VLOG: DCS WORLD 2 EXCLUSIVE PEEK

Wags

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this! With all the buzz and speculation about F-14's in the LN forum when they said about implementing full multi-seat I squeed at the thought. Now to get some MiG-28's :P.

An F-5 would be cool, and I doubt anybody would complain if they re-skinned it and called it a Mig 28 for the red camp ;)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Its on them weather or not they continue using sli or 3dvision or Oculus Rift...

The tech is their its up to game developer to decide what tech they want to use. Im simply asking if they will continue the use of 3dvision and if they have some new profiles to better utilize said tech above.

None of this has to do with the game developer. This is purely Nvidia's job on providing you driver updates and SLI profiles for these games. Nvidia 3d vision is improved by firmware, software and hardware updates.

Just so you're aware. If you want answers, speak to Nvidia.

None of this has to do with the game developer. This is purely Nvidia's job on providing you driver updates and SLI profiles for these games. Nvidia 3d vision is improved by firmware, software and hardware updates.

Just so you're aware. If you want answers, speak to Nvidia.

Jesus, that's not what I'm asking. Again for the milionth time asking wether ED is utilizing 3dvision in new engine aka making improvements for it like oculus rift. Sli yes obviously nvidia provides the profiles I think I made that pretty clear multiple times.

• Like 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Its on them weather or not they continue using sli or 3dvision or Oculus Rift...

The tech is their its up to game developer to decide what tech they want to use. Im simply asking if they will continue the use of 3dvision and if they have some new profiles to better utilize said tech above.

Jesus, that's not what I'm asking. Again for the milionth time asking wether ED is utilizing 3dvision in new engine aka making improvements for it like oculus rift. Sli yes obviously nvidia provides the profiles I think I made that pretty clear multiple times.

I know what you meant. The answer is, it's not ED's job. 3dVision is just glorified stereoscopic 3d that you can get very simply by NVIDIA patching their software so that it supports the game. If you're asking if they are designing their game with 3d Vision in mind so everything looks even more 3d than other games, the answer is probably no.

Edited by Hav0k

Most definitely. Trees really mess up a helicopter pilots day. They cause problems for jets, but I think the rotors feel it more.

That is true, but trees are also the rotor pilots best friend in real life and sorely missed in DCS currently.. In my opinion, it is the most immersion busting aspect of rotor ops in DCS today..

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Most definitely. Trees really mess up a helicopter pilots day. They cause problems for jets, but I think the rotors feel it more.

Yeah, there is also the concentration factor that we don't need to consider currently. We can happily fly at tree top level in a fast jet without worrying so much, if trees were solid however, that would all change and force us to watch out a little more, all adds to the immersion.

That said, I don't mind if it is down on the priority list, I'm sure things will all come together soon enough once DCS World 2 is released and stable.

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The problem with seeing this new map is it puts you off firing up the old map. I really thought they would have released this by now given it's only an Alpha. Everyone knows there will be bugs with an Alpha, so why are we still waiting on a release date now? I just can't bring myself to start up the old map, so I'm going to wait before I purchase any new modules.

Edited by Dudester22
  • Like 1

• ED Team
The problem with seeing this new map is it puts you off firing up the old map. I really thought they would have released this by now given it's only an Alpha. Everyone knows there will be bugs with an Alpha, so why are we still waiting on a release date now? I just can't bring myself to start up the old map, so I'm going to wait before I purchase any new modules.

You need some new material, maybe hire a writer for your posts?

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@Dudester22

EDIT: Meh, sniped.

Well, we don't know much about possible problems with EDGE and NTTR.

Perhaps it isn't running stable yet, perhaps it always crashes after 20 minutes, perhaps some areas of the map look extremely bad with huge holes in the ground where you can see water and the game crashes once you get closer than 10 miles to them.

Such things would create hundreds of angry threads by disappointed users, like "WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****, WE WAITED THAT LONG AND YOU GIVE US SOME UNFINISHED ****".

And nobody would care about the HUGE sign saying "ALPHA".

"The Mission editor" you have my attention "... will it be simplified ..." :shocking:

"but this will not be happening. The editor will remain as powerful complex and deep as it is now." :prop:

But seriously ED what we want is MORE powerful, MORE complex and MORE deep. In DCS, MORE is always the answer.

