Clients Crashing with CTTS

TracerFacer

Can you post the crash logs from the clients? It helps to narrow down what might be causing the crash.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have a similar problem, when an infantry spawns after a unit is destroyed while using RagnarDa's Dynamic Medevac Script, all the clients in the game crash.

here's the crash report

Crash log.zip

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Thanks for the reports, I've narrowed it down, reproduced and reported it.

Its a scripting engine bug that will effect all scripts using coalition.addGroup() in MP.

Do you know if the problem will be a quick fix?

I certainly hope so. I spent quite a bit of time implementing and testing the Medevac script on my server only to have the update break it the next day.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I certainly hope so. I spent quite a bit of time implementing and testing the Medevac script on my server only to have the update break it the next day.

Same situation with Gori valley... Developed a framework for months. Published it today and guess what. Clients are crashing due to update. Disappointed. Revert back to previous version like I did.

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Thanks for the reports, I've narrowed it down, reproduced and reported it.

Its a scripting engine bug that will effect all scripts using coalition.addGroup() in MP.

Aha. Gori valley uses that extensively! Thanks grimes for that! Root cause found.

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Yeah, this is killing our server. Crashing every client when one guy does something simple.. even a simple group activate is crashing the clients...

how does something like this make it into the patch cycle with out getting caught? It was obvious that there was something wrong seconds after applying the patch... Is there ANY QA'ing going on? do they QA in MP mode with the popular scripts that people are using?

What is even more frustrating is that with each patch cycle, I never notice any bug fixes, only the new ones that are introduced. The stuff being fixed seems minor compared to the stuff that is broke. Could just be my perception?

Sling load - Broke about 5 patches ago - no hope in sight of a fix?

Embark/Disembark doesn't work in MP... did it ever?

ADF Nav / Transmit Message doesn't work in MP.. did it ever?

And now this..

Countess numbers of people have put in countless numbers of hours in to designing missions, only to have the rug pulled out from underneath them, with no word as to when we can get a fix.. not only for this new thing.. but all the other stuff that don't work..

And then I look at the next patch notes.. and maybe some inane meaningless features is fixed.. but meanwhile.. the sling load of the huey's has been broke for months now..

Entire missions are broke now and can't be played. When you spend a significant amount of your free time building missions.. only to have all that work wasted is very frustrating..

Would appreciate some feedback from the DEVs - Is there a road map of current bugs that are being tracked/worked on? Like a source forge or something like that?

Is ANY of this actually being worked on? Or are all efforts being put into EDGE - and we just have to suck it up and wait - If the later is the answer.. that is fine.. just tell us - so we stop wasting hours and hours developing content. We don't get paid to do this. I'd rather not waste my time building anything else if the end result is that NONE of it works.

They are well aware of the severity of this bug. Yes it appears to be a priority. No I cannot say when the bug will be fixed. I hope soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance ED could force a reversion to the previous version? This on going issue with 1.2.14.36041.618 is a serious drag on our servers and missions. It is impossible to explain this problem to the average player and have them revert to a stable version. Most players are just not following these details but they are wondering where xxx mission is or wondering why they keep getting booted from servers. People have gotten upset with server admits cuz they are getting booted. They just get pissed off and don't come back thinking its the mission, server, or admins.

This should have been backed out on day one... Its been a few weeks now and we are still in the same boat. Is there any update? If not can't we just go back one version? Seems like an easy temporary solution until it can be fixed properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Change trigger.action.outTextForCoalition(groupside, playerName .. " extracted troops", 5) to trigger.action.outText(playerName.. " extracted troops", 5) and so on for trigger.action.outTextForCoalition(groupside, playerName .. to trigger.action.outText(playerName.. Only thing is that both sides will see it. but its a quick fix for now!

Edited by 929th-Ez-Ian

win10 Home, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z68MA-DAH-B3, 32GB DDR3, Intel i5 quad 3.10GHz, Geforce GTX 650 Ti, Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, 2 MFD's, Track-IR5 and single 32" monitor

Ez-Ian, I don't believe your suggestion will fix the problem... at least it did not for me.

Did you do your testing as the host? The problem only affects remote MP clients. If the script is run on the host, then the script works as expected without crashing.

Grimes, has this been fixed within the latest beta? Unable to test at present but my fellow squadies would love to know. Cheers.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Like I said, try it. :)

I tested it with a very simple script and it didn't crash. I didn't have a chance to use it either in an actual game session setting or spawning a bazillion units at once, so if issues arise please let me know.

There are likely still some issues with cargo objects and related functions for the cargo objects.