DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

@peep you have the latest version?

My testers say that in the cc version everything works correct.

The tests for EB are running

@valrod with the standard page in flightpanels you can't make the radio to work. You have to program it in the "fp.exe" ( in the sourse code) like all the other available radios

What do you mean you can't make the radio to work? I'm using the CC_FRONT_UHF_SEL100 value and others into a formula that shows the correct frequency for UHF, and the CC_FRONT_VHF_COMM_FREQ_100 and other to make the VHF COMM show. NAV is not working, and I haven't tried the ADFs.

Ok, I got the NAV and ADF working. I'll upload the profile when I am done.

Unfortunatelly, control of the frequencies doesn't work properly, but it is not a DCS BIOS or Flight Panels problem, but the module itself. Just a few days ago I was trying to assign keys to tune the ADF, and only one of the 3 worked. I posted it in the C101 forum and it is a know issue. I have tried using keyboard emulator and putting keys, but, again, only some commands work, not all of them. For example, I can get the VHF-COMM to tune the 1 Mhz frequency up and down, but the 25 khz only works up, not down.

Edited by valrond

Here is the profile. It's showing the proper frequencies.

COM1 shows the UHF frequency and preset (I don't know how to take away all of the 0s at the end, that must come with programming the radio)

COM2 shows VHF-NAV. The left one is VHF COMM and the right one is VHF NAV

NAV1 and ADF both show ADF L and R. I put it copied on NAV1 so you don't have to move the gorilla switch so further down.

Rotaries and Buttons have no function atm, pending the module being finished.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqsd1z0YyDLenKtm6T4xmh9jOL2T6A

oh, ok, wow. the other radios are "hardcoded" in the flight panel.exe

but what you have done sounds interesting

Well, I just started testing every variable that had a value assigned to a radio, then combined them into a number that showed the frequency as a whole. The ADF ones are really strange, cause they get multiplied by 3276 or so (it should be 3276.8, but it doesn't work properly, so I had to truncate it).

It is a shame that the module isn't properly finished, some things don't work in game even binding them in the controls.

i got the luas from a friend an programmed the bios file "blind".

so i only can programmed what i found in the luas.

i can upload your binding file to the collection of files on github?

Edited by BlackLibrary

i got the luas from a friend an programmed the bios file "blind".

so i only can programmed what i found in the luas.

i can upload your binding file to the collection of files on github?

Sure, why not?. But it is still a WiP. I'd like to be able to adjust the VHF COMM, NAV and both ADFs with the rotaries, but it is not possible atm.

@peep you have the latest version?

My testers say that in the cc version everything works correct.

The tests for EB are running

@valrod with the standard page in flightpanels you can't make the radio to work. You have to program it in the "fp.exe" ( in the sourse code) like all the other available radios

Hi BlackLibrary

You are right, for some reason i did not have the latest DCS BIOS as mine did not have the flight director code for the C-101 and i can confirm it works for me. The 3 way external light switches are a no go though but you say the testers are still WIP. I will email you the code that i used to get them to work.

Hi! I have a PZ69 radio panel not working in my "Flight Panel Spitfire (Saylors).bindings" profile in "DCSFlightpanels". Appears to be, but doesn't react. In other profiles it works. The profile doesn't even mention Radio Panel PZ69.

#This file can be manually edited using any ASCII editor.

#File created on 03.05.2019 0:00:00 03.05.2019 22:13:46#

#

#IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING the keyboard key AltGr (RAlt as named in DCS) or RMENU as named DCSFP

#When you press AltGr DCSFP will register RMENU + LCONTROL. This is a bug which "just is". You need to modify that in the profile

#by deleting the + LCONTROL part.

#So for example AltGr + HOME pressed on the keyboard becomes RMENU + LCONTROL + HOME

#Open text editor and delete the LCONTROL ==> RMENU + HOME

# ***Do not change the location nor content of the line below***

Airframe=SpitfireLFMkIX

OperationLevelFlag=3

PanelType=PZ55SwitchPanel

PanelInstanceID=\\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#8&55da89&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

