VKB Gladiator WWII joystick

Sokol1_br

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the MCG Pro grip be available in the EU shop? I bought the Gladiator MKII Pro specifically because I thought I would be able to buy the grip for it.

Would be funny if no.

The container was due to sail out before CNY but got stuck in the port.

Now we expect it'll leave within a week. Add ~40 days at sea. So somewhere early April probably it will be there.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Would be funny if no.

The container was due to sail out before CNY but got stuck in the port.

Now we expect it'll leave within a week. Add ~40 days at sea. So somewhere early April probably it will be there.

Just to clarify, MCG will be available with the gunfighter or with the gladiator base (or both)?

I also hope that I dont have to buy the other grips if I only want the MCG.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While that extended Gladiator base looks nice, I hope they won't go with that (or anything similar). The throttle and stick really need to be separate devices. And each should be usable on its own (so without requiring the other).

I concur 100%. My joystick mount is between my knees in my sim cockpit (no comments, please... :) ) and my throttle device is mounted off my left hand/arm, both where they would normally be in a HOTAS configuration.

While a device like the one shown in this thread would be nice for a desktop simulator, there's no way I could use it in a semi-authentic cockpit.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

I concur 100%. My joystick mount is between my knees in my sim cockpit (no comments, please... :) ) and my throttle device is mounted off my left hand/arm, both where they would normally be in a HOTAS configuration.

While a device like the one shown in this thread would be nice for a desktop simulator, there's no way I could use it in a semi-authentic cockpit.

Fully agree, once I went with an extended center mount for the Joystick and throttle mount for my Warthog throttle just to the left, I could never go back to a desk top style configuration.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I guess this depends on market and price range target.

This multi axes "console" (Gl Plus mock-up) seems optimized for 'WW2' planes - probable based on IL-2:Bo'X and WT planes needs.

The guys who want an HOTAS already have "plenty" options.

But the guy that want a affordable, non space or specific mounts demanding, basically has T.16000M FCS&TWCS or X-52 as option in a price range in what this new product probable will fit.

I too don't like this "console" format, but a all-in-one format helps is cut manufacture price.

Although a good features product, with all units produced sold easily, Gladiator (vanilla) has high price for a "entry-level" joystick - costing ~60% more that their direct concurrent (T.16KM).

And despite Gladiator 3 buttons grip result more functional than T.16KM 4 buttons grip,

vir'pilots "tunnel vision" consider that the last has "tons of buttons" more - in fact has ONE more on grip

and the same number (16) counting grin and base. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br
type

• 4 weeks later...

Basically is: MCG plus adapter to use in Gladiator "vanilla" base - for people that already own this stick will be available, one time once, in "April".

Meanwhile the latest units of Gladiator Mk. II that remain in stock, will go on sale, as this model is no longer produced.

So if you want Gladiator "vanilla" + MCG and their adapter - already own"vanilla" and want only the adapter, need be "triggerhappy" when they appear on sales. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

So...I own a Gladiator MkII and would like an upgrade path to one of the MCG's. If I purchase the VKB-Sim Gladiator Upgrade Kit Lite, that will work?

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

Yes, see: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-gladiator-upgrade-kit-lite

Probable you will loose the "twist rudder" of Gladiator - but latter can use the new "twist rudder" for MCG grips.

Excellent news. I don't use the twist on the Glad MkII anyway, so no loss.

Will it be straightforward to swap from the MCG back to the original Gladiator MkII grip, for going from modern to WWII aircraft?

I think no, because this new metal axis pole allow you easy fit the MCG grip - the upper part seems have a 3 pin connector that match MCG grip connector.

So is just matter of plug MCG grip and tight the Allen screw in grip base.

But not the KG12 grip, this model rely on their plastic pole that fit inside the grip and has not plug for easy fit, unless you DIY this part.

The kit is for allow install MCG on Gladiator "vanilla", not for swap an grip not done for this - you need get an swappable KG-12A:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=gunfighter-3-pin-rev-b-kg12-series

EDIT - Probable are several swappable KG-12A laying around, that came in Gladiator PRO and Gunfighter but owners upgrade for MCG's, don't know if are compatible with Gladiator MK.II "vanilla" base, firmware in grip and/or base can be different.

Edited by Sokol1_br
add