VAC Static ATC Menu Mod

Hello All,

I have created a mod to the ATC menu that allows you to use VAC to contact airfields by name.

The default ATC menu dynamically sorts airfields by your distance from them making it impossible to assign an airfield to a voice command. This mod keeps the default feature but adds static pages for all the airfields in the map so you can always use the same macro to call them up

This mod creates a new ATC sub menu that has the following items:

• Nearest - works just like the default ATC menu
  • Airports 1 - static list of first page airports sorted alphabetically
  • Airports 2 - static list of second page of airports sorted alphabetically
  • Airports 3 - static list of third page of airports sorted alphabetically
  • FARPs - lists up to 10 farps sorted alphabetically
  • Ships - lists up to 10 ships sorted alphabetically

CHANGES FROM DEFAULT BEHAVIOR

all the pages except the "nearest" work slightly different than the default

• All airfields including unfriendly are listed
  • Friendly airfields are marked with coalition all others are not marked, Its up to you to know if they are neutral or hostile

KNOWN LIMITATIONS

• Not compatible with 1.5(gui is munged) or 2.0 (conflicting code changes) yet. I will try to get this resolved by the end of the year
  • All entries except Nearest are sorted by their internal callsign and not the displayed name so their order may appear a little off but it will not change. (unless new airfields are added in the future)
  • Due to the way FARPS and Ships are handled there can be duplicate entries in the menu. This is also a limitation of the default behavior but is more obvious when you have static lists. for example if you have two aircraft carriers of the same class they will have the same name in the menu.
  • Since Ships and FARPS are placeable objects and do apply to all aircraft they are in their own pages and those pages are dynamic. For example if a ship is sunk it will be removed from the menu

this mod is JSGME compatible.

For installation without JSGME unzip the file in your DCSWORLD directory

mod is located at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1270182/

Edited by whartsell
  • Like 2

Awesome. Just what I needed. Works perfectly. Thanks!

Edit: Just saw your last post. I've been sitting here for an hour (on and off) adding commands. So it would be great if you had a profile.

Have you uploaded the vac prolie yet?

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

A bit late to the party, but wanted to add my thanks for what you've created here. It has continually frustrated me that I've never gotten VAC working adequately in DCS, but it seems like you've solved one of the major hindrances. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but look forward to doing so soon.

Thanks for making a static Radio mod for DCS world :)

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Sorry for the delay in posting this as i have been sick :(

in the following attachment is a sample vac profile for the static atc menus. i have also included a python script for generating a new profile from a series of templates. for example if you wanted to change/add a new phrase for inbound and you dont want to change all 20 something airports you can just change the inbound template in the template directory and run the script. It will then create a new vac profile

I have updated the mod here to include both the mod and the sample profile and the builder

vacATCMacroBuilder.zip

Edited by whartsell

Is there any way to make the radio menus not auto advance?

Like when you ask for start up and after ATC grants you clearance the page changes to take off permission and remains on the screen. I wish the radio menu would revert to main page and stay closed as I made my macros to start from begging .

As a temporary solution I added to my macros a pause then F11 press and Radio button press.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

So you do the same in VAC? You insert a pause and then add F11 and Ralt+\ ?

Cause for me is a problem when I want to ask the crew chief to disconnect the aircraft from ground power and the radio menu is stuck in "request taxi" page. And I still tweaking the pause because sometimes in russian it take longer for the pilot to speak than in english etc.

edit

What I did now to reset the auto advance to radio menu for start up and taxi was to add a pause of 10 seconds followed by RAlt+\ to close the menu that reappears then LCtrl+\ to reset the radio to main menu.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

So you do the same in VAC? You insert a pause and then add F11 and Ralt+\ ?

Cause for me is a problem when I want to ask the crew chief to disconnect the aircraft from ground power and the radio menu is stuck in "request taxi" page. And I still tweaking the pause because sometimes in russian it take longer for the pilot to speak than in english etc.

edit

What I did now to reset the auto advance to radio menu for start up and taxi was to add a pause of 10 seconds followed by RAlt+\ to close the menu that reappears then LCtrl+\ to reset the radio to main menu.

I have same dilemma with my VoiceAttack profile. I just say "F 11" or ""F 12" to reboot the menu. I use my Radio Trigger to get main menu up. Feels more realistic to me.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 months later...

I've been working on making the most of this excellent mod. I'll post the profile when I have it finished.

In the meantime, a request:

Can anything be done to place the JTAC Calls for "checking out", and "unable to comply" onto the same function keys across all the menus? They're on a couple of different keys at present.

Also, would it be possible to set the three tanker callsigns to appear on the same function keys regardless of their distance, like you have done for the airfields?

I have created calls based on the system of (call sign) message (own call sign) using Hog One One, Enfield One One, and Tiger One as three optional call signs and with a total of 6 JTAC callsigns, all the tanker callsigns, and all the AWACS callsigns.

