Any chance of getting arrestor hook on F-86

SFC Tako

I know it's not historically correct, but I'd love to know if anyone knows how to get a hook on the F-86? Fake/simulated will be just fine, it doesn't have to show on the model. I'm not a very serious pilot, but I am thinking seriously about doing a Navy campaign for the F-86. I mean, there's not a Panther coming up soon and there's no chance of an F-4 in the close future...Skyhawk? Forget about it :mad:

But what if somebody could produce a fake arrestor hook? Could be used for launch as well. My general idea would be to rev up the engine to the max and then just retract the hook and fly off into the sunset ;)

Here's why I've gotten these messed up ideas ;)

SemiPro can land on a carrier

Edited by SFC Tako

Well, I'll keep it semi-serious...gonna try out a few more landings and see if there's any way I can fool the system or I could establish some messed up "doctrine" for carrier ops with the Sabre (like if I can pull this off five times in a row - then anyone else can learn it).

What I first started out with was a moving trigger zone on the aircraft carrier with "under this altitude but over this altitude, slower than" and then an automatic stop of the mission.

BUT THAT AIN'T NO LANDING! That's just being lazy.

Anyways, I'll keep y'all posted on this not so serious endevour ;)

Edited by SFC Tako

...there's no chance of an F-4 in the close future...Skyhawk? Forget about it :mad: ...

says who??? VEAO said they would not do an F-4 because of financial reasons, that does not mean that Belsimtek or LNS or even ED is not doing one.

As for the A-4, I have not heard of any reasons as to why someone would not make one.

anyways, nice idea for a carrier based F-86 :) (i love the comment about the 100kts headwind!)

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I know it's not historically correct, but I'd love to know if anyone knows how to get a hook on the F-86?

Can't help with the request, but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_FJ-2/-3_Fury

That is something Belsimtek (or someone) could actually make officially.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Hook us up?
:megalol:

And yeah, how much effort is it to put a hook on it? I'd pay good money for that! It could be a pay-for-add-on or something like that. Just think about it, it's easy money - right there!

Toko-Ri, here we come!

EDIT: We'd also need the ability to start a mission from a carrier and communicate with it over the radio :)

Now y'all watch and learn

US Navy Training film

Edited by SFC Tako

I need to update on this - made a guide and summon to all Sabre pilots out there :)

Basically, my wishlist:

1. Hook! (must-have)

As of now I have an unsteady plane when on the carrier deck which in turn gives me hardly any service at all from ground crew. I've managed to get some gas a few times but never a full "fill'er up" and never a repair or re-arming.

2. Radio frequencies to Carriers (nice-have)

Wouldn't it be great? That way the aircraft carriers would be like floating airbases!

3. Ability to start missions from deck of a carrier (must-have if you want the right feel)

And that's all!

I'd like to announce that I'd pay top dollar for a hook! :pilotfly: