VAC Static ATC Menu Mod

I've made some changes in whartsells mod.

I've made all options for the ATC commands enabled in every state you are, i.e. before startup, taxi, takeoff and in air. Reason for this is to have the same keybindings always despite your flight-state, so you can easy bind them to VAC.

Keys for the ATC commands are as followed (in the ATC-submenu):

F1 Request Startup

F2 Request Taxi

F3 Request Hover

F4 Request Takeoff

F5 Abort Takeoff

F6 Inbound

F7 Abort Inbound

F8 Request Landing

F9 Request Azimuth

Also I've added my VAC profile file, but it is not yet complete. I've not added ground crew and not tested all the airports (as for now I'm unsure if VAC can detect, or me/you pronounce, the more complicated airport names).

What I added, and no more:

* Every airport name and ATC command, i.e. 'Kobuleti Request Landing'

* Flight and Wingman commands which are (Wingman or Flight pronounced before):

- Anchor Here

- Return To Base

- Fly To SPI

- Fly To Steerpoint

- Fly To Tanker

- Engage Ground Targets

- Engage Armor

- Engage Artillery

- Engage Air Defence

- Engage Utility Vehicles

- Engage Infantry

- Engage Ships

- Engage Bandits

- Rejoin

- Formation (when 'wingman' instead of 'flight' is pronounced before, he actually rejoins).

EDIT:

NOTE: VAP profile it is still premature and I added this just for people to look at, VAICOM is more recommended, but does not use realisitic comms.

NOTE: There are some cavecats with the current ATC-script of mine, as the menu does not close after a command is sent. I cannot check this script this week as I'm out working. But I'll what I can do when I come home.

Great. Idea..Ill check out what you have done and get it merged into the mod available for DL

Hello,whartsell.I've found that in DCS 1.5 when I install Static ATC Menu Mod.On the top,it will show both old style and the new style of the contact information.When I uninstall the mod,it will be normal.Not a big deal,but a little little hard for me to read the information.

Regards.

2r469vm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,whartsell.I've found that in DCS 1.5 when I install Static ATC Menu Mod.On the top,it will show both old style and the new style of the contact information.When I uninstall the mod,it will be normal.Not a big deal,but a little little hard for me to read the information.

Regards.

I have looked at the code and there are bits in 1.5 and 2.0 that conflict with the changes I made for the static menu mod. I have identified the problem areas and hope to get this knocked out before the end of the year (while on vacation).

All,

Currently this mod is not compatible in 1.5 (mostly works but gui is munged) or 2.0 (there are code conflicts in sections that i changed). I have identified the areas and hope to have a fix out by the end of the year. If that changes Ill let you know.

Also remember that 1.5 and 2.0 are Beta and Alpha respectively so dont be surprised if it breaks again before they go RC as the velocity of code changes will be high

• 4 weeks later...
I have looked at the code and there are bits in 1.5 and 2.0 that conflict with the changes I made for the static menu mod. I have identified the problem areas and hope to get this knocked out before the end of the year (while on vacation).

Any progress on this? I'm also interested in 1.5 compatability.

• 1 month later...

Yes, hope this is being worked on.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...

Joining the question above - a version for 1.5 is absolutely must have.

Did try to look into it, but the code seems a bit too complicated for my current LUA skill.

If someone could at least explain where to find the part that silences player talking, I could jump on the board and try to continue this mod, if the initial author allows me to do it, of course.

• Gigabyte Z97X SLI
  • i5 4670K OC + СoolerMaster 212 Evo
  • inno3D GTX980 iChill
  • 16 GB RAM
  • OCZ Vector 128 GB SSD + 3TB Seagate HDD
  • M-Audio 2496 Audiophile
  • Pimax 4K HMD

• Self-made air mouse controller
  • VKB Cobra Z (BRD Mod)
  • Gametrix ECS; VKB T-Rudder
  • Custom Mjoy 16 switch panel
  • Wireless Inertial Tracker + Opentrack

• 2 months later...
Joining the question above - a version for 1.5 is absolutely must have.

Did try to look into it, but the code seems a bit too complicated for my current LUA skill.

If someone could at least explain where to find the part that silences player talking, I could jump on the board and try to continue this mod, if the initial author allows me to do it, of course.

Dami -- this mod doesn't silence player talking, that's Milli's "No Pilot Voice Mod": http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134767

• 8 months later...

Hi,

First thank you for the mod it is a very good mod indeed.

However I'm having a problem with it lately. I'll try to give as much info as possible and please fell free to ask for more details that you might need.

Whats happening:

when I activate the mod ( using JSGAM ) the game runs I start a mission ( in any mode e.x campaigns , instant action or create a mission) the mission starts but the com manu wont appear when I press "". VICOM doesn't work either even though the command is recognized by VoiceAttack. If I deactivate the mod the menu work.

When/Why did it happen:

I don't know exactly but I have to theories.

The first is: it happened around the time of the new update 1.5.6 few days ago, so it seems that the update might have something to do with it

The second is: I was playing with some mods and skins at the time so that might have something to do with it as well; however, this is very unlikely since I removed everything as I will explain below.

