help needed with CTD's

Hi all,

I am experiencing a lot of CTD's with my new rig. (specs at the sig section below) the CTD's are random, they happen in mid flight or when I press "quit" to exit a mission but they happen almost every time I play.

first I get a black screen with the sound still playing at the background than after a nimute or so, than I CTD and I get an error message:

The instruction at "XXXXX" referenced memory at "xxxxx". The memory could not be "read".

sometimes I get a black screen with the sound still playing but after a nimute or so I slowly return to the game - first I see the terrain then the HUD symbology outlines, then the cockpit appears and game continues....with no error message at all...

I tried reinstalling a couple of times but the problem continued...

what should I do?

I am playing FC 1.12a

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Hmm interesting symptoms. Sounds like it will be RAM or Video Card RAM.

Only having 1024 MB ram makes t difficult to isolate but if you have 2 sticks take one out and see if you still have the problem. If you do then swap sticks and test again. This should be able to determine whether its a faulty stick.

If you have the problem with both sticks on their own its a good chance its your video card.

Hmm interesting symptoms. Sounds like it will be RAM or Video Card RAM.

Only having 1024 MB ram makes t difficult to isolate but if you have 2 sticks take one out and see if you still have the problem. If you do then swap sticks and test again. This should be able to determine whether its a faulty stick.

If you have the problem with both sticks on their own its a good chance its your video card.

Thanx Ice,

but I have other games that are very Memory emanding as DOOM 3, COD2, F4, Need for speed MW and others and I don't have any problem with them. should I steel check the sticks?

SB

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

This sounds like RAM to me, get this program and test your ram. Do about 10 passes of test #5.

http://www.memtest.org/

If you see any "RED" then you have a faulty stick, then you can test each one individually to find out which one is the bad stick. (hopefully you still are within the warranty)

cheers :)

what version do I need to D/L?

SB

System Specs:

the one you need of course..

But since you are having issues finding it, here you go: http://www.memtest.org/download/1.65/memtest86+-1.65.floppy.zip

thats a pre-compiled win executable. (it will make a floppy, and you use it at boot..)

well I did the memtest and everything seems to be OK with my sticks...could it be related to Norton Antivirus? a friend of mine told me that he had an error like me and uninstalling Norton solved it... could it be?

SB

System Specs:

Version of your FC?

CD or DL?

neodark - all I get is this messege on my desktop:

"The instruction at "0x01a93db0" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

or:

The instruction at "0x77bcb9b5" referenced memory at "0x00030006". The memory could not be "write".

no blue screen or something like that.

Paralyzer:

Version of FC is D/L

SB

System Specs:

Bob,

What resolution are you playing the game at? Have you tried changing to other resolutions (particularly lower). You might also try turning all video settings to absolute minimums just to see if you stop getting memory errors. If you notice a difference, the problem is most certainly something about your video card. Obvious question: have you tried other video drivers?

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Bob,

What resolution are you playing the game at? Have you tried changing to other resolutions (particularly lower). You might also try turning all video settings to absolute minimums just to see if you stop getting memory errors. If you notice a difference, the problem is most certainly something about your video card. Obvious question: have you tried other video drivers?

I have tried other video drivers (6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4) and I use 1200X1600 res. I use to get it with 1024X1280 and 1024X768. I don't think it's vid card related though - I don't have this prob with other "heavy" games as Doom3, HL2 or COD2.

SB

System Specs:

neodark - all I get is this messege on my desktop:

"The instruction at "0x01a93db0" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

or:

The instruction at "0x77bcb9b5" referenced memory at "0x00030006". The memory could not be "write".

no blue screen or something like that.

Paralyzer:

Version of FC is D/L

SB

I'll check them in a few (have to run right now)

as general advice, if you input these sets in google, you can usually get an idea of whats at fault. (by the memory address)

sig-YF19a.jpg

I'll check them in a few (have to run right now)

as general advice, if you input these sets in google, you can usually get an idea of whats at fault. (by the memory address)

thanx Neodark I'm waiting

SB

System Specs:

well, havent had much luck in google lately..

I'll let you know if i find anything.

I haven't find anything helpfull in Google either. could it be something to do with virtual memory? swap files?

maybe it has something to do with registry entries?

I am at a loss here...

