Getting minizip to work

MBot

I am trying to open and re-pack mission files in a LUA for windows environment (outside the game, not in the SSE). The mission editor seems to utilize minizip to handle mission files, so I hoped to use it as well. I have found the lua-minizip.dll and the various functions used by the ME, but I cannot get it to work under windows.

First I am confused how minizip is loaded by the DCS ME. The script files use require('minizip'), but there is no minizip.lua or minizip.dll to be loaded anywhere.

When I use require('lua-minizip') instead it goes ahead (since there is a dll is called lua-minizip.dll), but the script immediately fails with the error message that the dll is no valid Win32 application.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

check pm :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Thanks for your help guys!

I originally wanted to create a standalone exe using srlua, but this would have been based on the LUA for windows interpreter which seems to be 32 bit. What I did now was to place my scripts in a new sub-folder under DCS World and add a bat file which runs everything by the LUA interpreter provided by DCS. Access to minizip functions achieved :)

• 7 years later...
On 2/8/2015 at 1:46 AM, chromium said:

check pm 🙂

Hi,

I'm reviving this topic as I'm stuck and also wanting to get minizip to work. It seems like the answer may have been provided via a PM?  I was wondering if someone can please help me out too?

My issue is that if I use either:

local minizip				= require("lua- minizip")
local zipFile = minizip.unzOpen(Zipfile, MyPath)

or

local minizip				= require("minizip")
local zipFile = minizip.unzOpen(Zipfile, MyPath)

I get the error 

attempt to call global 'require' (a nil value)

I don't know if it makes any difference but this is being ran outside of the mission itself (I call dofile from within the mission editor to run the file).

Thank

DZ

Sorry I don't have experience on editing the mission editor.

To see something about minizip try to check in DSMC mod, SAVE.lua file.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

On 2/7/2015 at 2:18 PM, MBot said:

I am trying to open and re-pack mission files in a LUA for windows environment (outside the game, not in the SSE). The mission editor seems to utilize minizip to handle mission files, so I hoped to use it as well. I have found the lua-minizip.dll and the various functions used by the ME, but I cannot get it to work under windows.

First I am confused how minizip is loaded by the DCS ME. The script files use require('minizip'), but there is no minizip.lua or minizip.dll to be loaded anywhere.

When I use require('lua-minizip') instead it goes ahead (since there is a dll is called lua-minizip.dll), but the script immediately fails with the error message that the dll is no valid Win32 application.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

I use 7z to handle doing this very thing

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.