What's the easiest way to display panel on a touch screen?

Can someone please tell me the easiest way to get a panel like the CDU onto a touch screen display. Why does something like this appear to be so complicated? Can someone tell me the easiest way even though I wouldn't say I was a dummy when it comes to using a computer? I hate having to keep using trackir for the CDU.

Also, does it cause massive lagg putting a panel like the CDU on a different screen? I was hoping to get quite a big touch screen. Thanks!

Helios.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I just need a touch screen now, but I could do with some advice on this please. I was looking at getting the 10" lilliput touch screen, but I've also seen a 23" Acer one I like. I'm just wondering, if I opted for a bigger touch screen if I would increase lagg in DCS with it been a bigger screen? I'm only planning to put the A10C CDU panel on it for now.

Does the lagg only occur the more panels you put on the touch screen, or does a bigger screen size also cause lagg? Thanks!

For DCS you need to configure a virtual display where all you monitors fit in. So if you have a 1920x1080 monitor and a 1024x768 touch screen, your virtual display in DCS would be 2944x1080 (the better choice) or 1920x1848 pixels. The more pixels you have the slower DCS will become.

Important in this equotation is that the grafics on the touchscreen are driven by the grafics card and not via USB and a virtual display driver.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I have an Acer 23 touchscreen in my present cockpit. It works quite wll with Helios. My recommendation would be to go as large as you can afford. There are some nice profiles already made up that you can download. If you spend some time in the cockpit builders section you can find all sorts of interesting ways of doing what you want. There is the iPad CDU screen as well. Pick up a used first gen iPad and download the CDU app for it.

And then there is DCS-BIOS. Build a real CDU and use DCS-BIOS to extract the CDU text so you can put it on the 3.5" screen.

Check out the threads on exporting the CDU to another screen. Peters Multi Monitors for Dummies write up is a good place to start. There's lots of info here. Just spend some time using the search function. You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you will find.:)

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

For DCS you need to configure a virtual display where all you monitors fit in. So if you have a 1920x1080 monitor and a 1024x768 touch screen, your virtual display in DCS would be 2944x1080 (the better choice) or 1920x1848 pixels. The more pixels you have the slower DCS will become.

Important in this equotation is that the grafics on the touchscreen are driven by the grafics card and not via USB and a virtual display driver.

When you say I need to configure a virtual display what do you mean by this? In the link I have posted below the guy doesn't say anything about setting up a virtual screen. All he shows you is how to get the CDU working with the helios program. Does helios actually set this virtual screen up for you or not? Please watch the youtube video I have posted below just to confirm this is all I need to do. Thanks!

Also, when you say not use a usb for the touchscreen I'm a bit confused. The lillieput 10" screen I was looking at uses a usb port and also has a graphics card I believe. So, how do I connect it if not connecting via Usb? And by graphics card, do you mean to have it use the my computer graphics card and not the lilliput one? Are you saying I need to get a touch screen that uses hdmi or dvi for the best results? I also posted the link to the lilliput touch screen I was looking at. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lilliput-UM1010T-Monitor-USB-powered-Screen/dp/B003DPOMAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422470528&sr=8-1&keywords=lilliput+10"+screen

Edited by Dudester22