SB

System Specs:

*sigh*

it's gone from bad to worse. now I can't even launch a mission. I CTD after I hit "FLY" button.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???????????

SB

System Specs:

ok here what i am finding for you

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284

http://forums.amd.com/lofiversion/index.php/t67446.html

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1120.asp

hope these help a little but it could be the game hasnt been installed propley or virtual memory, doom 3 hl2 etc run fine on lower spec computers so using these as some thing to fall back on isnt really a good indication of any thing else, some think like BF2 would be becasue this uses alot of VM, you dont memention what size your Hardrive is but I guess its an Uber size, so up your VM to 2gig double what your RAM is, or there is some hardware conflict with lomac FC check out dr watson on your system or event viewer it will have more details on there may be pointing to where the conflcit is.

rzsig.jpg

http://www.666th.co.uk :joystick:

ok here what i am finding for you

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284

http://forums.amd.com/lofiversion/index.php/t67446.html

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1120.asp

hope these help a little but it could be the game hasnt been installed propley or virtual memory, doom 3 hl2 etc run fine on lower spec computers so using these as some thing to fall back on isnt really a good indication of any thing else, some think like BF2 would be becasue this uses alot of VM, you dont memention what size your Hardrive is but I guess its an Uber size, so up your VM to 2gig double what your RAM is, or there is some hardware conflict with lomac FC check out dr watson on your system or event viewer it will have more details on there may be pointing to where the conflcit is.

Thanks RZero

mu HD is 180GB in size with alot of free space, I have another HD with 180GB but I use it for other stuff - not games.

my VM is on 2048MB min/max.

I'd sure like to know exectly how to trace the problem - could u be more specific about it?

the lnks you gave are good but they are talking about another problem - it's also ralated to 0X00000040 (like I know what it is!:mad: ) but it's not about memory failing to be "read/write"

SB

System Specs:

OK my event viewer is in Admin tools found in control panel (I use Xp pro)

Dr watson will give you a better look click on start menu then run and enter drwtsn32 and see what log files and errors it gives you in there.

watson 32 gave me this:

C:\windows\system32\dwwin.exe 80000003 ntdll!DbgBreakPoin(7C951230)

can you understand something of it?

SB

System Specs:

watson 32 gave me this:

C:\windows\system32\dwwin.exe 80000003 ntdll!DbgBreakPoin(7C951230)

can you understand something of it?

SB

Ok 800000003 is just an indecation that its a system error DbgBreakpoint(7c951230) this is a Debug breakpoint the 7c9 etc I dont know what this is,

and the fact drwtsn32 doesnt give a log for ubi like the attachment does, the log it shows can you click on View? it should give you a compleat logfile of what it is and where the error is being casued.

It could be driver related but not sure if its your card drivers or some thing else like sound drivers, to test to see if its your card drivers try using Omega drivers insted, see if this sorts the problem out. If not then we no its not your card.

Right Ive all so done some digging on this code 0x00030006 this is some thing to do with PCI address config. do you have a sound card? and are all your new MOBO drivers upto date? dont forget the disk you get are old drivers check for new ones.

drwtsn32.JPG.ddb8bf29faafc5921001bbda480769aa.JPG

rzsig.jpg

http://www.666th.co.uk :joystick:

Ok 800000003 is just an indecation that its a system error DbgBreakpoint(7c951230) this is a Debug breakpoint the 7c9 etc I dont know what this is,

and the fact drwtsn32 doesnt give a log for ubi like the attachment does, the log it shows can you click on View? it should give you a compleat logfile of what it is and where the error is being casued.

It could be driver related but not sure if its your card drivers or some thing else like sound drivers, to test to see if its your card drivers try using Omega drivers insted, see if this sorts the problem out. If not then we no its not your card.

Right Ive all so done some digging on this code 0x00030006 this is some thing to do with PCI address config. do you have a sound card? and are all your new MOBO drivers upto date? dont forget the disk you get are old drivers check for new ones.

Rzero- first, I want to thank you for your help and good will, I appreciate it alot.

1. Drwatsn does let me view the log file - but I don't know where to look in it for the error.

2. I will try the omega drivers and let you know if there's any change - I doubt it.

3. soundcard - realtek AC97 audio

4, will a complete reinstall of windows do the trick? I start to think of some desparate actions such as reformatting....:(

SB

System Specs: