DCS framerates...

Extranajero

I have just upgraded my PC and finally downloaded DCS World.

Oh boy, it's not exactly frame rate friendly for users of older computers is it ? :(

Since I went from my old motherboard to the new one, plus a new video card Flaming Cliffs 2 has gone from 25 fps to about 60 fps.

DCS World ( which I didn't even attempt to run before ) is about 20 fps.

This isn't a complaint, more of an observation ;)

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

You should be getting substantially better FPS. What are your pc specs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

You should be getting substantially better FPS. What are your pc specs?

It all depends on the specs of his old computer vs new and what his settings were. Maybe with the new computer he moved some of them higher.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Depends on components and configuration. My rig is fairly "mature" with a low to mid range video card and I think I'm getting at least 30 fps in single player mode. I can't be sure because I can't get the fps display keyboard command to work.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

Spec of my previous PC :- Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.3mhz Geforce 9500

Spec of my new PC :- AMD quad core, not sure of clock speed - 3 point something mhz ? Geforce GT740

I haven't tweaked DCS or Flaming Cliffs graphics settings, they are at the default.

I'd like to stress again that this isn't a moan. DCS is what it is - I'm just glad someone is making realistic flight sims at all.

I didn't know that...but it wouldn't have changed anything for me really because the motherboard and CPU were a gift from a mate. I couldn't afford the upgrade otherwise.

I hope DCS 2.0 will run better on my system...maybe I'll be in luck for once :D

I really shouldn't stray from the home cockpit section of the forum, every time I do I prove that I am an idiot... :D

Just ran DCS again, checked the options and shadows default to high. I may be an idiot but even I know that shadows kill frame rates...

I'll check out any improvement later...

Please take a look:

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+750/review

Your GPU isn't the burner and is and will be your bottleneck.

AMD CPU's are not as powerfull as the intel CPUs but, as others had said already, AMD GPU are more a "not so good go" with the current engine. But u use a nVidia GPU so that's not the current problem.

I hate too say it, but don't expect a big or any FPS gain with DCS 2.0.

I expect for the low end GPU cards a lost of FPS. Not enough GPU bandwith and not enough GPU RAM to handle the new textures, even you went to low res textures.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Well, the shadows turned to low made a big difference. Maybe not enough of one once there are explosions and stuff happening - I'll search out a guide to FPS performance and get tweaking.

I didn't realise that DCS World came with a free Mustang trainer as well, nice one ED :D

Well, I am utterly mystified.

I now have 30 fps from DCS World under every circumstance, as smooth as hell with adaptive sync at half.

If I change the adaptive sync to the same frequency as the monitor, it varies from between 45 to being capped at 60, depending on my height AGL and if I have the TV on or not. It isn't as smooth, but I'm not complaining.

I have NO idea how I ended up making this happen, I have just been messing around with various settings in the game options and the NVIDIA control panel.

Maybe it's because I set most of the video card options to " application controlled " after reading something about that ?

• 1 month later...
It is highly recommended to use application controlled for 3d settings with DCS, despite what others may say.

I'm not sure there'a a chance to manage Anisotropic Filtering by DCS setting and using AF application controlled in GPU panel does not produce a nice graphic in the game!