MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

FYI the link to the test missions at http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/ is throwing a 404

Thank you. The one at the bottom of the page right? I'll check it and fix it. At least now I know somebody is reading those manuals. ::music_whistling:

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

FYI the link to the test missions at http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/ is throwing a 404

On top of my reply, there is a link higher at the page too... That one works.

• Like 1

[/TABLE]

Thanks for the video for CAP, just in the right time, when i want to build something like this into a mission.

Do you have a 'system' for ground war, where you have a frontline - one side defend on side attack and each side could fallback or advance dependent on own strength and opponent strength?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Thanks for the video for CAP, just in the right time, when i want to build something like this into a mission.

Do you have a 'system' for ground war, where you have a frontline - one side defend on side attack and each side could fallback or advance dependent on own strength and opponent strength?

Yes and no.

Yes, because you can easily setup a front line engagement using the SPAWN class.

For this, I advise you check the gori valley mission video series. I've just only created 4 videos, but check out the 2nd one, and the briefing one.

No, because there is no "front line" governor in the framework.

Concerning the CAP, this is currently in beta. In our group we're just discussing how it can be made more efficient and govern the patrol of groups of planes in a more coordinated fashion.

FC

• Like 1

[/TABLE]

Hi, FlightControl.

I don't know how to use SET_CLIENT:ForEachClientInZone

Can I See any Example?

I already saw your all video in your youtube channel.

but I didn't find about this.

thank you FC.

Will try to make a demonstration mission to show you how to use the API.

FC

[/TABLE]

Hi, FlightControl.

I don't know how to use SET_CLIENT:ForEachClientInZone

Can I See any Example?

I already saw your all video in your youtube channel.

but I didn't find about this.

thank you FC.

Have a look at this test mission:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/tree/master/Moose%20Test%20Missions/ZON%20-%20Zones/ZON-510%20-%20Send%20message%20if%20Clients%20fly%20the%20first%20time%20in%20the%20Polygon%20Zones

-- Name: ZON-510 - Send message if Clients fly the first time in the Polygon Zones
-- Author: Wingthor and FlightControl
-- Date Created: 20 January 2017
--
-- # Situation:
--
-- There are a couple of player slots of Su-25Ts, that need to fly through two poly zones. 
-- Once a player flies through a poly zone, a message will be sent. But only once. If he flies back through the same zone,
-- nothing is displayed anymore. Unless he logs off and rejoins the mission.
--
-- # Test cases:
-- 
-- 

local PolyZoneGroup1 = GROUP:FindByName("PolyZone1")
local PolyZoneGroup2 = GROUP:FindByName("PolyZone2")

local PolyZone1 = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "PolyZone1", PolyZoneGroup1 )
local PolyZone2 = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "PolyZone2", PolyZoneGroup2 )

local RedClients = SET_CLIENT:New():FilterCoalitions("red"):FilterStart()

SchedulerInit, SchedulerInitID = SCHEDULER:New( nil, 
 function()
   RedClients:ForEachClient( 
     function( MooseClient )

-- Here we register the state of the client in which step he is in.
       -- We set the state of the client "ZoneStep" to 0, indicating that he is not out of the first zone.
       local function ResetClientForZone( MooseClient )
         BASE:E("Reset")
         MooseClient:SetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep", "0" )
       end

BASE:E( { "Alive Init", Client = MooseClient } )
       MooseClient:Alive( ResetClientForZone )
     end
   )
 end, {}, 1
)

Scheduler, SchedulerID = SCHEDULER:New( nil, 
 function ()

RedClients:ForEachClientInZone( PolyZone1, 
     function( MooseClient )
       BASE:E( { Client = MooseClient, State = MooseClient:GetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep" ) } )
       if MooseClient:GetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep" ) == "0" then
         MooseClient:SetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep", "1" )
         MESSAGE:New("Lorem Ipsum", 15, "Pilot Update" ):ToClient( MooseClient )
       end
     end
     )

