Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Guess what? I the media keys were still intercepted by Tacview, I forgot a case…

This is fixed in Tacview 1.5.1 (I have validated against the Windows 10 TV&Movies app)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Finally post flight analysis with thunderstruck !!! :megalol:

Thanks for fixing! :joystick::pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can tacview be used to give a live view of a mission and if so, how is it done?

Edit: I read it's possible to get a "snapshot" of the battle. This is perfect for what I'm looking to do, but I have no idea how to do it.

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Can you make it possible to lock this feature out?

As useful as it is, it's also a problem which might cause some servers to turn tacview recording off for the clients.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Tacview 1.5.1

Tacview 1.5.1 is available!

http://tacview.net/download/

First, I want to thank all of you for your feedback. It was invaluable to pinpoint and fix new telemetry engine bugs.

There are quite a lot of important improvements in this new release:

• All reported bugs related to the telemetry have been fixed.
  • You can now create and edit objects (like bullseye) directly from the tool menu.
  • Now the HUD clearly display IAS/CAS and magnetic heading when available.
  • Falcon 4 time zones have been added for all major theaters: day, night and sun position are now correct.
  • Added support for X-Plane 9/10, 32-bit and 64-bit.
  • FSX/Prepar3D flight data recorder as been fully rewritten to generate more accurate data and up to 5 times smaller acmi files.

Now, I know that not all of you are interested in FSX and X-Plane... However, everyone will benefit from the work which has just been accomplished.

I have created from scratch an universal exporter. Because they are very easy to work with, FSX and X-Plane were used as efficient testbeds for it. Now it has been debugged and optimized, I will be able to use it to create a brand new real-time data exporter for DCS World and, maybe later, a real-time exporter for Falcon 4…

Before doing that, the next step is to rewrite a part of Tacview graphical user interface so it can gracefully handle real-time data change and recording. As soon as this work is complete, I will be able to create real-time data exporters. And whenever I will make an improvement, tweak, or a fix in this universal exporter, all supported flight simulations will automatically benefit from it!

FEATURES & CHANGES

• X-Plane is now natively supported thanks to the XPL2ACMI plugin
  • FSX2ACMI has been rewritten to be more accurate and to generate acmi 2.0 files 5x smaller than before
  • New ACMI 2.1 file format which is up to 10% smaller thanks to longitude/latitude median reference point
  • You can now add objects to the world directly from Tacview tools menu
  • You can now edit core object properties directly from Tacview tool menu
  • CAS is now displayed in HUD view when proper data is available and IAS is not available
  • The type of speed available in HUD view is now explicitly displayed
  • Magnetic heading is now displayed in HUD view when available
  • Added support for TimeZone offset for Falcon 4.0 theaters
  • Added an option to display labels only for selected objects
  • Using shorter notation for telemetry in labels to reduce clutter
  • DCS World dummy pilots and units names are not exported anymore to reduce clutter

FIXES

• CAS was not properly calculated when only spherical coordinates were available
  • Merging a DTC file with VHS was often removing objects from the battlefield
  • Fixed local and UTC time for Falcon 4.0 theaters (this fixes the sun position and sky color)
  • Advanced telemetry AOA was not properly exported (in radian instead of degrees)
  • Invalid time displayed in raw telemetry when loading a file from a different telemetry source
  • XML flight log was listing objects colors instead of coalitions names
  • Fixed small memory leak related to objects without data
  • Remove bookmark command was not working for real
  • Tacview now properly offers the zip.acmi file format when using the “Save As” command
  • Multimedia keys were mistakenly intercepted (they are now available to your favorite music player)
  • Increate about dialog box size to accommodate some foreign languages

776509784627568645.png

• Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Sure! Even if the best would be an improvement of DCS World export interface, I will not release this feature until I have found a graceful way to prevent cheating as much as possible.

Can you make it possible to lock this feature out?

As useful as it is, it's also a problem which might cause some servers to turn tacview recording off for the clients.

You can double click on floating windows title to dock them.

Or, in the worst case, you can reset everything by deleted the registry entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Stra Software\Tacview]

Hi. Can anyone help me with a mess I made of Tacview? I moved around the telemetry windows and the flight log window and now I can't get them back to the default type view. Quite frustrating. Anyone help? Thanks.

Sure! Even if the best would be an improvement of DCS World export interface, I will not release this feature until I have found a graceful way to prevent cheating as much as possible.

Here's a thought:

The Server interface in DCS now offers 3 separate, non-exclusive export options:

• Export Object
  • Export Sensors
  • Export Player

Obviously, Object and Player need to be exported for TacView, but perhaps TacView could see if Export Sensors is disabled by the server, and then disable the realtime feature while collecting the data for debrief. This would also put the onus for cheat prevention on the server where it should be.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but is there a way to update without losing all the settings each time?

Also, I noticed APCs and IFVs have the Tank 3D model now, instead of the IFV one (that the BMP has for example). Tornadoes havingthe A-10 3D model is an old thing instead.

Edited by Gliptal

Can you bookmark some of the units which are not working (using the bookmark button in the playback toolback of Tacview) and share me the resulting .zip.acmi file? I will check what is going on.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but is there a way to update without losing all the settings each time?

Also, I noticed APCs and IFVs have the Tank 3D model now, instead of the IFV one (that the BMP has for example). Tornadoes havingthe A-10 3D model is an old thing instead.

Ok. Well maybe it's the Windows 10 firewall... idk why it won't let me do it!!������

It looks like that, for some reason, the download is not complete. Can you try from another mirror, especially the last one (called free) to see if it works better?

You may also want to try with another web browser like edge, firefox, chrome. Or from one of your friends computer.

You can find alternate download sources from here: http://www.tacview.net/download/latest/

Can you bookmark some of the units which are not working (using the bookmark button in the playback toolback of Tacview) and share me the resulting .zip.acmi file? I will check what is going on.
I created a simple mission with four units with the editor, attached is the .acmi file. All are IFVs/APCs, but every one of them with the exception of the BMP have the tank model.

vehicles.zip

Not yet. I'm currently try to acquire more 3D models. Let's hope the SA342 will be one of them...
I used to do 3D modelling in Maya a few years ago, if you tell me a small model you're missing I can try and see if I'm still decent at it. I'm totally out of the loop though, what extension would you need?

That is, unless you already have a collaborator working for you.

Thank you for the offer Gliptal.

The 3D models format is documented here: http://www.tacview.net/documentation/3dobjects/en/

I may contact you later if I need additional 3d models after the upgrade currently in progress.

I used to do 3D modelling in Maya a few years ago, if you tell me a small model you're missing I can try and see if I'm still decent at it. I'm totally out of the loop though, what extension would you need?

That is, unless you already have a collaborator working for you.

I managed to model a low-poly Tornado yesteday evening (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174526), although I'm having problems getting it to render correctly in Tacview. Any chance you could share how the mesh is rendered by Tacview Vyrtuoz? It seems like the normal recalculation in Tacview is calculating a number of faces as being in the inside of the model, making it seethrough in many of its parts.

Thanks!

Edited by Gliptal