Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

This information is not currently available. But this is something I definitively want to do when I will upgrade the exporter.

Nice! So DCS does enable all axis and button press events to be output? This is good to know.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

It looks like the exporter was still in activity. I will need the corresponding dcs.log file to know more.

If there is a next time, save the dcs.log file right after you notice the problem.

started doing it again :(

here are the latest log files

again fixed with a re-install ...

Logs.zip

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@arparso

I can record your track when playing it back. Even the real-time telemetry is working fine.

Make sure that “Create one file for each network client” is DISABLED. This option is for dedicated servers. It will not record the local flight. Instead it will record separately each flights of the connected clients.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Hi guys,

Noob here regarding tacview. Just got it a couple of days ago and must say I've learnt ALOT already!

Its awesome!

Got the real time telemetry working, but I wanted to set up an online debrief for our groups of guys flying together.

Any tips? we are hosting/joining but it doesnt seem work? We are all on version 1.7.5 registered copies. Read something about using port 42674 which we tried. all antivirus turned off just incase it blocked the ports but to no avail.

Amy help would be appreciated

Iceberg

Any possibility that down the road we might be able to toggle range rings around aircraft based on the weapons they are carrying as events are being recorded?

Definitely! This will be a feature very similar to the actual sam/aaa thread domes. But for a later update because I do not have yet the weapons carried by aircraft in DCS World.

For performance reason, telemetry data is not automatically transferred by to host to the clients.

So, everybody attending to the online debriefing must load his/her recording of the flight.

Let me know if this help.

(I am planning to automatically transfer the data in Tacview 2.0)

Hi guys,

Noob here regarding tacview. Just got it a couple of days ago and must say I've learnt ALOT already!

Its awesome!

Got the real time telemetry working, but I wanted to set up an online debrief for our groups of guys flying together.

Any tips? we are hosting/joining but it doesnt seem work? We are all on version 1.7.5 registered copies. Read something about using port 42674 which we tried. all antivirus turned off just incase it blocked the ports but to no avail.

Amy help would be appreciated

Iceberg

If you restart Steam, this should transfer the telemetry path to Steam -> DCS -> Tacview Module and fix the issue. (I ran into this limitation because of Lua / Windows).

If you open a dcs.log file (in Saved Games/DCS/Logs/dcs.log), you should see the full path where the acmi files are created. This will help to diagnose the problem.

It is also possible that a third party lua addon has corrupted your export.lua file and prevents Tacview data recorder from running properly. In that case, you may want to delete your export.lua and reinstall Tacview (no need to uninstall first).

Im thinking of getting tacview for my server machine. If I put it on the server will it record everyone's actions as long as its running or do they also need to buy it?

Can I put it on just the server and use the server to view my own actions? In other words can I assume my gaming machine, the one I play DCS on doesnt need tacview on it?

Thanks

Tacview 1.7.6

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.6 is available

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 269.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of fixes and improvements requested by both the community and professional users.

While I am focusing more and more on the development of Tacview 2.0, it is going to take some time before we can put our hands on a first beta version. Meanwhile the Tacview 1.8.0 is already on its way and will continue developing further the capabilities required for professional military debriefings, like a brand-new real-time shot log which will eventually replace the aged flight log.

Tacview 2.0 conception phase is still open, so feel free to share your ideas and suggestions here. Even if everything single whish may not be granted, be assured that I am always taking all your feedback in consideration.

Fly safe!

Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Improved support for VRS Tacpack/Superbug, vACMI & FSX@War (special thanks to Asid [D.O.W])
  • Integrated Aegean 2.4 for BMS
  • It is now possible to edit object properties by right clicking on it in the 3D view
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: MiG-19P Farmer
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to quickly change playback speed
  • Increased mouse wheel zoom resolution
  • Improved threat domes display
  • New option to always display the bullseye
  • Added an option to hide important objects list from the 3D view
  • Destroyed aircraft are now still displayed in the important objects list
  • Moved display cockpit instruments option to the settings menu
  • Turn rate is now displayed with one decimal in objects labels
  • Nautical mile distances are now displayed with two decimal places
  • Playback speed is now displayed when nonstandard and paused
  • Fonts and cockpit instruments are now clearer
  • Added SDK functions to control playback
  • Added SDK setting to hide the HUD and latitude, longitude grid
  • It is now possible to define an object parent in telemetry data

FIXES

• Improved support of 4K and higher resolution screens
  • ISO time used for automatic synchronization was not properly read from media filenames
  • SDK menu callbacks were garbage collected too early leading to "random" crashes in C# addons
  • In some rare cases shells and bullets could be displayed as a box
  • Telemetry between selected objects was sometime displayed in the bottom/left corner of the 3D view
  • No error was displayed when attempting to read a zip file with no supported data in it (trk or xlsx files)
  • The 3D view is now always updated after activating an addon command via a menu
  • Addons menu entries will not be alphabetically sorted anymore

Tacview176.png

Says the person sharing file has exceeded their sharing limits..............

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Says the person sharing file has exceeded their sharing limits..............

same...

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Sim Lockup with latest version

Hi All.

Just installed the latest version of Tacview and I have an issue with it. When starting any mission, when the mission has loaded and goes to the screen where you enter the pit, the Sim freezes and according to taskmaster is no longer responding, this is on the latest Beta version of the Sim. Any suggestions. :helpsmilie:

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

Hello Backstab,

Short answer: YES, you will be able to review your personal flight by loading the acmi file generated on your server. The only limitation is that advanced telemetry like IAS and radar locks can be recorded only on your local computer (not by the server), so these data will not be available.

First, the data recorder is free. In other words, you can install right away Tacview on your server.

By default, the data recorder with record any flight taking place on your server as a big acmi file lasting for a whole hosted session.

If you prefer one smaller file for each person flying on your server, you can enable the option [DCS World -> Options -> Special -> Tacview -> Record one file per client]. This will create one distinct file for each person connected to your server in a separate folder.

In both cases, you can also redirect the acmi files to a share cloud drive like Google Drive or Drop Box, so your wingmen can review their flights after each session from the data recorded on your server.

Im thinking of getting tacview for my server machine. If I put it on the server will it record everyone's actions as long as its running or do they also need to buy it?

Can I put it on just the server and use the server to view my own actions? In other words can I assume my gaming machine, the one I play DCS on doesnt need tacview on it?

Thanks

To check if the problem comes from a third-party add-on including Tacview, simply delete your \Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\export.lua file, then retry the mission.

If this fixes the freeze, then re-install Tacview (no need to uninstall first) and retry the flight. If the flight is working well, then the bug was probably related to another addon.

If the freeze is still here, then this may be a bug related to Tacview. In that case, share me your C:\Users\vyrtu\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log file and tell me which mission and aircraft you are trying.

Hi All.

Just installed the latest version of Tacview and I have an issue with it. When starting any mission, when the mission has loaded and goes to the screen where you enter the pit, the Sim freezes and according to taskmaster is no longer responding, this is on the latest Beta version of the Sim. Any suggestions. :helpsmilie:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vyrtuoz, since the last update of dcs, on some servers, I can no longer see the video track of the flight, is it a problem that others have also encountered?

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!