F-15C Flight Qualification Campaign

Quick Link Reference:

We have a blog: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

=== Basic Flight Training Qualification ===

Similar to our successful A-10A and A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaigns we have released a version for the F-15C.

This campaign has many improvements including updated graphics, additional voice overs and improved feedback results. Many of the enhancements are being propagated back to the A-10C campaign and we hope to release the updated version soon.

Basic Flight Training Qualification - 12 mission Campaign covering qualifications for Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

Basic Flight Training Qualification Practice Missions - 13 single player missions to help prepare for the Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ) campaign.

OpenBeta Version for DCS World 1.5: Basic Flight Training Qualification - 12 mission Campaign covering qualifications for Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

Basic Flight Training Qualification Documentation - Provides Mission Data Cards, Maps and Diagrams for all 12 missions of the campaign.

Basic Flight Training Qualification Documentation 2 - Provides User Bars, Badges and Certificates for the Campaign.

The F-15C Pilot Qualification Course has the following phases

Phase 1: Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training

Phase 2: Basic Flight Training Qualification

Phase 3: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification

Phase 1 gives you Initial Qualification Training (IQT) and is a pre-requisite for Phase 2. Hopefully you have completed Phase 1 and are familiar with the F-15C aircraft systems and instruments. If not, please read the F-15C Flight Manual before continuing.

Phase 2 gives you Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

It is a pre-requisite for Phase 3. It is recommended that you complete this phase before proceeding to Phase 3.

Phase 3 makes you Basic Mission Capable (BMC). It is a pre-requisite for Phase 4.

Phase 4 makes you Combat Mission Ready (CMR). This is necessary before proceeding on any real combat missions.

Phase 2 - Basic Flight Training Qualification contains:

Contact Stage (VFR):

1. Perform Ground Handling

2. Perform Take-Off and EFATO

3. Fly Traffic Pattern

4. Perform Approach and Landing

5. Perform Basic Maneuvers

6. Perform Advanced Handling

7. Perform Aerobatics

8. Respond to Emergencies

Instrument / Navigation Stage (IFR):

9. Instrument Approach (Landing)

10. Instrument Flight Plan Navigation

Formation Stage:

11. Fly 2 Ship as Wingman

Low-Level Stage

12. Fly Low-Level Flight Plan

This is a payware campaign that requires the purchase of a mission key to install.

More details can be found at our website here.

We hope you enjoy it and please provide any question, issues or other feedback to this thread.

Thanks.

Edited by Sabre-TLA
  • Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCE Classified" stands for "Operation Chosen Eagle Classified"?

i think airway flightlevels should be coordinated with international VFR Cruising Flight levels.

For example TC Tango with 260° heading are forced to fly at FL130-FL140.

According to international rules a flight in VFR-Mode with heading 80° (opposite of 260°!) could choose FL135 for his cruising and is therefor on collision course with Airway "TC Tango".

• Like 1

Good point.

You should assume that because this is a military operation that commercial flights would be restricted from flying in the Military Operations Area and be diverted around it.

I won't deny that if ED decides to put commercial traffic into the game engine at some future point that they won't get the memo and collisions could occur.

Best to keep your head out of the cockpit most of the time. :thumbup:

Sorry it's a simulated engine failure (yes in a simulation) so you need to manually shut it down.

The FE says:

"Your EFATO test starts now.

Shutdown your right engine and make a controlled landing back at Batumi.

The Hard Deck Restriction is terminated."

Since it's only the 2nd mission we felt the user should be in control of the engine. Later in BFT08 - Emergencies you will get to deal with a real (simulated) engine problem.

The FE says:

"Your EFATO test starts now.

Shutdown your right engine and make a controlled landing back at Batumi.

The Hard Deck Restriction is terminated."

I´ve tried the mission several times. Now I´ve initiated the trigger, and yes, now I know that it is a "simulated" engine failure.

Obviously it is important to fly a tight curve from heading 300 to 060, otherwise it is possible that somebody misses the trigger.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Yes it is possible to miss the zone. It's an 8000 radius zone so pretty big currently but I can make it bigger to ensure you hit it if you are heading in the general direction.

From what I can tell you will miss it if you fly at less than a 40 degree heading. If you fly at 40 or more to the right then you will hit it.

This is a combat jet so think combat turns. You want to get on heading as quickly as possible.

The FE will get upset if you take your time to follow his orders. He might stop responding all together. :smilewink:

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. This is Version 1.0 so we do expect to make changes based on user feedback.

I checked all the missions and BFT02 was the only one with the static collision (another item to add to our pre-deployment checklist).

I've fixed that, plus increased the size of the trigger zone to make it easier to hit.

I'll provide an updated package from our google drive later today then submit the update for ED's review.

BFT03: The (real life) military traffic-pattern-altitude is in my opinion 1000 - 1200 feet AGL. In BFT03 it is 2500 feet ASL. With this altitude in base-leg / final approach it is nearly impossible to land smoothly since the distance to the threshold is not very far.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Thanks Lino.

BFT03: The (real life) military traffic-pattern-altitude is in my opinion 1000 - 1200 feet AGL. In BFT03 it is 2500 feet ASL. With this altitude in base-leg / final approach it is nearly impossible to land smoothly since the distance to the threshold is not very far.