I seriously hope they change the way unit placement works. It is hard to estimate size of unit and direction when placing it around objects. Will be nice to see a realtime map view of the actual units and position them accordingly.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

You are asking the wrong question actually, from not having a proper understanding of the technology. Game devs and games themselves don't really 'use' 3d vision. Its a driver level feature that generally happens to work fine if the dev doesn't have something hardcoded at a depth that obviously breaks from not having stereoscopic 3d in mind. There was a point in time where HUDs in DCS were broken in stereo for basically that reason (could still be the case without needing a mod). The very few (2/3?) Nvidia endorsed games that explicitly 'feature' it, obviously tested it and can maybe activate it in game. The Oculus integration is certainly about more then just the 3d effect alone, but its likely the parts that make sure its rendered right could spill over into just working for 3d vision.

You are asking the wrong question actually, from not having a proper understanding of the technology. Game devs and games themselves don't really 'use' 3d vision. Its a driver level feature that generally happens to work fine if the dev doesn't have something hardcoded at a depth that obviously breaks from not having stereoscopic 3d in mind. There was a point in time where HUDs in DCS were broken in stereo for basically that reason (could still be the case without needing a mod). The very few (2/3?) Nvidia endorsed games that explicitly 'feature' it, obviously tested it and can maybe activate it in game. The Oculus integration is certainly about more then just the 3d effect alone, but its likely the parts that make sure its rendered right could spill over into just working for 3d vision.

It's still the case all huds are still broken in 3d without the mods to fix them. I understand the tech, it's just a hard situation these days as devs don't generally support it and the attitude from nvidia is not the best either. Us 3dvision users will be perfectly happy if it runs the same in current dcs compared to new dcs. If not well all money will be on oculus rift then.

My biggest worry is nvidia and ati don't pay much attention to simulators like this and won't put a good effort towards it in their drivers and profiles. Has been the case since original blackshark...

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Pretty cool. Makes me more interested in the huey with a bit more interesting ground to fly over. I hope they add collision models to trees too. Kinda kills the vibe when you mess up a ground attack run in a plane only to go 'nooo, trees!' and to fly through them with no harm.

So looking forward to the mighty spitfire too. Much 109 vs spitfire fun to be had.

Call me shallow, but I'd love some better damage effects to make sense of the internal damage.

• ED Team
Pretty cool. Makes me more interested in the huey with a bit more interesting ground to fly over. I hope they add collision models to trees too. Kinda kills the vibe when you mess up a ground attack run in a plane only to go 'nooo, trees!' and to fly through them with no harm.

So looking forward to the mighty spitfire too. Much 109 vs spitfire fun to be had.

Call me shallow, but I'd love some better damage effects to make sense of the internal damage.

Collision for trees is already stated to be in for the new maps.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

An F-5 would be cool, and I doubt anybody would complain if they re-skinned it and called it a Mig 28 for the red camp ;)

:D TOP GUN is coming (maybe an NTTR extension as well)

Fighter Squadron Composite (VFC-13) Saints is a US Navy fighter squadron that provides adversary training for U.S. Navy air wings at NAS Fallon, Nevada

VFC-13 uses "Bogey" as its main radio callsign. :bounce:

Black-Sea-1.jpg

sign-pic4.jpg

I too wait to hear whether someone out there is going to do more to support currently accessable tech like 3d vision and surround.... um, more robustly. It seems for those of us that use the tech that it's support is an afterthought. Almost as if the tech is supported by the custodian over at the NVidia offices in his/her spare time. The best support appears to come from a community of enthusiasts on the internet, and not even on their own forums. But they are practically the only ones to really do anything like it, and so, I use the technology to the best of my ability.

My HOPE for the Rift is that it WILL be supported enthusiastically by developers, and not some fringe tech that comes with a hefty price tag and little in the way of actual use outside of the realms of tweakers and modders. I really don't care who is to blame as far as the devs or NVidia per sae; more to the point is that I have felt like a beta tester of this technology since the days of the Revelators and CRT monitors.

/rant off.

DCS looks great, and I do hope to see the improvements they plan to implement realized sooner rather than later. I (laughably) would love to see what could happen if development of some of these products (all air combat simulations) could move at even 1/100th the speed of the developer's imaginations, instead of being limited by current development timelines.

:) but I guess that's the price of being at the forefront of a niche market.

Enjoying the conversation. Cheers all.

I am so confused, are there two Frugals out tere? Falcon 4 Frugal and DCS Frugal???

Not sure what Frugal you are talking about (unless it is the twice defunct forum), but this is 'froogle'.

https://www.youtube.com/user/frooglesim

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: