C-101 BUGS WE ARE TRACKING

Tango

Hello, quick question: I always liked the C101 module, but it used to feel slow and easy to stall (not saying that was a problem, just that it was how I remembered it). But I tried it again today and although the pedals tremble to warn you of imminent stall, you can actually pull that stick back as hard and long as you want and the plane not only doesn’t stall but gains actual speed. Even when I have the throttle around 75/80%.
Was there any change in the flight model? Is it accurate like this? (The C101CC)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

On 9/28/2021 at 12:06 AM, tagomago said:

Hello, quick question: I always liked the C101 module, but it used to feel slow and easy to stall (not saying that was a problem, just that it was how I remembered it). But I tried it again today and although the pedals tremble to warn you of imminent stall, you can actually pull that stick back as hard and long as you want and the plane not only doesn’t stall but gains actual speed. Even when I have the throttle around 75/80%.
Was there any change in the flight model? Is it accurate like this? (The C101CC)

Hi tagomago. I don't really know what you mean. If you pull hard on the stick, even with high engine power set, the aircraft will lose speed and wings will stall, both on C-101 EB and C-101CC. If you are on a hard bank turn it can be that speed increases, but at a cost of a large altitude loss, at a high descent vertical speed. There will usually be a small tendency to roll that you need to compensate with bank. If you add some rudder the airplane will flick roll, though not sharply, entering a spin. The flight model and the whole module is done according to real engineering data, and tested against the real behaviour of the aircraft, of course some bugs can appear when translating that data into code and adapting it to DCS, and it's not so easy to know the real behaviour of the aircraft in a deep stall or spin.  If you still think there's something wrong, I would need a trk recorded in Open Beta version, stating the exact version used to record the trk.

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 2

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

• 2 weeks later...

If I fail the mission (currently doing the dead-recon campaign mission), on restart (click Fly Again) I sometimes have a huge roll that I have to compensate with a lot of aileron trim. it's almost like on restart the fuel or ordinance is not distributed properly. Doesn't happen all the time - seems like I need to burn some fuel or drop bombs/rockets first. Will keep an eye on it and try and work out what it is. Could well be more a DCS issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, menwithven said:

If I fail the mission (currently doing the dead-recon campaign mission), on restart (click Fly Again) I sometimes have a huge roll that I have to compensate with a lot of aileron trim. it's almost like on restart the fuel or ordinance is not distributed properly. Doesn't happen all the time - seems like I need to burn some fuel or drop bombs/rockets first. Will keep an eye on it and try and work out what it is. Could well be more a DCS issue.

We'll investigate it, but it will probably take time.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you have sync with HOTAS enabled in DCS settings?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 10/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, MAXsenna said:

Do you have sync with HOTAS enabled in DCS settings?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I have it turned OFF. I think that is the right setting?

I think I'm getting closer to the problem. I have ruled out it being to do with ordinance. I tried a few missions, dropping bombs/rockets on left side only then restarting mission (clicking "Fly Again") and everything is fine.

However, I just tried a similar thing with fuel. Started the last mission "Ground Attack". Took off, switched the right centre fuel pump to OFF. Sped up time and flew around for a while until burned about 1/4 tank of the centre fuel tank. Had to put left aileron trim in to stop roll. Crashed the plan, clicked "Quit" then "Fly Again". Confirmed there was no aileron trim on indicator and both centre tank pumps were on. This time after takeoff, a/c had a definite roll to the left which I had to correct with aileron trim. At this point, all the ordinance and fuel should be reset at mission start so this was unexpected.

I think the amount of time spent in the mission and the fuel burnt affects how bad the uncommanded roll is on mission restart. The more fuel burn, the worse the roll. When i flew the mission, i was putting "LEFT" aileron trim to counteract right roll (right tank being heavier than the left as right centre pump was off). however, on mission restart, I had to put "RIGHT" aileron trim in to stop LEFT roll. This seems counterintuitive to it being an issue with fuel not resetting, so maybe it is still picking up the aileron trim from before the reset? Will keep investigating...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone 🙂

Recently me and a friend wanted to practice some IFR Flying with the IFR Hood installed, but it does not show up for the player in the rear cockpit. If you are in the front seat and look behind, you can see it, but the guy in the rear cockpit has a clear shield of glass in front of him. Just wanted to report this and thank you for your great work making this module!

