C-101 BUGS WE ARE TRACKING

Tango

Hi,

Pending a dedicated bug reporting section, these are the current bugs we are tracking (.2 update). I will update as more information becomes available.

* Open

* Fixed

BUGS:

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango
  • Like 1

Please ask those moderators to create a sub-forum for bugs

or

hold this thread to the top and highlight the title?

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi, i'm in love with the C-101, I couldn't wait for it since it was announced. 1st flight went smooth and no major issues whatsoever, however, here are some bugs I encountered while doing a quick flight:

1. I haven't been able to bring up the communications menu. The premapped \ didnt work. I set the Comms to the same key, while remapping the old one to my joystick. Still no way to bring it up. The new Comms menu button brings what I assume was the GPU.

2. After shutting my engine down, there still is the engine noise in the cockpit as if I was flying, but on external view I cannot hear the airplane.

104th_Junior

Hi, i'm in love with the C-101, I couldn't wait for it since it was announced. 1st flight went smooth and no major issues whatsoever, however, here are some bugs I encountered while doing a quick flight:

1. I haven't been able to bring up the communications menu. The premapped \ didnt work. I set the Comms to the same key, while remapping the old one to my joystick. Still no way to bring it up. The new Comms menu button brings what I assume was the GPU.

2. After shutting my engine down, there still is the engine noise in the cockpit as if I was flying, but on external view I cannot hear the airplane.

comm is under development I think

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi,

Few things I noticed on the first flight:

• Airspeed indicator resets from max speed to correct speed when going from outside view to the cockpit (same thing happens on the Hawk);
  • trim indicators don't move for me
  • gear doesn't work using the standard "G" key, works fine with binding to HOTAS though;
  • When autopilot is on, u can use the rudder at full deflection, control surface moves but the plane doesn't yaw a single bit;
  • no comms menu possible;
  • no kneeboard possible;

Also noticed that u pretty much don't require any rudder input to fly, is this because of the SFM? I checked my setting to see if I can disable "auto rudder" buts I couldn't find anything.

Hi,

Few things I noticed on the first flight:

• Airspeed indicator resets from max speed to correct speed when going from outside view to the cockpit (same thing happens on the Hawk);
  • gear doesn't work using the standard "G" key, works fine with binding to HOTAS though;

Also noticed that u pretty much don't require any rudder input to fly, is this because of the SFM? I checked my setting to see if I can disable "auto rudder" buts I couldn't find anything.

I came here to post your no 1 bug, the airspeed reset. So that one's confirmed.

You have to bind the gear thru the custom settings menu.. then it works.

It's a single engine jet, you shouldn't need to use rudder much except for landings and such.

I ejected on the ground with the canopy open, afterward the eject sequence it shows as if the canopy was closed.. ( Very very minor bug )

I have spend 5 minutes looking the the airbrake switch/toggle in the cockpit. I can see the indication and the hydraulic pressure guage, but I just couldn't find the control itself.

Stall behaviour was euhm.. very basic and easy to control. Entering a spin took some doing, but was successfull, recovery is easy too.

Full crab landings looked good to me. Can't wait for the AFM.

During my first flight I lost the airspeed indicator and altimeter completely. They stayed stuck at 125kts and 12.000'. I could not reproduce this one during subsequent flights, perhaps because I turned on the pitot heat (?) If that's the case shouldn't the pitot heat be on when you get a hot airplane?

Please clean up the command list under settings, there is soo much that we don't need on the 101. Just scrap everything we don't need please.

Edited by Koriel

1) Flaps don't work with assigned KEY or Hotas. Don't go down or up , handle in cockpit works.

2) Gear doesn't work PERIOD, Key, Hotas or Handle in cockpit.

Never mind, found it on another part of the forums, Need to assign Custom Keys

Edited by Mode1961

I came here to post your no 1 bug, the airspeed reset. So that one's confirmed.

I can't change this (at the moment).

You have to bind the gear thru the custom settings menu.. then it works.

I'm re-working the complete key list.

It's a single engine jet, you shouldn't need to use rudder much except for landings and such.

The rudder does function. I think the problem is the ball is not sensitive enough.

I ejected on the ground with the canopy open, afterward the eject sequence it shows as if the canopy was closed.. ( Very very minor bug )

If you look, the glass should be broken. I'm not aware of any way to fix this due to the way the ejection sequence works. You shouldn't eject with the canopy open anyway. :D

I have spend 5 minutes looking the the airbrake switch/toggle in the cockpit. I can see the indication and the hydraulic pressure guage, but I just couldn't find the control itself.

It's on the throttle.

Stall behaviour was euhm.. very basic and easy to control. Entering a spin took some doing, but was successfull, recovery is easy too.

Full crab landings looked good to me. Can't wait for the AFM.

Actually the SFM is quite accurate compared to the real aircraft. The real thing is quite docile. Same for spins. :thumbup:

During my first flight I lost the airspeed indicator and altimeter completely. They stayed stuck at 125kts and 12.000'. I could not reproduce this one during subsequent flights, perhaps because I turned on the pitot heat (?) If that's the case shouldn't the pitot heat be on when you get a hot airplane?

Pitot heat is "AS REQUIRED" so I leave it off by default. It should be OFF for ground ops otherwise it can overheat due to lack of airflow... ;)

Please clean up the command list under settings, there is soo much that we don't need on the 101. Just scrap everything we don't need please.

I'm on it!

Best regards,

Tango.

I also noted the rudder, but I've also notice the rudder issue with the Hawk - so I was attributing it to the SFM.

I know faster jets (I'm used to Helos and slow ground attack aircraft) don't need as much rudder, but I can do a hard snap to the right, pull a hard - almost blacking out - high-G turn, and the ball doesn't move noticably.

Like I said, I see this behavior with the Hawk as well, so I think this is SFM, not C-101 - especailly as I saw similar flight characteristics in the Su-27 pre-PFM, and do not post-PFM.

Edited by Vedexent

Contrails do work at altitude, so skip that one.

GPU is silent outside the cockpit, but a very minor issue at the moment I think.

We need the countries available updated of course, so we can use all those lovely skins in mission editor at some point too.

Overall, an excellent beginning though!