Recon Mission

A new recon mission has just be submitted. You can find it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1251533/

This recon mission is nice because there is a 91 percent chance that the recon target will be in a new location each time you play. You also have to report via radio that you have located the target. I got sick of playing "recon" missions where all I did was fly through a waypoint and "spotted" my target.

Extra hard difficulty enabled if you try to make a false report ;).

There are six aircraft by default. You can change the aircraft in the mission editor. It is really easy to change aircraft. Just go to ME, open the mission, click on a blue icon at the starting airfield, look on the right hand side and you will see the country and aircraft names (among other information). Select any country except Germany, Italy, or Russia, then choose the aircraft you want.

However, the six that I have provided should cover all the modern aircraft modules.

I tried it twice as an Mi-8 Hip for blue team.

The first time i did it, something weird happened. It spawned me in at the FARP but I was either in the air with my engines off or not on the FARP at all. The moment I got into the cockpit, my helo blew up, and an AI was designated as MY player name, but I could not control it through any normal means.

I reloaded the mission and my helo was ok, but number 2 in my wing had the instant destruction thing happen. 3 and 4 were ok, but I did notice I could not arm myself to take out the helos and ground units along the way to the recon areas. Instead, I simply avoided combat and stuck to the recon parameters.

I must have lucked out, I found what I was looking for somewhat easy and completed the recon.

Very nice little mission. I may try it again later today with the Su-25T or something else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

Whoops, I was supposed to remove those helicopters. They were not supposed to be part of the recon mission. I apologize for that one. I suggest you try it with a fixed wing. The reason that was happening was because there are 12 helicopters total on 1 FARP.

I had moved those helicopters there from a previous mission but I forgot to disable them.

I have updated both missions. The recon one no longer supports the helicopters and I ensured that the rearming problem was not present in the immediate support mission. Thank you.

Edited by solidusbucket

Spelling errors:

"You may complete your mission by landing at Besian Airfield"

"support the operation by destroying targets of oppurtunity\"

If this is the follow up of the mission "Request_Immediate_Support" then you should name the missions with

prefixis such as

Solidus_01_Request_Immediate_Support.miz

Solidus_02_MSN_2_-_53_-_Recon_-_W_56_61_71__L_51.miz

Would be nice to have some professional ATC chatter (soundfiles) during rampstart for example.

Current briefing infos are what i would expect from a briefing: estimated target position, estimated qty, estimated type of threat, bullseye position etc. Good.

What i am missing are basic infos of other friendly activities during briefing.

What is the flight plan of Su27 air recon in Mission 1 for expl.

But i can simulate the info whit the F10-Map with friendly only view.

Mission 1 has no realistic weather data.

Thank you for your feedback. I will address these issues.

I will be adding sound files to the two missions. I will look into ATC jargon and lingo, but chances are ill just throw my own random stuff in there. Thank you for the suggestions.

I did not understand what you meant by other friendly activities. I thought I included all relevant data pertaining to friendlies in the area for both missions.

Edited by solidusbucket