What did I try to fix it:

1-Remove everything including files in Saved Games folder. install a fresh copy of DCS Install JSGAM again, download a new copy of the mod and activate the mod only nothing else no effect what so ever.

2-Tried to unzip the zip file in DCS World as mentioned above in your description. That didn't do anything ( like the mod is not installed ).

3-I found the path for the original files in DCS "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel", and did text compare of the files in mod folder and the files in the path I mentioned and they didn't mach ( I made sure the mod is installed when I did the comparison assuming that the mod will replace the original files with the one inside the mod folder).

so I tried to replace the game files with the one inside the mod. the game worked but the problem still exist, and when I deactivated the mod in JSGAM the game start to crash at loading screen when you first start the game.

Some of what I tried might sound stupid since I don't really know how the mods work. I just tried to do debugging, and that what I came up with. :)

I appropriate it if you can find a solution for the problem since its really ruining the game for me.

Thank you very much

Bassam

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any plans to update this mod for 2.0? I currently get a crash to desktop if I try to run it on NTTR.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 3 weeks later...

Static ATC Mod for 2.0.5 and 1.5.6

All: I have created a new version that seems to work in 2.0.5 and 1.5.6. See post https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3090920#post3090920.

This may also solve some issues that others have had with helos since some of the newer lua code involves helo support that was not present when the original mod was created. But I don't fly helos and can't confirm that.

Thanks to Whartsell for the brilliant original!

sthompson (Softball in MP)

Edited by sthompson

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Great job! :D I can confirm it's working on the DCS side of things for me (1.5.6 release) However seem to be having some compatability issues with VAICOM -> I can only talk to Sochi. Plenty of parking, two long runways, could be worse ;)

Great job! :D I can confirm it's working on the DCS side of things for me (1.5.6 release) However seem to be having some compatability issues with VAICOM -> I can only talk to Sochi. Plenty of parking, two long runways, could be worse ;)

Do the static menus show up for you correctly? What do you mean when you say you can only talk to Sochi? What happens if you call ATC at a different airfield? Can you confirm that Voice Attack is correctly identifying the recipient? It's possible that the new mod has caused a change in the static ordering of airfields, which would affect interaction with VAICOM. I would not expect that, but realize now that I did not check that. I can try to look at it this weekend.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 2 months later...

Static ATC menu mod updated for DCS open alpha 2.1.0 Normandy and Nevada

I have updated the files from Whartsell's original to work in versions 2.1.0 and 1.5.6, including all currently available maps (Normandy, Nevada, Caucusus). Use the attached files to replace the files of the same name in Whartsell's original distribution.

Note that because there are 31 Airbases with ATC frequencies on the Normandy map I had to create additional slots in the static menus. There are now four pages of static ATC choices (corresponding to F2, F3, F4, and F5). As a consequence the menus for Ships and FARPS are now associated with new function keys F6 and F7. This may require updates to VAICOM profiles that use the FARPS or Ships menus. I do not know if there are any!

Thanks again to Whartsell for the original!

sthompson (I go by "Softball" in MP). Vote me some reputation if you like this! :smilewink:

RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

ATC.lua

• Like 4

Nice work indeed! Does anyone know if it would be possible to do a mod for the JTAC menu also so that the F-keys always stays the same on the different menu pages so that it could be set up with VAC?

It might be possible, but since I primarily fly aerobatics and A2A missions I haven't gotten familiar with the JTAC menus. For AWACs, tankers, ships and FARPs a complication is that the set of possible units (and their names) with which you might communicate is dependent on mission design and can even change dynamically within the mission. I don't know if this is an issue for JTAC as well.

After messing with these menus and with VAICOM for a few months I think that we are going to have to wait for 2.5 before there is significant further improvement. The ideal approach would be to establish a plugin for VAICOM that communicates directly with LUA code running in the sim so that the menu system could be bypassed completely. The Simple Radio Standalone (SRS) package interacts with DCS this way so I think it is doable. But developing this would involve significant code development, and possibly 2.5 would break that code. However we can hope that Hollywood has something similar in mind for VAICOM!

I'm going crrraaazzzzyyyyy with this again!!!

Now I updated to Normandy, all fine and dandy. Everythging was working beforehand beatifully and I know there is now an issue with comms in Nevada. But now my Comms menu doesn't work in either map - 1.5.6 or in 2.1!!!.

Funny thing is when I try to rebind with key (In either 1.5.6 or 2.1) the same key it goes F12-F11-OEM102 when I press the OEM102 key (never noticed that before). So the key can be bound it just doesn't work in game. I have changed no setttings in VC/VA.

Another issue in 2.1 is when I ask for a 'tanker to refuel' - it goes to outside view, If I ask for 'landing' the game pauses - I get no response from either - radios are set to correct frequency.

Edit Scratch that, did a repair opn both and reinstalled VA/VC now everything is good -Even in Nevada - and I thought that was goosed?!

Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |