DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

I can pm him..

;3390407']I'm sure you know Ciribob right? Would you guys be able to do a joint dev on this. This could be a start of a good thing may one day we will have DCS work with the Radio panel natively instead of needing a million programs. :D I can see great things in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about buying a couple Saitek flight panels for use with DCS...are there any limitations with using DCS-BIOS or anything of the sort in multiplayer servers with the export function disabled?

I'm new to this and what its requirements are, but I remember people with sim-pits being upset because export was disabled on most servers to prevent cheating...is this what gets ruined by exporting being disabled?

I'm thinking about buying a couple Saitek flight panels for use with DCS...are there any limitations with using DCS-BIOS or anything of the sort in multiplayer servers with the export function disabled?

I'm new to this and what its requirements are, but I remember people with sim-pits being upset because export was disabled on most servers to prevent cheating...is this what gets ruined by exporting being disabled?

Hi AbortedMan,

It's true that exports have to be enabled for DCS-BIOS to work. However, DCSFlightpanels and Logitech (formerly Saitek) panels can still work as keyboard emulators with limitations. Without DCS-BIOS, the Radio Panel will not function and Multi Panel displays can't be used. However, the Switch Panel, TPM Panel and Multi Panel buttons can be used in keyboard emulation mode with DCSFlightpanels. Also, I fly multiplayer almost exclusively and we always enable exports. Other things have been put into place to discourage cheating, at least in some cases. For example, TacView has a 10 minute delay mode that allows exports and stops cheating.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

We are working on it. Hopefully FC3 pilots will have Logitech Radio Panel functionality soon.

;3390407']I'm sure you know Ciribob right? Would you guys be able to do a joint dev on this. This could be a start of a good thing may one day we will have DCS work with the Radio panel natively instead of needing a million programs. :D I can see great things in the future.

@pdmarsh

i just configured the UH-1 that i bought, it works fine exept the pz70 to configure the ALT pressure,

what would be sintax for the formula that is the same to A-10 to work on UH-1 ?

(ALT_PRESSURE0 + ALT_PRESSURE1*10 + ALT_PRESSURE2*100 + ALT_PRESSURE3*1000)*0.000152590219

Does this work?

truncate( (PALT_1000*10000)/65536)

@pdmarsh

i just configured the UH-1 that i bought, it works fine exept the pz70 to configure the ALT pressure,

what would be sintax for the formula that is the same to A-10 to work on UH-1 ?

(ALT_PRESSURE0 + ALT_PRESSURE1*10 + ALT_PRESSURE2*100 + ALT_PRESSURE3*1000)*0.000152590219

Hi AbortedMan,

It's true that exports have to be enabled for DCS-BIOS to work. However, DCSFlightpanels and Logitech (formerly Saitek) panels can still work as keyboard emulators with limitations. Without DCS-BIOS, the Radio Panel will not function and Multi Panel displays can't be used. However, the Switch Panel, TPM Panel and Multi Panel buttons can be used in keyboard emulation mode with DCSFlightpanels. Also, I fly multiplayer almost exclusively and we always enable exports. Other things have been put into place to discourage cheating, at least in some cases. For example, TacView has a 10 minute delay mode that allows exports and stops cheating.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

Thank you so much for the quick and thorough reply!

Thanks, I will try

@alonpet -- Let us know if that formula does not work. I'll have to do a little testing, but I should be able to come up with something as well.

Thanks,

Paul

@alonpet -- Let us know if that formula does not work. I'll have to do a little testing, but I should be able to come up with something as well.

Thanks,

Paul

Sorry but that formula doesn't work

The dial remains on 99 and doesn't move maybe the sintax PALT is not correct

I have a little problem.

My PZ 69 doesnt work anymore for the A-10C since i updatet to the 2.5Beta.

in flightpanels the knops would be recognised.

but ingame the frequ. would not show up on the panel ??? Also on PZ 70 no Alt and heading?

Switches work fine!

on 1.5.8 everything works fine

Edited by BlackLibrary

I have a little problem.

My PZ 69 doesnt work anymore for the A-10C since i updatet to the 2.5Beta.

in flightpanels the knops would be recognised.

but ingame the frequ. would not show up on the panel ??? Also on PZ 70 no Alt and heading?

Switches work fine!

on 1.5.8 everything works fine

Have copied DCS BIOS to saved games of Open beta?

Yes i have only one savegames DCS folder (Steam Version) and the Buttons (programmed via DCS-Bios) workes like a charm

If you instaled DCS 2.5 you have to have in saved games a folder: dcs open beta

That's what i have and there i copied the DCS BIOS

Thats right, but not in the steam version. I have one folder. All my mods and liveries are in this folder and everything works.

exept the lcd Panels in on my Flightpanels (PZ69/70), they show only the defauls. I have all buttons programmed via DCS-Bios (in the Flightpanle programm) -> they work.

Thats right, but not in the steam version. I have one folder. All my mods and liveries are in this folder and everything works.

exept the lcd Panels in on my Flightpanels (PZ69/70), they show only the defauls. I have all buttons programmed via DCS-Bios (in the Flightpanle programm) -> they work.

IN that case you should follow the instruction of PMARSH a few post above as i did to use a formula

Hm any ideas why its not working? i tryed it today with the huey everything ok exept the Radio pannel. I can change the freq. but when i hit the ACT/STBY button noting happens.

Does anybody have the same problems? Can someone test pls?

Edited by BlackLibrary

Sorry but that formula doesn't work

The dial remains on 99 and doesn't move maybe the sintax PALT is not correct

@alonpet -- Please try this formula. It applies to the pilot side pressure altitude adjustment.

PALT_PRESS*0.004425116+2810

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Paul

I have tryed everything i know to solve the problem, sadly with no success.

Ihave installed DCS-BIOS and Flightpanels new.

I have tryed other USB Ports

Deleted all USB devices and instaled they new

Deactivate Power Management for the panels (win 10)

Go back to 1.5.8 now the same problem here.

i have fond out that Flightpanels have an error log so i Post it here.

In the rar are

Error.log

debug.log

Discription of my error

before i have the problem, i changed mv screen setup to a second screen, were i show the MFDs - i have it changed back as before -> no success

thanks for any help

Edited by BlackLibrary

From the error log it seems that it can't find (connect) DCS-BIOS. If you check the settings for DCS-BIOS in DCSFP are there IP address and so forth? Have you seen the wheel revolving at all in DCSFP with this DCS version?

I have tryed everything i know to solve the problem, sadly with no success.

Ihave installed DCS-BIOS and Flightpanels new.

I have tryed other USB Ports

Deleted all USB devices and instaled they new

Deactivate Power Management for the panels (win 10)

Go back to 1.5.8 now the same problem here.

i have fond out that Flightpanels have an error log so i Post it here.

In the rar are

Error.log

debug.log

Discription of my error

thanks for any help