DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Do you need help? DCSFlightpanels not working as it should?

There are several people around that can and will help. Please help them in turn by providing from start enough information so they can narrow the problem down as quickly as possibly.

• Specify your operating system, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10?
  • Post your DCSFP error log (as attachment or in
 tags[/i])[/b]
[b]Post your profile or those lines that are (if) relevant ([i]as attachment or in [code] tags[/i])
[/b]
[b]Be as specific as possible when asking for help[/b]
[b]Did it use to work? What has changed?[/b]
[b]Do you have DCS-BIOS installed? Can you use the DCS-BIOS Control Reference page (see first post)[/b]
[b]If *asked* turn on DCSFP "Debug On" and "Debug to file" and post the debug file[/b]
[b]Close down DCS, delete all logs under C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs => restart DCS and post dcs.log and dcs-bios.log
[/b]

Hey guys I'm having this issue seen here:

When I click on either Upper or Lower LCD Panel I get an error that it can't find a file. I have just installed the files as described above, and everything is working but this. (I was also unable to test via the Chrome plugin as I have no "apps" to launch).

I get a similar error if I attempt to use the "Formula Sandbox" (also shown in the video).

I can collect and post the logs if I need to but here's the error from the log DCSFlightPanels log:

(when clicking Options > Formula Sandbox)

31.05.2020 03:42:51 version : 1.0.261.6345

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at DCS_BIOS.JaceExtended..ctor()

at DCSFlightpanels.Windows.JaceSandboxWindow..ctor(DCSBIOS dcsbios)

at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.MenuItemFormulaSandbox_OnClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

(When clicking on either Upper or Lower LCD Data button)

31.05.2020 03:42:39 version : 1.0.261.6345

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at DCS_BIOS.JaceExtended..ctor()

at DCSFlightpanels.Windows.DCSBiosOutputFormulaWindow..ctor(DCSAirframe dcsAirframe, String description, Boolean userEditsDescription)

at DCSFlightpanels.PanelUserControls.MultiPanelUserControl.ButtonLcdConfig(PZ70LCDPosition pz70LCDPosition, Button button, String description)

31.05.2020 03:42:34 version : 1.0.261.6345

Thanks (In advance)

Hi ArturDCS,

Great application. Thank you very much.

I have three Saitek Panels PZ70, PZ69 and FIP and I have few queries:

1. Is any chance for FIP support? I have seen that some effort has been taken in the past, but any plans for future? For HSI it would be perfect.

2. PZ70 query. This panel has several push-buttons with back-light. I see that current DCSFlightpanels version doesn't support these LED's control, or I didn't find this function within the app. Any plans to add this functionality in the future?

3. There is any function to turn-off 7segLED displays after I switch off DCS?

@szadok -- I can't speak for ArturDCS, but I seriously doubt we'll ever have FIP support for DCS. It's a very difficult thing to do and we never were able to get it working properly. With regard to the PZ70 panel, it's also unlikely to get LED control.

Regarding turning off all LED displays and or lights, as on the Switch Panel, I use the Logitech test utilities. When you run these, the LEDs go through a test pattern. When you close the utilities, the panels go dark.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

@szadok -- I can't speak for ArturDCS, but I seriously doubt we'll ever have FIP support for DCS. It's a very difficult thing to do and we never were able to get it working properly. With regard to the PZ70 panel, it's also unlikely to get LED control.

Regarding turning off all LED displays and or lights, as on the Switch Panel, I use the Logitech test utilities. When you run these, the LEDs go through a test pattern. When you close the utilities, the panels go dark.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks for the info.

hello,

I would like to understand how to set a time on a key assignment because I can't.

Every time I right click to choose the time to press the key i get an error message that says "the object reference is not defined to an instance of an object" and my touch then comes back to the time of 32millisec.

Thank you in advance for your help...

Hi!

I am currently having issues with DCSFlightpanels on IL2 Stalingrad. I hope it is not offtopic here in DCS forums.

It used to work perfectly a couple of days ago (with the issue that it doesn't always recognize modifiers such as shift and only inputs the last letter) but now IL2 doesn't register the commands at all. The virtual keystrokes are being sent by DCSFP but Il2 does not get them.

When I activate the switches anywhere I get the key presses. Even for engine start, which is E, when I press the specific switch, an E appears on everywhere, text file, virtual keyboards, the DCSFP logs, but in Il2 it doesn't do anything. When I press E on the physical keyboard, the engine does start. DCSFP is currently working in DCS. Have you ever had that happen to you?

• 3 weeks later...
hello,

I would like to understand how to set a time on a key assignment because I can't.

