SU-27 intercepts Orion Video

jcbak

U guys unbelievable, this is why some people think the moon landing was a hoax as well. :lol:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Doesn't look fake to me,

Matches up nicely with the FLIR imager watching the Paris Airshow.

Point well taken; I agree.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Need to tell the P-3 maintenance crew that the thermal camera on that plane has a bad pixel down and to the right of the crosshairs. It's not a dead pixel, because it's reacting to the various heat sources that pass over that pixel, but they are reacting out of spec from the rest of the non uniforimity calibrated Focal Planar Array.

A nearest neighbor algorithm will fix it though, or an additional offset correction map of the FPA.

Edited by Invader ZIM

Looks fake, but nicely done. Aliasing problems on the rendered sukhoi, unnaturally mechanical head movement of the pilot, IR signature of the Sukhoi's engines appearing and disappearing inexplicably...

The footage from 1:52 to 1:56 might have been shot with a non-IR camera, you know...

Whatever it is...the flanker is one sexy beast. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The footage from 1:52 to 1:56 might have been shot with a non-IR camera, you know...

You're correct, it was. Specifically it was probably the CCTV Spotter scope on the gimball set to monochrome, the spotter has a very narrow field of view, but great magnification as you can see how close up the plane appears as the gimball operator switches between the other cameras in the mount, such as the Mid wave thermal and color CCTV modes.

Edited by Invader ZIM

Doesn't look fake to me... at around 3:06m I think you can see the engine underside openings flapping, which they do in real aircraft when slow and at high AoA........ aaaaaand DCS doesn't have this effect on the 3D model so it can't be DCS :D

No longer active in DCS...

I'm also willing to bet it's no fake, fakes never are so mundane, they always are completely over the top. Also every tiniest detail feels right, the slew of the camera, the details on the 27 as Kucky pointed out, all tending to confirm it's real.

Cool vid in any case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It looks better watching it in HD, but there is still something a little off to me.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED