" and I had to change the driver myself as per the manual instructions...

Ron

OK so it might be something with the driver. You should not have to modify anything under the driver settings. It was the version 1.x that used a custom USB driver. This has long been replaced. Hmmm.

I have attached a screenshot of my Device Manager.

2016-03-26_130439.thumb.jpg.1e083b373ffad715c199006a94fff054.jpg

• Like 1

Holy Moly!

It´s really working :thumbup:

I can switch through the screens and they show the right data

Edited by -Hammer-

Can you see the course needle move when turning the knob?

Yes. Both knobs are working perfectly and the needle is moving.

Sometimes the FIP and the FP software stop working. I have to switch back to the desktop and start your software again. Then switch back to DCS and the FIP is working.

For me its no big deal, its a great software :thumbup:

OK, yeah that is the bug I haven't been able to find. But let's hope someone will.

Yes. Both knobs are working perfectly and the needle is moving.

Sometimes the FIP and the FP software stop working. I have to switch back to the desktop and start your software again. Then switch back to DCS and the FIP is working.

For me its no big deal, its a great software :thumbup: