Looking for some pilot training.

ZedsDead

Hello in about a week my saitek x55 will be arriving and by that time DCS will be downloaded and I will be ready to fly. I'm looking for a wingman to teach me how to fly. e.g. trim, propeller pitch, manifold pressure etc. I've seen people talking about them a lot but don't know what they are.

Because I will have the TF-51 I don't know how many options I'll actually have because it has a basic flight model. I plan on buying the FA-18 when its released and another module because i like pressing heaps of button and switches. i'll probably get the P-51.

So if anyone wants to teach me, let me know.

I should be a quick learner.:joystick:

If you wanna learn the pony I recommend several servers to start with, Dogs of War, ACG, or Burning skies servers. These are WWII oriented and someone should be willing to lend a hand. If not check out the website in my signature, someone should help as well. Good luck!

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

I'm looking for a wingman to teach me how to fly. e.g. trim, propeller pitch, manifold pressure etc. I've seen people talking about them a lot but don't know what they are.

Hi,

Welcome to the Forums :pilotfly:.

I recommend you to start from the desk. Here is a great article about manifold pressure and propeller pitch:

http://www.advancedpilot.com/downloads/prep.pdf

Unless you are somekind of engine geek, it will take you some time to understand how to handle this stuff.

Good luck!

Lukasz

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.