DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

If you start adding a key sequence but you end up with just one entry (change of mind), DCSFP will treat it as a simple virtual key stroke and there won't be any need for Break(s).

but if you take a look to my screenshoot

JrgtKO8.jpg

you can see that I had set both break and time, but the saved profile ends up with only the time value

BeginPanel
   RadioPanelKey{1UpperSmallFreqWheelInc}\o/OSKeyPress{Second,LCONTROL + VK_V}
EndPanel

Just tested again with Radio Panel and keyboard emulation, same behaviour

And once the sequence has been inserted, it is no longer possible to modify it.

What I see is one (1) virtual key stroke. If you there would save and exit the key sequence window DCSFP would treat it as a single virtual keystroke, not a keysequence.

Try adding 2 virtual keys to a sequence and save.

Does it look the same then too?

but if you take a look to my screenshoot

you can see that I had set both break and time, but the saved profile ends up with only the time value

BeginPanel
   RadioPanelKey{1UpperSmallFreqWheelInc}\o/OSKeyPress{Second,LCONTROL + VK_V}
EndPanel

Just tested again with Radio Panel and keyboard emulation, same behaviour

And once the sequence has been inserted, it is no longer possible to modify it.

Yes, I will do it.

Curious on why though.

Because VR. Take the A10C radio, for example, you need to set the frequency looking at the display, then pressing ACT/STBY so the value is sent to the game. It's great... if you can look at the display, but useless if you can't

With DCS Bios or Keyboard Emulation I can map all A10C radio knobs into PZ69 knobs, with the help of profile dial to map them all. This is also more immersive, because it better emulates the real way that radio works

last but not least, I could be engaged in missions where the radio is not needed, so those four knobs could be used for something more useful, like the HSI knob

Thanks for the information!

Had no idea about that aspect. Yes will change it so that the user will be asked whether to use pre-programmed radio or not.

Because VR. Take the A10C radio, for example, you need to set the frequency looking at the display, then pressing ACT/STBY so the value is sent to the game. It's great... if you can look at the display, but useless if you can't

With DCS Bios or Keyboard Emulation I can map all A10C radio knobs into PZ69 knobs, with the help of profile dial to map them all. This is also more immersive, because it better emulates the real way that radio works

last but not least, I could be engaged in missions where the radio is not needed, so those four knobs could be used for something more useful, like the HSI knob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

First of all i'd like to say thank you for creating this software, I can finally use my PZ70! :)

I have just started playing DCS trying to get it set up for the F-15 and I was wondering if it is possible to name a single keystroke? As I keep trying to put a name in the description but it keeps defaulting back to say OEM_6. It works if I put multiple keystrokes in just not single.

Hi all,

First of all i'd like to say thank you for creating this software, I can finally use my PZ70! :)

I have just started playing DCS trying to get it set up for the F-15 and I was wondering if it is possible to name a single keystroke? As I keep trying to put a name in the description but it keeps defaulting back to say OEM_6. It works if I put multiple keystrokes in just not single.

Hi Fallen Tyrael

You are on the right track but you have to cheat a bit. This is how i do it:-

Right click the box choose edit sequence.Choose ADD.use a key not binded in game i use V.Then choose ADD again.Then choose the OEM_6 key. In the information box name it.

Regards PEEP

Hi Fallen Tyrael

You are on the right track but you have to cheat a bit. This is how i do it:-

Right click the box choose edit sequence.Choose ADD.use a key not binded in game i use V.Then choose ADD again.Then choose the OEM_6 key. In the information box name it.

Regards PEEP

Hi PEEP,

Thank you for your reply.

I did think of doing that as a workaround but I was having trouble deciding what dummy key to use. However I just realised after reading your post that I can use something like Shift or RCtrl as its only ever really used in conjunction with another key.

Awesome, Thank you for your help :)

<S>

I did a release with a new key value named VK_NULL.

This key doesn't do anything and with it you can do what you described. Of course you can use the OEM or what is was.

Report if there are any problems using it.

This is the easiest way for me, instead of having texts for single key stroke. That would mean more programming.

vk_null.png.84874081943300893f466bff4a9f731b.png

Edited by ArturDCS

This key doesn't do anything and with it you can do what you described. Of course you can use the OEM or what is was.

This is the easiest way for me, instead of having texts for single key stroke. That would mean more programming.

It is working, Thanks

Wow, thank you! I really didn't expect that! :thumbup:

Though I am sorry to say that after the update the program can't find my DCS BIOS location, I have checked and everything is there.

Here's the copied bug report (I couldn't paste the whole thing because the error report txt was to long):

Bug Report from DCSFP

DCS Installation : DCS World OpenBeta
DCS Module : P-51D
Saitek Panel : PZ70 Multi Panel
Has it worked before? : Yes
DCS-BIOS Status? : Doesn't work
Is this DCS-BIOS related? : Yes

Related cockpit control/device/gauge? : No

27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom messag27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom message = [Error disabling Enhanced USB Power Management.]
System.Security.SecurityException
Requested registry access is not allowed.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
  at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.FixUSBEnhancedPowerManagerIssues()
27.01.2019 07:28:33  version : 1.0.126.6876
1073 Custom message = []
System.Exception
Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. 
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\CommonData.json'.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadCommonData(String jsonDirectory)
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadControls()
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetControl(String controlId)
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetDCSBIOSOutput(String controlId)
  at NonVisuals.SaitekPanel..ctor(SaitekPanelsEnum typeOfSaitekPanel, HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
  at NonVisuals.MultiPanelPZ70..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton, TabItem parentTabItem, IGlobalHandler globalHandler)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.SearchForPanels()

After updating to the pre-release version it's unable to find BIOS, I have tested to see if it will work ingame dispite the error but its having problems, for example if i press to turn a switch on it instantly turns it off again.

