ED Communication

Scoll

Dear ED,

First, i want to congratulate ED Team for his well done job offering to so many the pleasure to « flight » lot of planes and choppers with full realistics details and behavior.

I know, (working too for a software editor) how it is a hard job, i know that we are in crisis, that the planet warms, that your mother in law is coming for the week end... but... is it a reason to do not communicate ? Or communicate things that are not true like DCS 2,0 will be released end 2014, then end December 2014, then first two month 2015, then half 2015 ?... is it a reason to do not fix bugs too easy to fix like keyboard control, GUI elevators in multi screen mode (some sent fixed files), language translation ?… is it a reason to drive in complete disarray aerobatics teams with this wonderful and so realistic SU-27 PFM ?

So, what ?

Bad news, good news, say where you are, so we can see where we go, make us part of this amazing adventure, so come on, please, take the mike and put on the red light « on air ».

BTW only one month newsletter is not so much especially when there is not.

Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sad thing about this complaint is that there are few good thought... However who cares ? Why you should complain about something that is unchangeable. And if you think about strategy that ED uses (release it when its done) it have some logic... Only problem is that there is no transparency about DCS2 and that is their goal and this distraction is only for case of any kind of disappointment from their final product. This strategy is used by many developers... We all should wait and hope. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-My DCS screenshots-

but... is it a reason to do not communicate ? Or communicate things that are not true like DCS 2,0 will be released end 2014, then end December 2014, then first two month 2015, then half 2015 ?
Your second statement in this quote kind of answers the first. If they estimate a time of release (because they honestly don't know) and they get it wrong, then people complain about them saying things that are not true, so it is easier to say nothing at all.

I personally don't mind when target dates are missed (because that happens with all software development) but for some people it is a major drama causing issue.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]