PanelSettingsVersion=0X

BeginPanel

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_NAV|Nav. Lights On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{NAV_LIGHTS|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_NAV|Nav. Lights Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{NAV_LIGHTS|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_DE_ICE|De Ice On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{DEICER|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_DE_ICE|De Ice Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{DEICER|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1LEVER_GEAR_DOWN|Undercarriage Lower}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{UC|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1LEVER_GEAR_UP|Undercarriage Raise}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{UC|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT|Pitot Heat On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{PITOT|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT|Pitot Heat Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{PITOT|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_FUEL_PUMP|Fuel Pump On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{FUEL_PUMP|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_FUEL_PUMP|Fuel Pump Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{FUEL_PUMP|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL|Rad Flap Open}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{RADIATOR|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL|Rad Flap Auto}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{RADIATOR|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_STROBE|Gunsight Master On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{GUNSIGHT_SWITCH|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_STROBE|Gunsight Master Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{GUNSIGHT_SWITCH|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1KNOB_ENGINE_RIGHT|Magneto 1 On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{MAGNETO0|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1KNOB_ENGINE_LEFT|Magneto 2 On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{MAGNETO1|SET_STATE|1|0}\o/DCSBIOSInput{MIX|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT|U/C Indicator On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{UC_DOWN_C|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT|U/C Indicator Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{UC_DOWN_C|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1KNOB_ENGINE_BOTH|Starter/Booster Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{STARTER|SET_STATE|0|50}\o/DCSBIOSInput{BOOSTER|SET_STATE|0|50}\o/DCSBIOSInput{STARTER_COVER|SET_STATE|0|500}\o/DCSBIOSInput{BOOSTER_COVER|SET_STATE|0|500}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1KNOB_ENGINE_OFF|OFF}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{MAGNETO0|SET_STATE|0|0}\o/DCSBIOSInput{MAGNETO1|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1KNOB_ENGINE_START|Starter/Booster On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{STARTER_COVER|SET_STATE|1|100}\o/DCSBIOSInput{BOOSTER_COVER|SET_STATE|1|100}\o/DCSBIOSInput{STARTER|SET_STATE|1|500}\o/DCSBIOSInput{BOOSTER|SET_STATE|1|500}\o/DCSBIOSInput{MIX|SET_STATE|1|4000}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_MASTER_ALT|Main Tank On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{FUEL_COCK|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_MASTER_ALT|Main Tank Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{FUEL_COCK|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_AVIONICS_MASTER|Fuel Tank Press. On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{TANK_PRS|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_AVIONICS_MASTER|Fuel Tank Press. Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{TANK_PRS|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_BEACON|Drop Tank On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{DROPTANK_COCK|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_BEACON|Drop Tank Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{DROPTANK_COCK|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_PANEL|Carb Air Filter On}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{CARB_AIR|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_PANEL|Carb Air Filter Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{CARB_AIR|SET_STATE|0|0}

SwitchPanelLedUp{YELLOW|DCSBiosOutput{CHARGER_SEC_GEAR_LIGHT|Equals|1}}

SwitchPanelLedUp{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{CHARGER_SEC_GEAR_LIGHT|Equals|0}}

SwitchPanelLedRight{RED|DCSBiosOutput{FUEL_PRESS_LIGHT|Equals|1}}

SwitchPanelLedRight{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{FUEL_PRESS_LIGHT|Equals|0}}

SwitchPanelLedLeft{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_DOWN|Equals|0}}

SwitchPanelLedLeft{RED|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_UP|Equals|1}}

SwitchPanelLedLeft{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_UP|Equals|0}}

SwitchPanelLedLeft{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_DOWN|Equals|1}}

ManualLandingGearLEDs{False}

EndPanel

#--------------------------------------------------------------------

#Below are all the Virtual Keycodes in use listed. You can manually edit this file using these codes.

