help needed with CTD's

Tried the Omega drivers - no joy there :mad:

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

ok the log you get can you save it and email it me?

If the omega drivers didnt fix it then there is some thing else I find it hard to be the 3d card becasue it fuctions ok with other games. You have tested your RAM so its norrowing down abit. There is some conflict some where but because you are not getting a log file for lomac tells me its some thing on the system. May be installing the MOBO drivers again. I know this may sound dumb but are you running Xp sp2? a lot the new drivers need sp2 to function corectly. A compleat format and install can be a bit OTT.

But I am running out of idea's my self try posting here as well with your drwtsn log http://www.geekstogo.com/ I have used these guys befor and solved alot problems Ive had in the past.

Also Ive been looking into your board and found this http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1713869 could be worth looking into your device manager also this will show any hardware conflicts/problems (sorry dont know why I didnt think of this 1st) do you know how to get to your system info? there is info section there that tells you whats sharing and conflicting.

rzsig.jpg

http://www.666th.co.uk :joystick:

ok the log you get can you save it and email it me?

If the omega drivers didnt fix it then there is some thing else I find it hard to be the 3d card becasue it fuctions ok with other games. You have tested your RAM so its norrowing down abit. There is some conflict some where but because you are not getting a log file for lomac tells me its some thing on the system. May be installing the MOBO drivers again. I know this may sound dumb but are you running Xp sp2? a lot the new drivers need sp2 to function corectly. A compleat format and install can be a bit OTT.

But I am running out of idea's my self try posting here as well with your drwtsn log http://www.geekstogo.com/ I have used these guys befor and solved alot problems Ive had in the past.

Also Ive been looking into your board and found this http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1713869 could be worth looking into your device manager also this will show any hardware conflicts/problems (sorry dont know why I didnt think of this 1st) do you know how to get to your system info? there is info section there that tells you whats sharing and conflicting.

OK Rzero,

1. I think that the Drwtsn log will not help us very much. I think it doesn't have any relation to my problen cause it's dated 3/6/2006.

I can give you m,y last LockOn error log from the LockOn directory:

DXProceduralTexture: failed to create, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

Dispatcher: track version = 512091930

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 890578

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 890578

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

2. I checked my device meneger and all is fine except "Atitray" (?) wich has a yellow "!" next to it.

3. and do you think a windows reinstall can help?

thanx

SB

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 890578

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 890578

Ok all i can tell from this is the game/patch hasnt been installed propley and searching on the net for the errors Ive found one on a german site that says the same. Also make sure your running Direct X 9.c they may be some conflict with your card but I cant find anything that there is a conflict, also do you have netframework 1.1+ installed the new Cats need it to run its config program so you can edit your settings, still think format and install is OTT may be using the command consol to do some basic system checks. go in to start menu then run then type in cmd.

then at the promt type in chkdsk and see if it picks any problems up.

if it does you can use chkdsk /f this should force windows to fix the problems if its none of the above( the /f can take along time depending on how many files are on it), but if you feel formating and reinstalling windows in some you want to try then do so and see if that works :cry:

rzsig.jpg

Ok all i can tell from this is the game/patch hasnt been installed propley and searching on the net for the errors Ive found one on a german site that says the same. Also make sure your running Direct X 9.c they may be some conflict with your card but I cant find anything that there is a conflict, also do you have netframework 1.1+ installed the new Cats need it to run its config program so you can edit your settings, still think format and install is OTT may be using the command consol to do some basic system checks. go in to start menu then run then type in cmd.

then at the promt type in chkdsk and see if it picks any problems up.

if it does you can use chkdsk /f this should force windows to fix the problems if its none of the above( the /f can take along time depending on how many files are on it), but if you feel formating and reinstalling windows in some you want to try then do so and see if that works :cry:

OK I made a dskchk and "windows found problems with the file system"

now - how do I enable the "F" option?

what line do I need to write?

cause when I typed : chkdsk/F it thought I mean volume F which is the second drive on my computer.

what line exectly do I have to type after:

c:\documents and settings\Elan>?

SB

System Specs:

>chkdsk /f make sure there is space after chkdsk

"the type of file system is NTFS.

cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the nolume is in use by another

process. would you like to schedule this volume to be checked

the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

??? SB

System Specs:

and here is my last crashlog:

22/04/2006 23:51 V512091930

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 2710546

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 2710546

DXDefTexture: failed to load C-130-PAINT-DEF1.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

View::GetCameraViewAngleLimits: ./Config/View/View.lua:70: attempt to index global `CameraViewAngleLimits' (a nil value)

Warning: (texture class Graphics: DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

Warning: MP_00_00.BMP (texture class CddsTextureItem) must be loaded to step 3, step 2 reported.

hope you can make something out of it!

SB

System Specs:

and here is my last crashlog:

22/04/2006 23:51 V512091930

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 2710546

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 2710546

DXDefTexture: failed to load C-130-PAINT-DEF1.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

View::GetCameraViewAngleLimits: ./Config/View/View.lua:70: attempt to index global `CameraViewAngleLimits' (a nil value)

Warning: (texture class Graphics: DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

Warning: MP_00_00.BMP (texture class CddsTextureItem) must be loaded to step 3, step 2 reported.

hope you can make something out of it!

