DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can insist as much as you want. The instructions dont work because the hex of YOUR controller is different than the hex of MY controller. And since the Hex is different, the default profile is used.

Edit - And looking through the comments, I can see this problem being referenced in 2015. Its just a simply edit of a. 1) as it no longer applies. :shrug:

Edited by =Prophet=

It seems like one might have an ego issue.

This thread is about helping others and not taking care of you.

If you can not contribute but criticize then do excuse yourself...

On your way out do delete your latest post as you did your previous one.

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

The given instructions do work and are correct, as tested by thousands.

Or, might I say, used to work in previous versions prior to 2.5.

Use the layouts in the meantime until there is an updated version in 3-4 weeks...

Thank you :thumbup:

I hope that will fix it for me

Keep up the good work!

It seems like one might have an ego issue.

This thread is about helping others and not taking care of you.

If you can not contribute but criticize then do excuse yourself...

On your way out do delete your latest post as you did your previous one.

I would actually say its the other way around. Your instructions provided with the profile don't work. You insist they do. Why? Don't know.

But the fact is, your instructions don't work. And you know they don't. Because you even said so in 2015.

If this thread was about helping people, you wouldn't be insisting the instructions are correct when they are proven to not be. But you'd have to set your ego aside I guess. Here let me quote where you knew this in 2015.

Why is this not in the instructions?

I think that what happened is that you didn't load the profile (assuming you placed the new input folder in the saved games root).

After you put the input folder in the right place you go to settings>controls>choose a certain module> clear each category completely (joystick, throttle, rudder and TrackIR)>load new profile into each one of the categories from the new folder from within the setting menu and...that's it.

If you need to load the profile from in the game, then step a and b are irrelevant. And thats whats hanging people up.

The reason I deleted it, because I was going to provide more detail. But given how offended you seem about it all, you can pound sand for all I care.

Edited by =Prophet=

Thank you :thumbup:

I hope that will fix it for me

Keep up the good work!

The easiest, but longest, solution is to just download the profiles in DCS for the given controller.

The only slightly longer solution is to copy your device ID Hex and paste it over the device ID hex in the provided profile.

Can someone explain what this isse with de device ID is all about?

Forget about it and don't let it bother you.

The important thing is ED does not advise to use past controller settings from the saved menu folder in updates, especially not a few years old ones.

Here we are talking about a different version, some commands are updated or changed and it might cause you problems than help you.

Read the graphical settings' layouts and use them on your own through the UI.

The package is no more than a helping hand for new guys and not a substitute.

Goog flights !

jgVplRQ.png

Hi all! Can You recommend what can i use as rudders on hotas warthog? Still waiting pedals to come

Slaw Device Viper RX // HOTAS Warthog // Track IR 5 // i3-8350K // ASUS Prime Z370-A // RAM 16 GB // MSI GTX 1060 3GB

Can someone explain what this isse with de device ID is all about?

Sure. The issue is that the files provided have the device ID of the person who created and uploaded them. This device ID is different than your device ID. So if you follow the instructions that are provided with the profile, it won't work. DCS will just load the default profile. And you will bang your head trying to figure out why. It only requires a very small change in the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this device ID change when you connect the HOTAS (a Warthog set in my case) to another USB port on the same computer?

I just found my correctly by hand entered settings (from the Polaris example, thank you) reset to some unflyable default settings...

This is my last request.

Please do not use the current profiles in the package as it doesn't fit current DCS version settings.

Technical advices regarding how to use the profiles in the current 2.5 version are against my explicit request.

I would hate to take the package off the site but I shall if left with no other choice.

I do promise that I shall update it to current version since it still draws a lot of attention.

In the meantime please use nothing but the graphical layouts.

jgVplRQ.png

What doesn't fit?

Some commands were either changed, deleted or added since then.

Usually the commands changed are not reported in the change logs and are only evident when you deal with them on a regular basis.

That is why ED themselves advise to not copy paste ready assignments files between updates but to assign from the beginning.

Now, I think I have answered your questions to the best of my ability in this thread over and over again.

You are more then welcome to start a new thread and discuss whatever interests you...

jgVplRQ.png

But not all of the commands. Which means the profiles will be for the most part still relevant and will only need minor alterations. Which is why people still download it, and are still going to come and ask questions.

No one has forced you to reply. You choose to. No need to get all twisted up about a choice you are making. If someone comes and asks a question that I am capable of assisting them with, I will. Unless informed by a moderator not to. What you feel about that, why you are choosing to get all bent out of shape, honestly is not a concern to me. Helping others is. Which I would have thought you would be on board with since you took all this effort. I guess people change. ;)

But not all of the commands. Which means the profiles will be for the most part still relevant and will only need minor alterations. Which is why people still download it, and are still going to come and ask questions.

No one has forced you to reply. You choose to. No need to get all twisted up about a choice you are making. If someone comes and asks a question that I am capable of assisting them with, I will. Unless informed by a moderator not to. What you feel about that, why you are choosing to get all bent out of shape, honestly is not a concern to me. Helping others is. Which I would have thought you would be on board with since you took all this effort. I guess people change. ;)

A formal request had been sent to ED moderators to stop your trolling on this thread.

All I csn say is go bother someone else because you, personslly, are not wanted nor appreciated here.

jgVplRQ.png

• ED Team

Whatever differences you guys have take it to PM's

@POLARIS1 When you have resolved the issues with the profiles let me know, I can unlock or link a new thread for you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2