# LBUTTON

# RBUTTON

# CANCEL

# MBUTTON

# XBUTTON1

# XBUTTON2

# BACK

# TAB

# CLEAR

# RETURN

# SHIFT

# CONTROL

# MENU

# PAUSE

# CAPITAL

# KANA

# HANGEUL

# HANGUL

# JUNJA

# FINAL

# HANJA

# KANJI

# ESCAPE

# CONVERT

# NONCONVERT

# ACCEPT

# MODECHANGE

# SPACE

# PRIOR

# NEXT

# END

# HOME

# LEFT

# UP

# RIGHT

# DOWN

# SELECT

# PRINT

# EXECUTE

# SNAPSHOT

# INSERT

# DELETE

# HELP

# VK_0

# VK_1

# VK_2

# VK_3

# VK_4

# VK_5

# VK_6

# VK_7

# VK_8

# VK_9

# VK_A

# VK_B

# VK_C

# VK_D

# VK_E

# VK_F

# VK_G

# VK_H

# VK_I

# VK_J

# VK_K

# VK_L

# VK_M

# VK_N

# VK_O

# VK_P

# VK_Q

# VK_R

# VK_S

# VK_T

# VK_U

# VK_V

# VK_W

# VK_X

# VK_Y

# VK_Z

# LWIN

# RWIN

# APPS

# SLEEP

# NUMPAD0

# NUMPAD1

# NUMPAD2

# NUMPAD3

# NUMPAD4

# NUMPAD5

# NUMPAD6

# NUMPAD7

# NUMPAD8

# NUMPAD9

# MULTIPLY

# ADD

# SEPARATOR

# SUBTRACT

# DECIMAL

# DIVIDE

# F1

# F2

# F3

# F4

# F5

# F6

# F7

# F8

# F9

# F10

# F11

# F12

# F13

# F14

# F15

# F16

# F17

# F18

# F19

# F20

# F21

# F22

# F23

# F24

# NUMLOCK

# SCROLL

# LSHIFT

# RSHIFT

# LCONTROL

# RCONTROL

# LMENU

# RMENU

# BROWSER_BACK

# BROWSER_FORWARD

# BROWSER_REFRESH

# BROWSER_STOP

# BROWSER_SEARCH

# BROWSER_FAVORITES

# BROWSER_HOME

# VOLUME_MUTE

# VOLUME_DOWN

# VOLUME_UP

# MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK

# MEDIA_PREV_TRACK

# MEDIA_STOP

# MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE

# LAUNCH_MAIL

# LAUNCH_MEDIA_SELECT

# LAUNCH_APP1

# LAUNCH_APP2

# OEM_1

# OEM_PLUS

# OEM_COMMA

# OEM_MINUS

# OEM_PERIOD

# OEM_2

# OEM_3

# OEM_4

# OEM_5

# OEM_6

# OEM_7

# OEM_8

# OEM_102

# PROCESSKEY

# PACKET

# ATTN

# CRSEL

# EXSEL

# EREOF

# PLAY

# ZOOM

# NONAME

# PA1

# OEM_CLEAR

Edited by Saylors
Спойлер

Win11 Pro (x64)/32"Samsung C32HG70QQI 2560x1440/Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/16-Core AMD Ryzen 9 5950X@4.9GHz/СВО CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT/ОЗУ Corsair CMG64GX4M2D3600C18 (128GB DDR4 3600MHz)/Sapphire TOXIC AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition Gaming 16GB GDDR6 2000MHz/NVMe M.2 Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500GB-Система/NVMe M.2 KINGSTON SKC3000S1024G-Авиасимуляторы/БП Corsair RM1000x [CP-9020201]/Корпус Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW [CC-9011219-WW] белый.

VR HP Reverb G2 rev.2.

TrackIR 5 Pro/Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals/Saitek Pro Flight X-65F Combat Control System/Saitek Pro Flight panels PZ55, PZ69.

Yeah, I see it in the software. But the numbers in my downloaded profile don't show up on any switching. Maybe there's something wrong with the profile.

And with a simple emulator everything works and switches.

0.thumb.PNG.b71514439143cc9f29e0c799583bd24d.PNG

1.thumb.PNG.8f33c1225f1bd074994f1feeb88c29a7.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.613e84c59f04f9c525666e7868c01af9.PNG

Спойлер

Win11 Pro (x64)/32"Samsung C32HG70QQI 2560x1440/Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/16-Core AMD Ryzen 9 5950X@4.9GHz/СВО CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT/ОЗУ Corsair CMG64GX4M2D3600C18 (128GB DDR4 3600MHz)/Sapphire TOXIC AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition Gaming 16GB GDDR6 2000MHz/NVMe M.2 Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500GB-Система/NVMe M.2 KINGSTON SKC3000S1024G-Авиасимуляторы/БП Corsair RM1000x [CP-9020201]/Корпус Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW [CC-9011219-WW] белый.

VR HP Reverb G2 rev.2.

TrackIR 5 Pro/Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals/Saitek Pro Flight X-65F Combat Control System/Saitek Pro Flight panels PZ55, PZ69.

I found out something - initially the PZ69 Radio Panel does not work with the DCS-BIOS profile of SpitfireLFMkIX.lua from Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\lib.

3.thumb.png.40970b5bc30f1d024c10b5872282bb3f.png

Спойлер

VR HP Reverb G2 rev.2.

Can you define switches in Flightpanels via BIOS Control?

Switches are not defined in Flightpanels via BIOS Control.

does the refpage works?

Yeah, it works.

Спойлер

VR HP Reverb G2 rev.2.

When creating a new profile via "Edit BIOS-Control" for SpitfireLFMkIX - switches are not defined. And also not determined if I create my profile for SpitfireLFMkIX. But with the P-51D, everything is determined both when creating a new profile and when choosing one’s own.

