Suncom SFS and Talon restoration and mods

I have a F22PRO that can donate the shifter PCB (I dont like this "F-16" grip layout), but the postage cost here is expensive...

Why dont try find the chip on shifter register board and assemble some boards?

The PCB layout see simple, easy to copy.

FLCS has gears between gimbal and pots and I think that it is a problem.

Why not replace the pots with HALL sensor?

I have a F22PRO that can donate the shifter PCB (I dont like this "F-16" grip layout), but the postage cost here is expensive...

Why dont try find the chip on shifter register board and assemble some boards?

The PCB layout see simple, easy to copy.

Why not replace the pots with HALL sensor?

Pots are CH and are OK, problem is in gears. Gimbal in just not smooth as CH.

Any ideas for DIY grip mounts?

Pots are CH and are OK,

I hook these "famous" CH pots on BU0836A (Fighterstick base) and dont get impressed...

A DIY HALL sensor on CH Combastick base (more flimsy than Fighstersitck) work better.

Any ideas for DIY grip mounts?

You mean something like Cougar/Warthog/X-55 base collar for remove the grip?

Other than these with Gardena connectors I never see.

Edited by Sokol1_br

GVL224 make "matrix" board for Tm 'sticks - to replace the shifters.

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27265#27265

I am OK with matrix, I can do it myself, but I wanted shift registers because it is only 5 wires for all grips.

I still didn't find schematics for shift registers. I'll try to trace PCB myself.

Seems like it's very sensitive, and being that it's a button... The way the sim sees it is based on how long it is held down. But even tapping it quickly it is hard to get perfect trim to be level

But maybe it is my technique I don't normally use pov hat for trim, I would use a rotary like on X52. Maybe I'm not using trim on the pov hat the right way... It's like I'm having to fight my own trim, also... Since I'm not real pilot, I really don't know how to trim or how it works in fighter jets. I have seen it on Cessna on youtube videos trying to research and understand it.

Also, you guys with suncoms... What settings do you use for various aircraft in terms of curves, deadzones, etc? For the stick and the throttle?

Edited by Baz000

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of Gardena's hose addons. It fits perfectly on Combatstick, I didn't use glue, it is great fit. This will be the base for replaceable grips.

2LDDOpl.jpg

I need to see what can I use to attach them to the base. I have few ideas, we'll see.

FsarlxN.jpg

Also I have to trace shift registers PCB from FLCS.

23L5GpO.jpg

Edited by debolestis

This is great, but where to buy them, it says 1,000 pieces is minimum order.

Building a "shift register" with CD 4021:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftIn

I just saw this today, and saw schematics. According to this schematic:

HhCohHw.png

it looks like THIS could also work:

T4BGFcQ.jpg

Or THIS:

6003Ptc.jpg

It needs only a RESISTOR NETWORK on outputs:

kq57YkM.jpg

Resistor networks can be seen here:

fwiAF9K.jpg

This is from my FLCS.

I was also been doing some work on Pro Micro shield. It can be done without it but it will make thing easier. I'll try to find some PCB service on eBay and make something that looks professional. This is just an example of single sided design:

qorGkK3.jpg

But I'll probably go with double sided PCB. I am still learning Eagle CAD, I'll probably need some help. I'll also try to make PCB for shift registers.

Edited by debolestis

In this size will be difficult to make without use double layer PCB... not very suitable for DIY.

It would be very difficult to make it on stripboard. I am trying to make it in Eagle CAD, double layer, even that way is not easy. My skills in Eagle are basic, maybe we could develop a PCB here on forum, I don't know if people are interested in shift registers. Please let me know if somebody is willing to work on it. I made schematics (not sure if it is OK) and started to work on PCB layout.

I found THIS on eBay. 10 PCBs for 14$.

Edited by debolestis

I made plastic adapters that fit on Gardena hose connector.

zTlZOuO.jpg

okk8EC3.jpg

7qTVF0T.jpg

nrciOJw.jpg

I need to figure out where to add connectors. I was thinking to do something with PS/2 connectors.

Edited by debolestis

Looks good.

Did this PCB in Sprint Layout, dual layer in 27x52mm, just as reference (not sure about the scheme).

cd4021.jpg

Based on Tm layout, each block of 5 pins connect 4 buttons and +5V.

In the left side the +5V trail is highlight

In the right side, highlight the pin3 of first CD4021 connected to pin 11 of the second.

Resistor bridge is connected to pin 8, connected to GND connector.

In Tm board has additional component (Tantalun capacitor??? is "0.1uF capacitors in octopus boards) in the board... dont know wheres is connected, probable between +5V and GND...

Ops1. Forget to connect pin 9 and 10 from the 1st CD4021 do the 2nd and 3rd. :doh:

Edited by Sokol1_br