SU-27 intercepts Orion Video

jcbak

It's real. It just doesn't have PoAF's seal of approval because it was leaked. This video was all over the news here, and someone will pay for the leak that's for sure.

For those who haven't been watching the news, PoAf was the leading airforce for the fall 2014 Baltic air policing mission.

It followed a series of intercepts off the coasts of both Russia And Portugal involving F-16's Tu-95's and a plethora of Russian fighters and surveillance aircraft. A lone P-3 was sent to the Baltic in early November as a response to the VVS pair of Tu-95's that entered Lisbon international landing pattern with their transponders switched off in late October which was considered an hostile act. There was another incursion off the Portuguese coast just a few days earlier.

That P-3 was intercepted multiple times. Our pilots have a huge photo collection of Russian aircraft. :)

national news:

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?article=799598&tm=8&layout=122&visual=61

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

lol

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What an incredibly beautiful aircraft.

Interesting how in the IR version it looked to me as if the Su-27 was breaking away with full burner but in the visible spectrum it looks like mil power.

If this is a fake, it's a damn well made one, looks mighty real to me. Definitely way beyond DCS level fake, even thought the DCS Su-27 already looks fantastic.

Looks fake, but nicely done.

Looks mighty real to me.

Aliasing problems on the rendered sukhoi

A moiré pattern is not an indication that it was rendered. Spatial aliasing can happen perfectly well in normal movies of RL scenes.

Although i find it much more likely that this is an effect of bad video compression.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What's more shocking is the fact that -- if this is real -- they're still not using R-77s these days... :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

What that russian pilot did there in the video..I've seen it sooo many times before..instead of blasting that Orion out of the sky, he decided to get close and fly some formation. He was probably warned by the admin and perhaps even kicked out of server for fooling around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I think it is fake as well... Can't put my finger on exactly why, but it doesn't look natural.. (and REALLY splitting hairs here, but not quite natural..)

Pretty cool that the state of DCS is at the point that we DO debate whether footage like this is real or not... And DCS is only going to get better moving forward...

Pretty sweet

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Pretty cool that the state of DCS is at the point that we DO debate whether footage like this is real or not... And DCS is only going to get better moving forward...

I am not entirely sure if it is real or not (though looks quit real to me), but I am pretty sure that this isn't from DCS. If it is fake, it might be rendered some way else, but I am sure it is not from DCS.

EDIT: Also wondering how some conclude that the IR signature of the after-burning aircraft is wrong. At 2:01 the afterburner look like the hottest thing on the bird. Else is shown as not so hot or cold. As you would expect.

Edited by xxJohnxx

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Doesn't look fake to me, few people who haven't seen stabilized high power thermal imaging systems in an aircraft would know where and when they would see thermal lens flare effects to fake it. It wouldn't take much of an increase in the Su-27's throttle to really spike the heat signature as seen from the FLIR camera on that plane.

Matches up nicely with the FLIR imager watching the Paris Airshow.

After some research I'm guessing the imaging system is an export downgraded version of the FLIR SAFIRE http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/CVS/Markets/Legacy/Documents/Sea%20Star%20SAFIRE%20II.pdf

Video demonstration of SAFIRE family matches image from P3:

Edited by Invader ZIM
  • Like 1