SB

looking even more like an inproper install of lomac and or FC, as for chkdsk you should say yes and restart your comp ;)

rzsig.jpg

looking even more like an inproper install of lomac and or FC, as for chkdsk you should say yes and restart your comp ;)

OK....I'm going to reinstall LockOn for the last time....

question:

there are four exe's that come with the D/L:

1. GU_LODs_en.exe

2. LO_1[1].1_Flaming_Cliffs_Movies_Pack.exe

3. LO_1[1].1_Flaming_Cliffs_Seasons_Pack.exe

4. Sutter_Fix_EngWeb.exe

do I have to install them after I install FC 1.1?

Just to be on the safe side my istall procedure is:

1. install LockOn 1.00 from the CD

2. install FC 1.1 (D/L version)

3. install:

GU_LODs_en.exe

LO_1[1].1_Flaming_Cliffs_Movies_Pack.exe

LO_1[1].1_Flaming_Cliffs_Seasons_Pack.exe

Sutter_Fix_EngWeb.exe

4. install FC 1.12a

install addons (skins, HUDS etc.) via Loman2.1 (+teka teka patch)

is this right?

SB

System Specs:

Yes seems ok lomac 1st then FC then may be patch 1.12a then the addons, You dont need to install stutter fix as they are all included in the 1.12+ patches. As for addons ie cockpits etc make sure they are compatable with 1.1+ because they could be the problems using older addons. Add the seasons packs when you want, but as you install I would say install lomac 1.0 test to make sure it runs, then install FC then make sure it runs then install 1.12a then make it runs then add all the extras.

rzsig.jpg

Yes seems ok lomac 1st then FC then may be patch 1.12a then the addons, You dont need to install stutter fix as they are all included in the 1.12+ patches. As for addons ie cockpits etc make sure they are compatable with 1.1+ because they could be the problems using older addons. Add the seasons packs when you want, but as you install I would say install lomac 1.0 test to make sure it runs, then install FC then make sure it runs then install 1.12a then make it runs then add all the extras.

GU_Lod and Movie pack OK?

SB

System Specs:

1, Install Original Lo-Mac

2, Install 1.1 Flaming Cliffs

3, Install Seasons Pack

4, Install Movie Pack

5, Install patch 1.12a

6, Insert Registry entry*

7, Run to confirm proper install

8, Add mods one by one to confirm that they are 1.1 compatible

*Don't forget to use the registry tool to back up the registry setting so you don't waste an activation.

:thumbsup:

1, Install Original Lo-Mac

2, Install 1.1 Flaming Cliffs

3, Install Seasons Pack

4, Install Movie Pack

5, Install patch 1.12a

6, Insert Registry entry*

7, Run to confirm proper install

8, Add mods one by one to confirm that they are 1.1 compatible

*Don't forget to use the registry tool to back up the registry setting so you don't waste an activation.

Wolverine:

1. No Gu_Lod?

2. Registry entry - well, I descided to use up my last activation key so I can get a complete cleen and prestene install - "no strings attached" so to speak.

see ya'll on the other side...

:thumbup:

SB

System Specs:

Yes, no Gu_Lod needed. It was added into the 1.11 patch.

OK I installed it (GU_Lod) anyway cause I didn't install FC1.11 just FC1.1 and then FC1.12a ontop of it...

any probs?

SB

System Specs:

The 1.12a patch has all the contents of the 1.11 patch in it. Don't know if there will be problems but probably not.

OK I've been testing stuff four the last couple of hours and here is the status now:

did a clean and thorough install of Lockon +FC +FC1.12a. everything seemed fine for a while. untill I tried to install some FPS FIX patch. this patch alters the "config" and "ME" folders in Lockon. so first I made copies of the original files for backup (like a good boy).

the first time I tried to fly LockOn with the patch it CTD'ed on me with all the familiare error messeges: (memory could not be "read" etc.)

so I figured that maybe this FPS fix was the culprit.

so I went and deleted the altered folders and put the ones I backed up. and when I tried to launch Lomac again I got this messege:

Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library

runtime error!

program: Program Files\Ubisoft\eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Lockon.Exe

abnormal program termination

SO - what now???

SB

System Specs:

I would run the 1.12a patch again. If this doesn't fix it then its another re-install. :(

Seems the FPS FIX is the problem for you then. Which one is this?

Running the Fc1.12a patch didn't do any good....:( still got the Rutime error...

the FPS fix I used is:

FEB 1906 LOMAN 5 FPS TWEAK 20D FOR LO 112 WITH A LOMAN 5 PACK INSIDE.zip.zip

SB

*edit* - well I fixed it , by importing an old Config and ME folders I found somewhere on mu HD....

now, about that tree mod? what is is and where can I find it?

SB

System Specs: