F-15C Flight Qualification Campaign

Do you have new 1.5 beta version to missions? I'm using Beta, because F-15C is better in this than 1.5 stable.

About documentation, I understood this:

I have to keep two files that I installed previously and install this new version,

Thanks

Edited by Barao

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have new 1.5 beta version to missions? I'm using Beta, because F-15C is better in this than 1.5 stable.

About documentation, I understood this:

I have to keep two files that I installed previously and install this new version,

Thanks

OpenBeta version is available here.

Your existing campaign mission key should work with this version (it's the same content only the installer is setup to install to the OpenBeta path).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I'm testing this new file with 15 stable, The first mission (arrive) starts in Anapa, and not in Batumi.

Another problem, you change the name of the campaign to BFT qualification, before was Basic Flight Training Qualification. The problem with this is that we can't copy logbook between 1.5 Beta and 1.5 stable.

Edited by Barao

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

I'm testing this new file with 15 stable, The first mission (arrive) starts in Anapa, and not in Batumi.

Another problem, you change the name of the campaign to BFT qualification, before was Basic Flight Training Qualification. The problem with this is that we can't copy logbook between 1.5 Beta and 1.5 stable.

Thanks for reporting that. We just retested and updated the Arrival mission so it completes properly now (only in the released version at present - OpenBeta will be done later on).

We reduced the size of the name so it would fit properly within the window provided by the Game Engine. To fix your logbook just change / replace 'Basic Flight Training' with 'BFT' and that should work fine (use Notepad++ for any lua file editing).

I have problem only in Batumi. GPU and CPU are using less than 60% of its capacity (MSI afterburner). Even though I totally reduce the settings and the resolution the problem perciste.

In other locations, airports, etc, I don't have this problem.

Perhaps with the upcoming map upgrade this problem will be solved.

F15 Maple Flag

I need some help in understanding the Maple Flag, BFT Qualification missions for the F15. Several times I have come back, after a day or so, to the campaign only to be placed in missions I have already successfully completed. This last time, after about a week of playing, I was sent back to the very beginning. Does this campaign require one to do all training missions in one sitting? Can one select a mission out of order and do just that mission?

I need some help in understanding the Maple Flag, BFT Qualification missions for the F15. Several times I have come back, after a day or so, to the campaign only to be placed in missions I have already successfully completed. This last time, after about a week of playing, I was sent back to the very beginning. Does this campaign require one to do all training missions in one sitting? Can one select a mission out of order and do just that mission?

I've never heard of that. It sounds like your logbook is getting reset. You can play the missions individually by selecting the Mission Menu item and then changing the directory to the Campaign directory. All the campaign missions should be listed and you can play them as a single mission (no campaign progression however).

You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here (this example is for the A-10C but the F-15C would be similar):

["games"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the campaign number in your set

{

["created"] = "01/03/16 21:50:09",

["player"] = "Player Name",

["campaign"] = ".\\Mods\\aircraft\\A-10C\\Missions\\en\\Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp", <--- This is the campaign name

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the number of the first mission in the campaign and below is it's result

{

["datetime"] = "01/03/16 21:52:16",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 1,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 100,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT Arrival.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

[2] = <--- Look for the highest number in the set - this will be the next mission to launch

{

["stage"] = 13, <--- Change the stage to 1 more than the BFT mission number

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz", <--- Change the name of the mission

}, -- end of [2]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

Reply if you continue to have problems.

What are the requirements of this Qualification Campaign? Is it good for a new DCS user that have just read the F-15C manual?

DCS can be very intimidating to new users.

Many of the modules are considered "study" sims that require in depth knowledge and training to be able to make full use of them.

Our Qualification Campaigns are a set of missions to test your knowledge and techniques to operate the various aircraft or vehicles. They should be attempted after you have some knowledge and understanding of the aircraft or vehicle systems.

We recommend training in this order:

1. Read the DCS aircraft or vehicle manuals and review our Amplified Checklists provided with some of the Qualification Campaigns.

2. Watch the training videos and watch other videos that others have done.

3. Do some test flights or test missions of your own using the in game missions or Fast Mission Creator.

4. If practice missions are provided use them to get good at understanding what the Qualification missions will be like and what you need to do to pass.

Then when you feel ready, do the Qualification Campaigns to earn your Qualification.

In BFT08 we have a problem. When hydraulic failure starts, nothing can be done, the plane drops like a stone to 90° :(

In BFT08 we have a problem. When hydraulic failure starts, nothing can be done, the plane drops like a stone to 90° :(

I think they recently changed the hydraulic failure behavior of the F-15C in the latest update.

We will retest and see if we can work around it.

EDIT: Found the change log here: F-15. Hydraulic failure now lead to pressure drop and loss of control.

Looks like we won't be able to use that failure test anymore. Expect an update to the campaign to correct it soon.

EDIT2: We reproduced the issue and the F-15C is no longer flyable with hydraulics out. We have removed the failure so the mission would continue ok. Please download the updated copy here.

We also included a bug fix for an issue found in BFT10 - Instrument Flight Plan Navigation where a zone trigger could fire incorrectly if you happened to fly into the zone accidentally.

Your mission key and password can be used to install this updated package and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Thanks,

This change isn't correct, when we have a hydraulic failure, the pumps don't work, but the accumulators keeps the pressure for some time. Otherwise what would be the meaning of the accumulators?

And when the pressure is finish, the aircraft does not point the nose down (that would be crazy:cry:, hydraulics crashes occurs), what happens is that the controls begin to weigh.

Thanks,

This change isn't correct, when we have a hydraulic failure, the pumps don't work, but the accumulators keeps the pressure for some time. Otherwise what would be the meaning of the accumulators?

And when the pressure is finish, the aircraft does not point the nose down (that would be crazy:cry:, hydraulics crashes occurs), what happens is that the controls begin to weigh.

I agree. I think the previous behavior was correct and you could still fly the aircraft somewhat mimicking the reduced hydraulic pressure. Maybe ED will change their mind and reverse the change and we can put our failure test back in. For now we will have to ignore it since the plane is totally unflyable with the current behavior.

OpenBeta package has been updated. Download available here.

Additionally ED has approved our Practice Mission Package for the Campaign. This package provides 13 single player missions that have extra dialogue and hints and tips to help pass the qualification campaign missions. They will install into the single player mission folder so are accessed using the Mission menu.

You can download it here.

Your mission key and password can be used to install this updated package and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

Thanks for reporting that. We just retested and updated the Arrival mission so it completes properly now (only in the released version at present - OpenBeta will be done later on).

We reduced the size of the name so it would fit properly within the window provided by the Game Engine. To fix your logbook just change / replace 'Basic Flight Training' with 'BFT' and that should work fine (use Notepad++ for any lua file editing).

The only way is to start mission and after this copy the lines with progress from another logbook.

Thanks for the update on BFT08 - before checking this page I was forced to follow last instruction twice ! (If aicraft is no longer controllable - eject :) ) Fortunately my seat maintainers did perfect job ;-)

Edited by Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that I'm not mistaken, but in BFT09, after touch and go, when set course 300, the mission is terminated because the speed G limit was exceeded. But I was at 415 ~ 420 knots, straight and level at 7000 ft.

I think that I'm not mistaken, but in BFT09, after touch and go, when set course 300, the mission is terminated because the speed G limit was exceeded. But I was at 415 ~ 420 knots, straight and level at 7000 ft.

Try and stay at 420 or higher. We will recheck the triggers as it appears we may have the lower trigger set too high.