Best regards,

Morris "Cuzy" Messing - vCVW-22

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 1:16 AM, MorrisMessing said:

Hi everyone 🙂

Recently me and a friend wanted to practice some IFR Flying with the IFR Hood installed, but it does not show up for the player in the rear cockpit. If you are in the front seat and look behind, you can see it, but the guy in the rear cockpit has a clear shield of glass in front of him. Just wanted to report this and thank you for your great work making this module!

Best regards,

Morris "Cuzy" Messing - vCVW-22

It works in your version if the rear pilot gets out of the cockpit and enters again. it is a DCS issue which is already fixed internally, though not provided to users yet. Thank you for your report.

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 11:59 PM, kontiuka said:

Hi.  Just downloaded the latest patch for stable and noticed a sound issue.  Some cockpit sounds can now be clearly heard in external view like the warning tone, the trim tone, and the gear warning tone.  Perhaps others.  Even with the canopy closed.

Thx.

Deselect this option:

image.png

We have just changed those sounds to be "helmet" ones, instead of cockpit ones, in our last update.

The option is named a bit incorrectly. It shouldn't be "cockpit sounds" but rather "cockpit warnings". I.e., those heard in the pilot helmet only. 

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, kontiuka said:

A weird little bug I've noticed.  Every time I crash the C-101 into the ground, the next time I fly it, it tends to roll left.  I have to restart DCS to fix the issue.  You should be able to reproduce on your end.  I'm on the latest stable version.

I can't reproduce. Does it happen in any mission? Is it any version EB or CC? If it doesn't happen in any mission, please send me a trk, I guess you are using last OB, otherwise let me know the exact version. Txs!

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, Vibora said:

I can't reproduce. Does it happen in any mission? Is it any version EB or CC? If it doesn't happen in any mission, please send me a trk, I guess you are using last OB, otherwise let me know the exact version. Txs!

Hi.  I'm on the latest stable branch.  It happens with the EB and the CC.  I've attached tracks from the Easy Landing mission on Caucasus.  The first track is my intentional crash.  The second track shows my next flight where the plane rolls on its own without any input.  Not a big deal and maybe it's just on my end but wanted to draw your attention to it.

C-101 intentional crash.trk C-101 roll.trk

Luckily Stable and OB are at the same version currently, I say this because I don't have Stable installed, I already have too many versions in my home PC and laptop, and I consider Stable something rather "old", testing and programming-wise, though ED updates it lately to OB quite frequently. I watched your trk and the bug reproduces, but when trying it by myself it doesn't. Do you use FFB? Could it be that the stick, be it FFB or not, doesn't remain exactly centered after a crash? Other than that, I have no idea why this could be happening. I'll ask our programmers.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, Vibora said:

Do you use FFB? Could it be that the stick, be it FFB or not, doesn't remain exactly centered after a crash? Other than that, I have no idea why this could be happening. I'll ask our programmers.

Hi. No, I don't use FFB and don't have any mods installed.  I'll try a repair and let you know if I have different results.

It's strange because the bug only reproduces in your trk. Anyway, we have made some fixes in CoG computations after the airplane crashes and now your trk plays correctly. So, bug fixed. Of course, you need to wait for next update release.

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, Vibora said:

It's strange because the bug only reproduces in your trk. Anyway, we have made some fixes in CoG computations after the airplane crashes and now your trk plays correctly. So, bug fixed. Of course, you need to wait for next update release.

Oh, wow. Cool.  I didn't consider a major problem but thanks for looking into it.

5 hours ago, RED said:

I couldn't find anything on rain drops on the canopy in the forum. Will they be modeled at some point?

It appears to be a bug with DCS World.  I just tried the A-10C and the Huey and there were no raindrops on them either.  Also, no rain sound.  Are you on stable branch?

Edited by kontiuka

4 hours ago, RED said:

@kontiuka no, on open beta. I found something that it might be bugged with certain weather presets and is reported. It was working for me in the Hornet but that might have been another preset.

Yup.  Looks like Overcast and Rain Presets 1 and 2 work fine (including in the C-101) but preset 3 is broken.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Electrical bus bug?

Hi.  I wanted to test the essential bus logic so I disconnected the bus tie and turned off the batteries to see if items on the essential bus such as the VHF radio would turn off but they remained powered.

My understanding is that the essential bus is normally connected to the primary bus (batteries) so I would expect essential bus items to turn off.  Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding?

See track.  Thanks.

C-101 bus tie test.trk