I recorded a video - on it I first uploaded via "Edit BIOS-Control" I created a new profile P-51D, after a new profile Spitfire. He showed that the PZ69 radio panel works on the new P-51D profile and does not work on the new Spitfire profile. Then I downloaded the profiles I programmed - and the situation repeated. In the video I have a game in full screen mode. Switching from game to application is visible with artifacts (sorry).

At the end of the video, the radio station on the plane was manually switched by mouse.

Edited by Saylors
Спойлер

VR HP Reverb G2 rev.2.

ok i have seen that the radio panel inputs geting not reconiced by flightpanels. Looks like it "can connect" to it.

i hand this over to arturDCS.

i make more the bios side

i wrote you a PM

Edited by BlackLibrary

Has someone managed to get the knobs work on the L-39?

i.e. I would like to use one knob of PZ69 or PZ70 to turn the HSI bug

- via keyboard emulation (which is currently my preferred choice)

the system doesn't respond very well, I think the knobs should work differently:

- while I turn the knob it should emulate a key down

- when I stop rotating for more than given ms, then it should simulate a key up

- via dcs bios

Completely unreliable, sometimes responds, sometimes doesn't, sometimes sends a series of commands with many seconds of delay

Tested with DCS-BIOS Control Reference Live Preview, and that's what I get for the Front HSI Course Set Knob:

Variable Step: always moves forward about 15 degrees, regardless of the value. And only goes forward

Set State: acts as variable steps, a value of 1000 means about one degree, which would be good, but only goes forward

l4dDtAA.jpg

BTW, I have serious problems to make the panels work reliably via DCS Bios, as if it absorbed too much power, even if I disabled the power management and I use two very good powered USB HUBs. No problems at all on Keyboard Emulation

As VR user I would prefer to use keyboard emulation because even 1fps counts, but any working solution would be appreciated

Another question: what exactly does Break(ms) mean in Keyboard emulation?

JrgtKO8.jpg

and where does this value end up if it's not saved in the profile?

BeginPanel
   RadioPanelKey{1UpperSmallFreqWheelInc}\o/OSKeyPress{Second,LCONTROL + VK_V}
EndPanel

Only the second timing is saved (Time for KeyPress)

I can't check if it's saved in the program, because it's impossible to edit a sequence

Kv3Z1bZ.jpg

Right Click on the field only offers to change timing, and not to edit the sequence

DCS BIOS Spit Problem

Hi! Forgot to insert json files for Spitfire to make the PZ69 radio panel work.

And correct my Spitfire settings file please - everything is shifted to the left - it's wrong.

Flight Panel Spitfire (Saylors).rar

SpitfireLFMkIX.json.rar

Edited by Saylors
Спойлер

VR HP Reverb G2 rev.2.

Thanks to the latest patches on GitHub L-39 now works well in DCS Bios mode, but only with Switch Panel (PZ55) and Multi Panel (PZ70). With Radio Panel (PZ69) no command are sent to DCS (but I can receive and display the data)

I would like the radio module could be used as a free module on all aircrafts, and not just as a real radio where supported. It's a great feature, but not always usable in blind mode (VR), so those knobs and buttons are lost

Hello and thanks for the donation. :)

I am working on DCSFP fixes today and yes this is a bug. I found the problem. This generic radio panel should now send DCS-BIOS commands. I will make a release asap.

Thanks to the latest patches on GitHub L-39 now works well in DCS Bios mode, but only with Switch Panel (PZ55) and Multi Panel (PZ70). With Radio Panel (PZ69) no command are sent to DCS (but I can receive and display the data)

I would like the radio module could be used as a free module on all aircrafts, and not just as a real radio where supported. It's a great feature, but not always usable in blind mode (VR), so those knobs and buttons are lost

BeginPanel
EndPanel

I can't check if it's saved in the program, because it's impossible to edit a sequence

Right Click on the field only offers to change timing, and not to edit the sequence

Break means the time it will wait before executing the virtual key press.

Look at the screenshot for this sequence:

RadioPanelKeyDialPos{LowerDME}\o/{1LowerCOM1}\o/OSKeyPress{INFORMATION=^Key press sequence^[FiftyMilliSec,VK_A,FiftyMilliSec][FiftyMilliSec,VK_B,FiftyMilliSec][FiftyMilliSec,VK_B,FiftyMilliSec]}

This is how it is saved into the file.

keyseq.png.c96879b3d92942c53f6ceca6bde557c2.png

If you start adding a key sequence but you end up with just one entry (change of mind), DCSFP will treat it as a simple virtual key stroke and there won't be any need for Break(s).

BeginPanel
EndPanel