[BUG] Su-25T Alt Hold Autopilot

Dr_Arrow

Alt HOLD Autopilot does not work when QNH is different than 760. If QNH is lower it will stabilize you at lower altitude than you are and if QNH is higher it will stabilize you higher. Attached track illustrates this behavior with QNH in weather tab set to 740. I am flying at 2000 with the correct QNH altimeter setting (also external view shows 2000 meters) engage the alt hold autopilot and it descents and stabilizes me at 1800 meters. This is also valid for the Route Autopilot and also the Landing AP. Landing AP will always crash you if weather QNH is different than 760. This is even more problematic with dynamic weather.

Su-25T_alt_hold_bug.trk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find the autopilot in the Su-25T to be as bad as the "S" key when piloting the Su-27 :cry:

But as others have posted, the autopilot seems to be defaulting to 760 QNH and is not capable of taking account of different values. This being said, I'd rather ED work on DCS World 2 rather than what will hopefully soon be legacy issues.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Yah. Its just as terrifying using the radar alt hold. lol my finger is constantly hovering over the autopilot disengage switch lol

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Did it work before ?

I am unsure as whenever I fly the Toad in combat ( 104th SEAD usually ) following a pre-plotted flight path would result in a immediate crash into the soil, and it always was like this.

As a result, I never used any AP but level flight AP to trim the AC.

I always wished it could fly at Radar-ALT, 200m above the ground and let me relax, NO...it needs a full grab on the stick and full attention HAHA.

BTW, with the new patch, I cant ven start it's engines, I tried all, SP, MP, reset controls for engines, defined 2 Warthog switches to start them.. nada,

Have I missed a newly introduced startup feature or is my installation buggy with the Su-25T. All others I have tested so far are fine, actually really enjoyable :)

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 5 months later...

I just came across this bug today.

I had just finished the training missions and decided to try the "Command Post" mission. As I was cruising at 4500m above the mountains I decided to start scanning for my target and, from wings level and trimmed, I engaged the "Autopilot - Level Flight" and to my shock the aircraft immediately entered a 30 degree dive into the mountains! Barometric Altitude Hold did the same thing.

Would be nice to have it fixed in 1.5.