Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hello!

I have this bug in all missions, SP and MP modes, release and alpha versions, all modules. I have no crashes, just stuck in loadscreen. Also "exit to menu" not working, I have to "exit to desktop" in game (maybe same loadscreen stuck in menu).

Examples:

Thanks!

Single_L39.rar

MP_Su27.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Я не читаю Чижей и прочий зоопарк..

I have managed to reproduce the crash with some of the training missions.

Please download and install the attached hotfix. See included readme.txt for the procedure.

http://www.tacview.net/download/tacview153hotfix.zip

This fix is included in Tacview 1.5.4 which will be published later this week.

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

I have managed to reproduce the crash with some of the training missions.

Please download and install the attached hotfix. See included readme.txt for the procedure.

http://www.tacview.net/download/tacview153hotfix.zip

This fix is included in Tacview 1.5.4 which will be published later this week.

:thumbup: Perfect Vyrtuoz, works like charm. Thanks for the fast help.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Flum91

Tacview 1.5.3 has introduced a new anti-cheat system which, by default, prevents you from reviewing the last 10 minutes of your mission when you are flying online.

You can either wait a bit more before leaving the session, to make sure all the data you want to review has been recorded. Or, you can ask the host to install Tacview and setup a “Playback Delay” of 0. The server DO NOT have to record flights to enable the clients to do so. It only has to setup the proper options.

@Erpe

Yes, DCS coordinates are here to stay: They where already here. The format of the T property has not changed. DCS World flat coordinates are named U,V in the acmi format documentation. Beware that they are exported in slightly different way as they are in DCS World: dcs(z,x) => tacview(u,v)

The only change introduced by the format 2.2 is the new anti-cheat protection. I will document it as soon as possible. Note for the cheaters which are reading us: The ant-cheat system is not based on secrecy: knowing how it is working will not help reading precious data in advance ;)

Tacview 1.5.4 has been released!

http://tacview.net/download

This version is the result of your work and feedback. The two most important bugs with the new exporter have been fixed, and you can now enjoy a nice 3D model for the Viggen!

See you soon in Tacview 1.6!

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Chinese translation by 张炯 'Billeinstein' for the new DCS World exporter
  • French translation for the new DCS World exporter
  • Added support for DCS World AJS-37 Viggen
  • Updated Falcon 4 Pillars of Hercules theater to version 0.7.8.2 U1

FIXES

• Crash in DCS World exporter when loading some of the old training missions
  • DCS World exporter was not working if the current user had Unicode characters in his/her name
  • DCS World was stuck on loading screen when Tacview exporter initialization was failing
  • Crash when streaming terrain tiles bigger than 512MB (like a huge jpeg texture)

I did it just to be sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hey guys, quick question.

I've managed to set up Tacview on my computer for DCS. The ACMi files after each flight are saved in the correct folder, but the files themselves are empty every time, whether it's SP or MP. You can open them in Tacview, but the recording ends at 00:00:00 right after it started.

Any help?

Greetings,

Mobius

Hey guys, quick question.

I've managed to set up Tacview on my computer for DCS. The ACMi files after each flight are saved in the correct folder, but the files themselves are empty every time, whether it's SP or MP. You can open them in Tacview, but the recording ends at 00:00:00 right after it started.

Mobius

Had same issue with my setup, installed tacview 1.53 and all seemed to go ok, but it only installed correctly on DCSW v1.55 OB and 2.04 Openalpha and the v1.55 stable version was left out in the cold with it making empty ACMI files.

Long story short, Go to tacviews website and read on how to set it up manually in the FAQ/ Troubleshooting, and double check that the files are in the right places, etc.

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/en/

Most importantly, make sure that DCSW Export.lua file has the correct line in it to run the tacview exporter, with my dcsw stable version, it hadn't replaced the old tacview 1.28 script entry with the newer one for tacview 1.53 (runs different named lua file now). I also removed all traces of tacview v1.28-1.41 scripts from all of my dcsw scripts folder to be sure.

Tacview works a treat now.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

i got a problem with tacview, after installing it and seing DCS world ingame it says "Tacview is not installed on host"

and also after a recording i try to open the tacview.zip.acmi and it says its not supported? it is in my "C:\Users\jonas\Documents\Tacview" folder

i also checked if im running the correct version and i am

error msg:

237a509a889ae937af995bdb352cd6a6.png

super2277

Which version of Tacview are you using to playback your flights? Can you share the produced acmi file so I can check it?

My guess is that you still have an old version of Tacview associated to acmi files. The acmi file format has been updated and the files produced by the new exporter may not be readable by the old version of Tacview.

About the warning message, please see the Q35 in the official documentation:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q35

Hi,

Is there a way to change colors of the plane traces in Tacview ?

I find violet color not visible enough sometimes.

Is it possible to add something like a ruler to be able to take some distance mesurements ?

Is it possible to display the exact mouse coordinates (Latitude and Longitude) ?

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by dora

I just recorded a short file, total track time around the 10 minute mark (or a little more) in SP (not MP, no servers involved) landing the MiG-21, in 1.5.4

Went to the replay and although it recorded a track when I play it back there appears to be nothing in it which is a annoying because I wanted to include it as part of a video. Track replays in the MiG-21 are completely broken so I cannot repeat it.

Is it me or is there bugs in 1.5.4 regarding the 10 minute lag timer?

Vyrtuoz, I can post up a copy of the track if you want to look at it

I have a question regarding Exports. Does the Tacview Exporter capture ALL available exports from DCS Host/Server? And if it does, does this mean that the delay feature affects all possible exported data? My question is regarding other mods that may use real time date exports and how those would behave.

Thanks in Advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@super2277

It looks like your DCS World session has crashed before Tacview export has the time to properly close the file. Is that correct?

• Do you know if the host of blue flag has enabled data export?
  • Do you have this export problem all the time, or just time to time?
  • Can you share me the recorded track file? I will try to reproduce the bug locally.

@Borin

Did you check in the documentation? Your problem maybe related to Q35:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q35

@dora

There is no way to change Tacview trails colors. With DCS World trails are either red or blue. There is not violet color unless you are flying on a secondary coalition in BMS. Can you share me a screenshot to help me understand?

Yes, a “ruler” is planned for a future release. The very same tool will enable you to check coordinates too.

@yufighter

Can provide more information about the flight and corresponding object file? Can you share these files please?

@Weegie

I am not aware of a track delay bug in single player. Which mission where you flying in? Can you share me the corresponding acmi and track files?

@RIPTIDE

Tacview exporter reads as much data as possible from the computer used to record the acmi file (most of the time, your local computer). The delay feature is 100% in Tacview code, it is independent from DCS World and from the other mods. In other words: the delay option will not affect how other mods behave.

Does this answer your question?

First off, great software. Without this I would have no idea what was happening to me in a DCS MP match, or what rookie mistakes I was(am) making.

I noticed that during a replay if a player (not the recording player) drops or maybe even quits their object remains (i.e. plane, helicopter.) I believe this is the case for the track replay as well, however that's a system with its own problems. Would it be possible to allow the user to remove an object at a certain time-code, or just disable the object? I also noticed a very cool overlay when placing a custom object (i.e. bullseye) with a compass rose style overlay. Would it be possible to toggle this overlay without directly having the object selected? It would also be very cool for that compass rose to have maybe 0-90-180-270 numbering. Anyway, I know very little, but these are some humble requests from a avid Tacview user.