Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

More about remote controls:

• to control a client aircraft, simply connect one of your remote control to the client computer which has the aircraft you want to control
  • You can right-click on a remote control command to assign a key or joystick input.
  • You can enter passwords in DCS->Settings->Special->Tacview page to open the real-time telemetry and remote controls only to specific people. Note that by default your router/firewall may already prevent any remote coming access from Internet. Do not forget to open the ports on the target computer router to be able to access it.
  • You can trigger predefined flags 1001 to 1008 using the remote control (simple click and double click give two different values). The remote control must be connected to the host for the flags to work.
  • So far, I did not find any way to rename the flags. I wanted to, but it looks like that DCS API was supporting only numerical flags.
  • I think single click set the flags to 1 and double click set the flag to 2. I may add more commands later, but I still have a lot of work on other features first.
  • The focus buttons are used to defined which remote controls are listening to your joystick/keyboard key definitions. This is useful to not conflict with other remote controls if you have assigned the same joystick controls to several remote controls for example.
  • There are 4 remote controls, so you can control four client computers at the same time. Or one host (for the mission flags) plus 3 clients. Remember: each remote must be connected to the corresponding client or host computer depending on what you want to control.

Thanks! There's supposed to be a TacView tab in the Special Options? It's not there in my install.

On the "renaming", I sort-of meant on the TacView side: giving the button a temporary name while still triggering the same numerical flag in DCS. Strictly a quality-of-life thing. Designating other numbers for different flags to change was implied by the question before that. Neither method of renaming is needed for the flag manipulation to be useful (the current 8 inputs from the outside is better than the previous none), but the flexibility could be helpful in the future.

I don't think the current implementation of "flags" in DCS supports anything but positive integers for either the name or the values. The flag values themselves might be limited to integers between 0 - 100, as well. The editor doesn't let anything else get entered in.

I think that I have seen this kind of problem once a long time ago. Can you share me the server dcs.log of the corresponding game?

In the coming months, I will do another pass on the DCS world exporter to improve its support of online flights.

Here is a log file where only the latest connected player gets a file.

dcs.zip

LSO: It’s coming, just two more weeks™ left…

Pilot controls position is not yet available, but this is planned. I may have found a way to do it with DCS.

Excellent, by the by; Tacview is already a superb tool, thanks for your hard work.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Tacview 1.7.2 beta 3 installed does not install properly the appropriates files in DCS World folders.

Can you try to reinstall Tacview 1.7.1? (no need to uninstall first) you should then see the Tacview menu in the DCS World.

I see, I like the idea of renaming the flags in Tacview remote controls. I am adding it to the list, but I cannot promise any delivery date.

Thanks! There's supposed to be a TacView tab in the Special Options? It's not there in my install.

On the "renaming", I sort-of meant on the TacView side: giving the button a temporary name while still triggering the same numerical flag in DCS. Strictly a quality-of-life thing. Designating other numbers for different flags to change was implied by the question before that. Neither method of renaming is needed for the flag manipulation to be useful (the current 8 inputs from the outside is better than the previous none), but the flexibility could be helpful in the future.

I don't think the current implementation of "flags" in DCS supports anything but positive integers for either the name or the values. The flag values themselves might be limited to integers between 0 - 100, as well. The editor doesn't let anything else get entered in.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Tacview 1.7.2 beta 3 installed does not install properly the appropriates files in DCS World folders.

Can you try to reinstall Tacview 1.7.1? (no need to uninstall first) you should then see the Tacview menu in the DCS World.

I see, I like the idea of renaming the flags in Tacview remote controls. I am adding it to the list, but I cannot promise any delivery date.

Doing a clean install of 1.7.1 got the TacView menu to appear in the special options tab. Thank you.

Quick question concerning Tacview playback. When I originally installed Tacview, all worked well, but when I upgraded (at least it was around that time), it always stops recording shortly after the last engagement and does not go to the end of the mission. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Quick question concerning Tacview playback. When I originally installed Tacview, all worked well, but when I upgraded (at least it was around that time), it always stops recording shortly after the last engagement and does not go to the end of the mission. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

On a lot of servers, tacview will be delayed 10 minutes or so. That's intended.

LazyBoot is correct.

I have planned to improve the anti-cheat system to be more user friendly in a coming update, this is just a matter of time…

Meanwhile, if you playback the corresponding track file (*.trk) in DCS, your flight should be fully recorded a in a new acmi file, assuming if it was long enough.

Tacview Not Working

All my Tacview files are 1K (empty). Seems like it started a couple weeks ago. The only thing I've done recently is create a new Helios export of my F/A-18C UFC and MPCD from Capt Zeen's new profile. Not exactly sure if it coincides exactly with that or not.

Thoughts?

Capture.thumb.PNG.ed695bd3683648afbd1bae2f618d2e8a.PNG

dcs.zip

Edited by steven43291

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Thank you for the logs!