It relies at the moment on using the top most JTAC, tanker or AWACS in a menu list. If someone can come up with a way to get those two requests added, it would be a very useful mod indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay in posting this as i have been sick :(

in the following attachment is a sample vac profile for the static atc menus. i have also included a python script for generating a new profile from a series of templates. for example if you wanted to change/add a new phrase for inbound and you dont want to change all 20 something airports you can just change the inbound template in the template directory and run the script. It will then create a new vac profile

I have updated the mod here to include both the mod and the sample profile and the builder

I am new to VA and have downloaded your mod with the sample VAC profile. But I cannot import it into VA because there is no *.vap file to import.

How do I use your profile? A Readme would be helpful..

Thanks.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 3 months later...

I've made some changes in whartsells mod.

I've made all options for the ATC commands enabled in every state you are, i.e. before startup, taxi, takeoff and in air. Reason for this is to have the same keybindings always despite your flight-state, so you can easy bind them to VAC.

Keys for the ATC commands are as followed (in the ATC-submenu):

F1 Request Startup

F2 Request Taxi

F3 Request Hover

F4 Request Takeoff

F5 Abort Takeoff

F6 Inbound

F7 Abort Inbound

F8 Request Landing

F9 Request Azimuth

Also I've added my VAC profile file, but it is not yet complete. I've not added ground crew and not tested all the airports (as for now I'm unsure if VAC can detect, or me/you pronounce, the more complicated airport names).

What I added, and no more:

* Every airport name and ATC command, i.e. 'Kobuleti Request Landing'

* Flight and Wingman commands which are (Wingman or Flight pronounced before):

- Anchor Here

- Return To Base

- Fly To SPI

- Fly To Steerpoint

- Fly To Tanker

- Engage Ground Targets

- Engage Armor

- Engage Artillery

- Engage Air Defence

- Engage Utility Vehicles

- Engage Infantry

- Engage Ships

- Engage Bandits

- Rejoin

- Formation (when 'wingman' instead of 'flight' is pronounced before, he actually rejoins).

EDIT:

NOTE: VAP profile it is still premature and I added this just for people to look at, VAICOM is more recommended, but does not use realisitic comms.

NOTE: There are some cavecats with the current ATC-script of mine, as the menu does not close after a command is sent. I cannot check this script this week as I'm out working. But I'll what I can do when I come home.

VAC ATC Menu Mod v1.0 modified v0.2.zip

Edited by Vantskruv

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't be easier if the player would choose the airfield by saying: F1 F2 F3 etc?

And also... would it be possible to create a list of direct commands that can be activated by key presses?

What I am thinking is to have a final comand that usually is activated by pressing "LAlt+\ ... F5... F1... F1... to be activated by a user defined key press (Or short combo).

Imagine you want to ask for ground power. And you press " LeftWin+P" and presto the command is send. Without any page changing or clever VAC Command.

Why not having in control settings a sub page... like "General" page or some new page named "Advanced Radio" that would contain a big list of all or almost all possible commands that can be settable by player. Sure one can put a simple key press on a command but most people would choose a combo to free the direct commands.

Thus when building a VAC profile you only have to define a key or combo not sequences. This would simplify everything and also would eliminate the overlapping of menus and F11 back one level etc.

FOr complicated F10 commands for example there could be commands like F11 is now to go back but that would actually choose from a menu one of the available options. Like when you choose the airfield from the list... you could just say in VA "Third" and third option would be selected. Example: "ATC... Third... Request Inbound" . When player say that phrase the Voice Attack would send for "ATC" the corresponding key stroke for what today would require "LAlt+\ ... F5", then for "Third" it would sent the key for choosing the third option and finally, for Request Inbound it would send the key that activates the command for "inbound" option from radio.

I am not sure I was clear enough... so I will rephrase a bit in short:

1. many simple commands would have one unique single key or combo to activate... easy to set in VAC and no conflicting menus

2. Some complex commands would require that the player choose from a menu but also his choices would be simple commands by unique single key or combo (first, second, third...).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think that is possible as shortcut keys seems to be hardcoded in the game (not possible to mod via scripts....correct me if I'm wrong).

Though it is possible to modify the lists of the menus, but only to the maximum of the 10 items (F1 to F10).

Yet I've not found a way to automatically reset the menu to return to mainmenu, also I've not been able to disable the auto popup of the menu, i.e. when you request startup, the menu of requesting taxi automatically shows up.

Ideally DCS would listen for commands on UDP like radio/flight/cover me and then the voice activation utility could just send that when you say "Flight Cover Me". That would need the utility to be written/adapted to do that of course, as currently they all just send keyboard commands but it's a much easier and efficient way of doing things than using menus and F-keys.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

@zaelu: Great Idea

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 1 month later...