RedClients:ForEachClientNotInZone( PolyZone1, 
     function( MooseClient )
       BASE:E( { Client = MooseClient, State = MooseClient:GetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep" ) } )
       if MooseClient:GetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep" ) == "1" then
         MooseClient:SetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep", "2" )
         MESSAGE:New("Ipsum Ipsum", 15, "Pilot Update" ):ToClient( MooseClient )
       end
     end
     )

RedClients:ForEachClientInZone( PolyZone2, 
     function( MooseClient )
       if MooseClient:GetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep" ) == "2" then
         MooseClient:SetState( MooseClient, "ZoneStep", "3" )
         MESSAGE:New("Lorem Lorem", 15, "Pilot Update" ):ToClient( MooseClient )
       end
     end
     )

end, {}, 10, 1 
 )

[/TABLE]

Went for a run in the park this morning. Quite cold here these days.

Yes, but it is good to let the mind wander...

Please, take care to look after your work / life balance.

I remember you stepping back from this a while ago, and for very good reason.

As much as you getting back into MOOSE and the community again, is appreciated, I have a feeling you put a lot of time into this project.

The videos, the demo missions, everything. Do not spend all private time on this. Family and health is important, in fact, far more important than anything. It's a hobby after all. ;)

Just to let you know I've taken the first steps with MOOSE and it is a fantastic toolset for dynamic missions and opens a whole new world of options for mission building.

Can't thank you guys enough for this contribution to DCS.

Take care and relax from time to time.

Regards,

Shagrat

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

As much as you getting back into MOOSE and the community again, is appreciated, I have a feeling you put a lot of time into this project.

The videos, the demo missions, everything. Do not spend all private time on this. Family and health is important, in fact, far more important than anything. It's a hobby after all. ;)

Just to let you know I've taken the first steps with MOOSE and it is a fantastic toolset for dynamic missions and opens a whole new world of options for mission building.

Regards,

Shagrat

Hi Shagrat.

I thank you for your message.

There is not much I need to add to it.

You are a nice person.

And by the way. Many people active on this forum could evaluate the underlying message of your mail also, for themselves.

Let me send you a PM.

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Regards,

Shagrat

I can only second that

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

OK. 3 days (moving) and I can really dig into MOOSE. I have been watching the new videos, but have not read the various instructions recently. I read the original stuff a while back but it went right over my head. So with that said, a stupid question and a couple observations.

Stupid question. If I want various "parts" of MOOSE in a mission do I just copy and paste those bits into a single big script file or does each thing need to be its own file with multiple different 'do script file' triggers at the start?

Observations: FlightControl you are obviously a really smart guy. This thing you've made seems hella cool. However, the first "tutorials" you put out were....... well... cruddy, at dumbing it down for the not smart at this stuff guys... like me. :) I really wanted to use it but couldn't quite get a handle on it based on your explanations.

I say the above because, wow man, big leaps and bounds recently with your videos. It's starting to click for me. The side by side script file and ME window, huge thumbs up. Please, please, please keep up the "if you want x, then do y, let me show you" format. If you want to explain the genius of your system, make a separate video. In the tutorial videos KISS. I know they're working for me and I'll bet they are drawing other mission builders with a tentative grasp on scripting to your system.

That ended up being long. Sorry. In case it didn't come across... all the above was just a big compliment. :)

Can't wait to start using this now. Keep up the good work. Thanks much!

Sage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

snip

I've been having the same trouble getting onto the ground floor. I think bringing it down to our level is something he's going to try-

I did have some correspondence with him and I think he knows how to bring us in.

Depending on how busy he is we might see a video on the subject soon!

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Today is weekend. Horse riding at 14.30 with the kids.

Tomorrow violin lessons and a concert from my 3nd daughter, who is 10 :-)

I like to cook. I'll enjoy making waffles this afternoon.

The next time I'll be looking into moose videos is Monday or Tuesday.

Hope you can wait till then... Will make some videos to get the starters on board.

And redo the videos to get the environment setup, completely with tools et all.