EDIT: This seems to be happening with key emulator too and it only seems to happen with the buttons on the PZ70.

Edited by Fallen_Tyrael

Wow, thank you! I really didn't expect that! :thumbup:

Though I am sorry to say that after the update the program can't find my DCS BIOS location, I have checked and everything is there.

Here's the copied bug report (I couldn't paste the whole thing because the error report txt was to long):

Bug Report from DCSFP

DCS Installation : DCS World OpenBeta
DCS Module : P-51D
Saitek Panel : PZ70 Multi Panel
Has it worked before? : Yes
DCS-BIOS Status? : Doesn't work
Is this DCS-BIOS related? : Yes

Related cockpit control/device/gauge? : No

27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom messag27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom message = [Error disabling Enhanced USB Power Management.]
System.Security.SecurityException
Requested registry access is not allowed.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
  at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.FixUSBEnhancedPowerManagerIssues()
27.01.2019 07:28:33  version : 1.0.126.6876
1073 Custom message = []
System.Exception
Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. 
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\CommonData.json'.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadCommonData(String jsonDirectory)
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadControls()
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetControl(String controlId)
  at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetDCSBIOSOutput(String controlId)
  at NonVisuals.SaitekPanel..ctor(SaitekPanelsEnum typeOfSaitekPanel, HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
  at NonVisuals.MultiPanelPZ70..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton, TabItem parentTabItem, IGlobalHandler globalHandler)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.SearchForPanels()

After updating to the pre-release version it's unable to find BIOS, I have tested to see if it will work ingame dispite the error but its having problems, for example if i press to turn a switch on it instantly turns it off again.

See post 1110. If that is not the problem ArturDCS will have to help

See post 1110. If that is not the problem ArturDCS will have to help

Hey PEEP,

Thanks again for your reply.

I checked the post you mentioned and it looks like I don't have a DCS.openbeta folder in my Saved Games, you wouldn't happen to know where its located on the Steam version of DCS?

Hey PEEP,

Thanks again for your reply.

I checked the post you mentioned and it looks like I don't have a DCS.openbeta folder in my Saved Games, you wouldn't happen to know where its located on the Steam version of DCS?

Hi again

I dont have the steam version but all i can suggest is do a search for , json , and you should get pointed to it somewhere in your saved games folder.

It could be something like C/users/your name/Saved games/DCS.steam/scripts/DCS-BIOS/doc/json

Edited by PEEP
additional information

Hi again

I dont have the steam version but all i can suggest is do a search for , json , and you should get pointed to it somewhere in your saved games folder.

It could be something like C/users/your name/Saved games/DCS.steam/scripts/DCS-BIOS/doc/json

Yes mine is "C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json" and everything is in there.

What is odd is that the commands I have set to a key work in game despite the warning, however pressing a button on the PZ70 seems to be doing a double press, same thing is happening with Key Emulator as well.

Yes mine is "C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json" and everything is in there.

What is odd is that the commands I have set to a key work in game despite the warning, however pressing a button on the PZ70 seems to be doing a double press, same thing is happening with Key Emulator as well.

Hi again, i have not come across this before. We will have to wait for ArturDCS to see your bug report and hopefully he can steer you in the right direction

Hi again, i have not come across this before. We will have to wait for ArturDCS to see your bug report and hopefully he can steer you in the right direction

Ok, thank you for your help anyway.

I just did a clean install and now I'm no longer getting the location error, now I just need to figure out why im getting 2 key presses instead of 1 still.

OK so if you configure "A" it produces 2 A's? Is it when using VK_NULL?

edit:

I've been testing here and it does seem to work? What could it be, are anyone else having these problems?Check your profile, post the relevant part of the profile here.

Fallen_Tyrael, you can test by opening Notepad and while clicking see how many letters are produced, for example letter A. I don't have a problem here so atm I don't know what is going on.

Ok, thank you for your help anyway.

I just did a clean install and now I'm no longer getting the location error, now I just need to figure out why im getting 2 key presses instead of 1 still.

Edited by ArturDCS

OK so if you configure "A" it produces 2 A's? Is it when using VK_NULL?

It happens with or without VK_NULL also happens with DCS_BIOS in the P51.

So if I set 'M' on the HDG button for on and off and press it once (light comes on) I get 2x M in the log and in notepad and if I press it again (light off) I get another 2x M.

If I hold the button down I get a single M and release another M.

However if I put M set to 'on' alone I only get one keypress.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Worth noting that it is fine for the rest of the controls (Flaps Up/Down, Trim, LCD knob and auto throttle)

Can you head on over to our Discord server? Easier to exchange info via chat.

It happens with or without VK_NULL also happens with DCS_BIOS in the P51.

So if I set 'M' on the HDG button for on and off and press it once (light comes on) I get 2x M in the log and in notepad and if I press it again (light off) I get another 2x M.

If I hold the button down I get a single M and release another M.

However if I put M set to 'on' alone I only get one keypress.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Worth noting that it is fine for the rest of the controls (Flaps Up/Down, Trim, LCD knob and auto throttle)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Where do I find "DCSFlightpanels.exe" ?

downloaded pack called "DCSFlightpanels-3.4.3.zip" but there is non exe file here !

(https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels/tree/3.4.3)

Please advise,

Soren

Edited by user-3579
update

Any feedback/advice or comments are highly appreciated

Have a great day 🙂

Brgds

FighterNCO