I agree and chart references show Batumi Traffic Pattern at 1105 feet however when we originally created the mission we were basing it on this information:

Pattern altitudes vary depending on the airbase and local conditions, but are generally between 2,000-3,000 ft. AGL (Above Ground Level).
from this link: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/video/wh-training-new/aircraft-operation-part-2/ search for "pattern".

I can lower it in a future update. If anyone has a reference of the actual traffic pattern at Batumi we could use that too.

In the mission you do depart the pattern to make a normal landing after a circuit.

We have an update to correct the issue reported in BFT02.

You can download the updated packaged from our google drive here.

To install, first uninstall the current package and reinstall the updated package. The uninstaller can be found under the start menu: All Programs;MapleFlagMissions;DCS World;DCS F-15C;Campaigns;Basic Flight Training Qualification

Your mission key will work with the updated package (and all future updated packages).

Also your campaign progress will be preserved as it is stored in your logbook and not effected by the change in mission versions.

If anyone has any problems please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick update. May I assume if I downloaded BFT missions from the DCS web site yesterday that they are up to date?

Also, with regard to traffic pattern altitudes, I found this in AIM section 4-3-3:

4-3-3. Traffic Patterns

a. At most airports and military air bases, traffic pattern altitudes for propeller-driven aircraft generally extend from 600 feet to as high as 1,500 feet above the ground. Also, traffic pattern altitudes for military turbojet aircraft sometimes extend up to 2,500 feet above the ground. Therefore, pilots of en route aircraft should be constantly on the alert for other aircraft in traffic patterns and avoid these areas whenever possible. Traffic pattern altitudes should be maintained unless otherwise required by the applicable distance from cloud criteria (14 CFR Section 91.155).

And this USAF publication references 1000 and 1500 ft. VFR traffic patterns.

Thanks.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

Yes V1.1 is the latest update.

Thanks for the doc reference. It says the following:

12.3.1. Rectangular pattern: 1,000 feet above highest field elevation (1,500 feet if a lower altitude causes a noise problem).

So does anyone know what the highest field elevation value would be for Batumi?

Since the pattern we designed is flying over the city the noise problem would come into effect so I believe the correct VFR pattern altitude would be 1,500' + the highest field elevation value?

The mission editor shows 33 meters on the runway but would that be considered the highest field elevation?

If we use that then we have 33 m converted to feet is 108 + 1500 gives us 1608 feet for the pattern.

Personally I think the 33 m highest elevation is too low as we would need to take in account buildings and other terrain within the pattern area.

Does anyone have any other data they can share?

Yes V1.1 is the latest update.

Thanks for the doc reference. It says the following:

Since the pattern we designed is flying over the city the noise problem would come into effect so I believe the correct VFR pattern altitude would be 1,500' + the highest field elevation value?

The mission editor shows 33 meters on the runway but would that be considered the highest field elevation?

If we use that then we have 33 m converted to feet is 108 + 1500 gives us 1608 feet for the pattern.

Personally I think the 33 m highest elevation is too low as we would need to take in account buildings and other terrain within the pattern area.

Does anyone have any other data they can share?

Not sure about creating a traffic pattern (ME noob here), but if you use waypoints, they do allow using either MSL or AGL. So couldn't you just use 1,500 AGL and that should be correct at least at that waypoint/steering point?

(Personally safety margin) my CFI, who shall remain nameless, taught me to add a 100 for wife and 100 for oldest daughter, which sometimes leaves me saying, "Yes I was a little hot, but at least I was long." :smilewink:

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

I think that I'm answering my own question here, but I suppose if in the ME you chose AGL, then there is no way to know beforehand what MSL is at that point, unless you have both working radar and barometric altimeters adjusted for atmospheric conditions (or GPS I suppose).

Edit: Actually, I searched my install folder for Batumi, and found the airport diagram, or Aerodrome Chart, and it shows 33 ft./10 m. as the elevation at both ends of the runway. So, 1533 MSL should be fine.

Edited by Chipwich

I can not believe that the altitude of a particular landing pattern of an airfield is calculated as accurately as you do it.

You know that the runway is 10 feet ASL - wich surely can be neglected!

You also know that military turbojet aircraft SOMETIMES EXTENT UP TO 2,500 feet. This is a value that is not fixed and can be changed. So in my opinion it is on you to define the flight altitude. Everything between 1,000 and 2,500 feet seems to be realistic.

And who knows what specific guidelines the russians have for runway patterns? Maybe they deviate significantly from your research in western military guidelines.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Yes. We have 2500' MSL as the current setting but would be good to know what the correct altitude should be.

2500' was our best guess based on the info we had available at the time. See previous post for the reference.

I'm thinking it's likely 1500' plus whatever the highest elevation point I can measure following the pattern circuit. I'll check the elevations on the map and our current pattern route and see what comes out of that.

Nope. You have to listen to the FE and your only valid landing for this mission is at the X airfield as per the mission briefing:

FE Instructs: "Now steer towards the Emergency Divert Airfield identified in the briefing and attempt to land on the runway."

There are no triggers at Kobuleti. Later on in BFT08 - Emergencies you can land at either the X airfield or Kobuleti.