Every time I right click to choose the time to press the key i get an error message that says "the object reference is not defined to an instance of an object" and my touch then comes back to the time of 32millisec.

Thank you in advance for your help...

I have same issue. So I manually change time in the text editor.

• 3 weeks later...

Since last update, my Switch Panel (PZ55) profile doesn't work anymore with F-18C. I already downloaded last F-18c lua file but it still doesn't do anything in game.

Anyone with this problem?

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Hi Alexbap,

Try to check if you Export.Lua file if it didn't changed and it still include the line :-

"dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])"

The Export.Lua file located of course under: C:\Users\user name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts and your updated DCS-BIOS folder must replace the old one in this Scripts directory.

hope that i help

Aviram_AD

Hi Alexbap,

Try to check if you Export.Lua file if it didn't changed and it still include the line :-

"dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])"

The Export.Lua file located of course under: C:\Users\user name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts and your updated DCS-BIOS folder must replace the old one in this Scripts directory.

hope that i help

Thanks Aviramad, but unfortunatly that didn't work. I can get DCS panels to work but just as key emulator. Any of my Bios profiles failed to work after this week update. Already redownloaded lates BIOS.lua but nothing. All of my profiles worked without any problems until now.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

I use bios from link posted on first post.

https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/tree/master/Scripts/DCS-BIOS

Until last dcs patch I didn't have any problem with DCS panels and I didn't do anything to my DCS other than patch itself. I didn't add any other mod or change any file.

I thought that DCS Bios was broken by patch itself but it seems I'm the only one having this problem.

Thanks alot for your help, BlackLibrary. But what do you mean by master branch? Are you talking about bios? Isn't the one from the link I posted the correct one?

I just did a DCS repair and installed bios from this link and problem remains.

https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios/releases/

Inside DCS panels I can access to DCS bios comands to change my profile and when I use switches or gear handle it shows moving on DCS panels but it just doesn't comunicate with DCS.

I don't know if this helps but here are last lines from DCSFlightpanels_error_log.txt.

"20.07.2020 12:13:43 version : 1.0.186.5254

9216 Custom message = [DCSBIOS.SendDataFunction()]

System.ObjectDisposedException

Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient'.

at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send(Byte[] dgram, Int32 bytes, IPEndPoint endPoint)

at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOS.SendDataFunction(String stringData)

20.07.2020 12:13:43 version : 1.0.186.5254

666 Custom message = [Via DCSBIOS.SetLastException()]

at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send(Byte[] dgram, Int32 bytes, IPEndPoint endPoint)

at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOS.SendDataFunction(String stringData)

20.07.2020 12:13:43 version : 1.0.186.5254

9216 Custom message = [DCSBIOS.SendDataFunction()]

at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOS.SendDataFunction(String stringData)"

ok to clarify it.

there are two version of BIOS

https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios/releases/ this is the HUB version need to change the patch in settings to the JSON files. also is outdated

the first link is our BIOS Fork.

the releases https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases/tag/0.7.35 are for stable DCS

master branch ist this https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios (hit the green CODE Button to download it) this is recomended for the Beta DCS

Done!!

Downloaded Bios from master branch and is finally working.

I can't thank you enough BlackLibrary for your help.

Hi

I am no expert but try this.

If you are using DCSFP as a key emulator you would left mouse click on the gear down box , the box is now yellow. The key bind for gear down in the F18 is LSHIFT+G.

Now i am assuming you want to use key binds with DCS bios because you get that error because LSHIFT means nothing as it is not associated with a FA18 DCS-BIOS command. You program it by right clicking on the gear down box and pick Edit DCS-BIOS Control. Click on New and type in gear. Click on gear lever. in enter value sent to DCS-Bios put in 0 (gear down is 0 , gear up is 1) press OK. In description type gear down.

Gear down is now programmed.

On the very first post on this thread are some helpful youtube tutorials and other information. These helped me a lot when i first started.

The Parameter "-nostreamdeck" doesn't work for me any more.

How can I disable the Stream deck implementation of DCS Flightpanels?

Edited by Schlapperklange

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

I have had several problems lately with the DCS BIOS and Flightpanels. In post #1268 it is explained that if you are using Open Beta DCS you need to use the master branch DCS BIOS.

I have downloaded it but i cannot find any programfile that installs it.

Please help.

No install exe. Just copy paste. I'm not at home, but in the wiki of the flightpanel software's github wiki is an installation guide

Tnx a lot for your time and explanation, it worked fine after following the steps in Wiki although it wasn't easy for a dummy on computers like myself.