Thank you really for the nice messages and appreciation.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Today is weekend. Horse riding at 14.30 with the kids.

Tomorrow violin lessons and a concert from my 3nd daughter, who is 10 :-)

I like to cook. I'll enjoy making waffles this afternoon.

The next time I'll be looking into moose videos is Monday or Tuesday.

Hope you can wait till then... Will make some videos to get the starters on board.

And redo the videos to get the environment setup, completely with tools et all.

Thank you really for the nice messages and appreciation.

Sven

In the meanwhile, click this link:

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/

Browse to the section"MISSION DESIGN WITH MOOSE".

This may help you.

Fc

[/TABLE]

I must have been living under a rock! I was just thinking about building a DCS mission that could run perpetually with a high degree of replayability with minimal creation time and effort. Looks like this is it!

Great work Flight Control! I look forward to learning and mastering this.

I must have been living under a rock! I was just thinking about building a DCS mission that could run perpetually with a high degree of replayability with minimal creation time and effort. Looks like this is it!

Great work Flight Control! I look forward to learning and mastering this.

I'm just getting into it and built a small mission that has AI spawning forever and patrolling zones randomly. I have posted it to the missions area but its not approved as of yet. Once it is will make a post in the forums.

Only took about 15 lines of code once I looked at some of the samples etc. And I never wrote anything with LUA before or really created much of anything in the mission editor.

There is a lot of activity and help on the Slack channels. FlightControl will invite you in if he hasn't already.

yeah -ive been loving what im seeing with moose... is there any possibility the framework can support dropping beacons like ctts?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

yeah -ive been loving what im seeing with moose... is there any possibility the framework can support dropping beacons like ctts?

Ehh... Syntax error... %$#@!?...

Just kidding ...

What do you mean with ctts? Maybe elaborate a bit.

[/TABLE]

ctts is the Complete Troop Transport Script by geloxo ... it is a very popular script being used by many of the helicopter mission designers as it allows for the simulated transporation and pickup of troops by helo along with the associated F10 menu commands. It can also allow clients to drop beacons and build forward site units like SAM sites and outposts by transporting crates. Although i know MOOSE has some great board/unboard abilities within, I am unsure how to expand this transportation to mimic the wider funtionality of CTTS yet in terms of the beacons etc.

another neat function of CTTS is that the dropped infantry will seek out the enemy i believe. I think this could be achieved with moose by transporting and then using the patrol zone capabiliities but im unsure yet..

i am super looking forward to the setup videos to get my eclipse setup finally all squared away (im stuck at that add DCS to the build part :) ) as soon as i get past that, i'll start playing with LDT and the test missions you provided.

great stuff FC!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

i am super looking forward to the setup videos to get my eclipse setup finally all squared away (im stuck at that add DCS to the build part :) ) as soon as i get past that, i'll start playing with LDT and the test missions you provided.

great stuff FC!

This is where I'm at with it too. I got eclipse (neon 2?) loaded- I think that's what we needed? Or no?

I downloaded the whole moose master folder from github- not sure if that was right (sorry, not really familiar with it).

I'm not sure what file needs to be loaded in eclipse... from there I can see the various missions that help you add what content you want. I know FC is busy today- maybe someone else can weigh in?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

This is where I'm at with it too. I got eclipse (neon 2?) loaded- I think that's what we needed? Or no?

I downloaded the whole moose master folder from github- not sure if that was right (sorry, not really familiar with it).

I'm not sure what file needs to be loaded in eclipse... from there I can see the various missions that help you add what content you want. I know FC is busy today- maybe someone else can weigh in?

yup - you are right on track - there is a youtube development tools setup video that FC did that walks through setting up eclipse/logedit/github etc... from what i see on git, there is a plan to get a new develpment environment setup video up real soon to help us new folks get up and running... some of the framework file structure is not the same as what was in the tutorial vid anymore so i think it stumbled a few of us up...

i am really looking forward to it now that i have watched his demonstration videos.