It looks like that your export.lua file contains errors:

2018-06-21 23:45:52.275 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportBeforeNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\steve\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:6793: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'sub'
[string "C:\Users\steve\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:6793: in function 'ProcessInput'
[string "C:\Users\steve\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:6387: in function <[string "C:\Users\steve\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:6386>.

My guess it that the problem is coming from the recent changes related to Helios.

If you edit the export.lua file and put in first the lines related to Tacview, this will fix Tacview export. Note that this will not fix the original problem with Helios though.

Summer Sale from Jun 23rd to Jul 9th: 50% off all Tacview editions!

Time to celebrate the summer season with a whopping 50% discount on Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced, and up to 75% off on group orders. Get your hands on advanced tools like more detailed telemetry, real-time debriefing and, with some flight simulators, real-time recording!

http://www.tacview.net/purchase/

1010269327050854400.png

Thank you!

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I forgot to mention:

Just let me know if you want to upgrade your Tacview Standard licence. I will need your name, or current product key and I will give you back a coupon to get Tacview Advanced at a reduced price.

I forgot to mention:

Just let me know if you want to upgrade your Tacview Standard licence. I will need your name, or current product key and I will give you back a coupon to get Tacview Advanced at a reduced price.

Hi Vyrtuoz,

Revisiting this thread after a long time and couldn't find the answer to my query below.

Just wanted to know if there is any difference in the Tacview Professional and Tacview Advanced versions?

Our squadron had bought the Tacview Professional from you a couple years ago and we want to know if we are missing something here?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

On a lot of servers, tacview will be delayed 10 minutes or so. That's intended.

Ok Thanks for the reply. This was on a private server and it was always the last part. Just so I understand, it delays 10 minutes at the start, so the last 10 minutes are not there for the client. The host seems to have the whole thing always.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

@Emmy

Yes, Tacview 2.0 will also work on tablets and cell phones.

@Nash

Tacview Professional has been renamed Tacview Advanced to get rid of the ongoing confusion amongst corporate and institutional users. So, aside Tacview Enterprise which is not relevant in your case, you already have the most advanced version.

@Firebird1955

Yes, the host can always record the whole flight. If you trust your client, you can disable the anti-cheat feature by setting the recording delay to “none (real-time)” in DCS World options -> Special -> Tacview. With the latest version of the exporter you can now provide a password, so only the clients you trust can record the whole flight, while the other will not have the last ten minutes.

I had a question about timing and what goes missing with the play back delay.

My friend's server didn't have Tacview installed, so I got hit with the 10 minute delay. As far as I can tell from the following logs the recording should have been on from 1:24:21 till 2:30:25, so 1 hour and 6 minutes or so. The 10 min delay means that we lose the last 10 minutes of the recording, correct?

Because the file I ended up with was exactly 50 minutes, to the second. I would be missing 6 minutes or so right?

The host did pause twice during the session, once seemingly around where the recording ended and once at the end of the session. Would that stop Tacview's recording? I did disconnect while it was paused as well. It just seems so random that he'd pause exactly 50 minutes into the session.

2018-06-27 01:24:10.873 INFO    NET: MsgClientInit(serverTime=3800.416681, modelTime=0.000000)
2018-06-27 01:24:10.873 INFO    NET: local time=134.873070, offset=3665.145903, error=0.009240, samples=67
2018-06-27 01:24:10.873 INFO    NET: scheduled start at 135.271233
2018-06-27 01:24:21.315 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview is not installed on the host
2018-06-27 01:24:21.316 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Recording flight data in [D:\Tacview Advanced\ACMI\Tacview-20180626-202421-DCS-Persian Gulf FA-18C Case I Carrier Landing MP.zip.acmi]
2018-06-27 01:24:21.316 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Applying playback delay of 10 minutes to prevent cheating
2018-06-27 02:23:41.716 INFO    NET: pause request at 3570.394000
2018-06-27 02:30:25.644 INFO    NET: MsgClientInit(serverTime=7775.174772, modelTime=3570.298000)
2018-06-27 02:30:25.644 INFO    NET: local time=4109.644171, offset=3665.126966, error=0.007598, samples=4021
2018-06-27 02:30:25.644 INFO    NET: scheduled start at 4110.069262
2018-06-27 02:30:25.875 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: End of flight data recording
2018-06-27 02:33:08.224 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: During the last 600.0s an average of 0 units objects and 0 ballistic objects have been active per frame
2018-06-27 02:33:08.224 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: The average frame rate of 59.6fps would have been 59.6fps if the flight data recorder was disabled

@Nash

Tacview Professional has been renamed Tacview Advanced, you already have the most advanced version.

Thank you for your quick response...

Glad to hear we already have the most advanced version cause that's what we wanted...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

@Kylania

I have noticed that, with the latest DCS World beta, Tacview exporter stops to record whenever the server is paused. I will investigate this issue as soon as possible.

Also, I think that the ten minutes delay is currently based on flight simulation time, not real-time time. This is something I will improve when I will redo the anti-cheat system.