Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Yes and yes, check out this video on how to control the flow of time in Tacview:

Is there a way to zoom the playback control bar onto a particular time interval? I'm finding it hard to see individual events or scroll the slider to them when there is a lot happening of interest during a few minutes in the middle of a long and mostly boring mission. The events are all crowded together in the middle of the bar, rendering it pretty much useless. I know there are other ways to focus on individual events, but that isn't what I'm asking for.

Also, is there a quick way to jump directly to when a particular AI unit spawns?

I've watched that video many times and it does not answer my question about how to zoom the playback control bar onto a particular time interval. What I'm looking for is a method to have the playback bar only show part of the mission but expand that part to take up the full width of the available space so that the events get more spread out and easier to distinguish. I've seen other apps where you could set a start and stop time and have the app only display information within certain limits. I do not see how to do that in Tacview.

Regarding my question about jumping to a unit spawn time, I realize I can jump to any specific time once I know what it is. But my question is whether there is an easy way to go to a spawn time quickly without having to find and type in that time. If spawn events were shown in the combat log I could just click on one, for example, but they are not shown. Perhaps in an update you could let us filter the displayed events, and then you could add other kinds of events that are not currently shown in the log or on the timeline.

Yes and yes, check out this video on how to control the flow of time in Tacview:

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You can zoom the playback control bar to a certain interval by navigating to the beginning or end of the desired interval and clicking Debriefing -> Trim After or Debriefing -> Trim Before.

Before an AI unit spawns you can Shift-Click on the greyed-out object in the Selected Object drop-down menu to go to the time at which it spawns.

I attached a couple of screenshots to demonstrate.

I've watched that video many times and it does not answer my question about how to zoom the playback control bar onto a particular time interval. What I'm looking for is a method to have the playback bar only show part of the mission but expand that part to take up the full width of the available space so that the events get more spread out and easier to distinguish. I've seen other apps where you could set a start and stop time and have the app only display information within certain limits. I do not see how to do that in Tacview.

Regarding my question about jumping to a unit spawn time, I realize I can jump to any specific time once I know what it is. But my question is whether there is an easy way to go to a spawn time quickly without having to find and type in that time. If spawn events were shown in the combat log I could just click on one, for example, but they are not shown. Perhaps in an update you could let us filter the displayed events, and then you could add other kinds of events that are not currently shown in the log or on the timeline.

1957894782_Trimbeforeorafter.thumb.png.addf1167742e159b49ef9902094f7f93.png

1259893107_Jumptopointatwhichatobjectspawns.thumb.png.fb7beb5df0bfba3ffaad49106c9843e7.png

Thanks BuzyBee.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Normandy and Caucasus elevation maps are automatically included with Tacview - just make sure you have Options -> Terrain -> DCS World enabled.

If you are looking for textures, you can download them using Mapview:

but they are not the same textures as in the game and there may be some discrepancies.

Where or how do I download the Normandy and Caucasus maps into TacView?

See references to them being available with 1.8.2.

Thanks.

Tacview 1.8.3 is out!

Tacview 1.8.3 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Fri, 1 May 2020
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 390.6 MB

I am always looking for ways to improve Tacview’s frame rate to make it as smooth as possible, and to compensate for new features added over time, especially for lower-end systems. During my investigations, I have found a few bottlenecks, big and small.

In this version I have already implemented a few optimizations which should improve the performance on lower end systems and make the UI and 3D a bit more responsive. In the following updates, I will work on a bigger optimization which should have considerable impact on missions with a lot of objects.

Always an ongoing project, with the help of my partner BuzyBee, plenty of 3D objects and declarations have been added the to the database so your favorite planes and vehicles are properly displayed. This certainly makes debriefings more comfortable and intuitive!

In addition to new options to customize your experience, there have been several tweaks to make the satellite view more comfortable and weapons impact clearer.

Meanwhile, Tacview 2.0 is still growing up slowly, but surely. All the tools required for its multi-platform development are complete (some are even used to speed-up Tacview 1.x development). The next step (starting soon), will be the development of the core engine, which will include completely rewritten terrain, 3D engine (using Vulkan for portability and performances), as well as a greatly improved telemetry engine, feature-wise. I am as impatient as you are about it, it is a long-term project, slow but steady!

Take care and fly safe!

Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED Static Object Injector addon to easily add static objects in Tacview world
  • ADDED Track Injector addon to create flights from waypoints
  • ADDED numerous objects and 3D models to the database
  • ADDED IL-2 Arras elevation map
  • ADDED support for DCS World submarines
  • ADDED new keyboard shortcuts to inject bookmarks in DCS World
  • ADDED longitudinal and lateral accelerations (g-force)
  • ADDED support for routes and waypoints for GPX files
  • ADDED support for DRX Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) static objects
  • ADDED support for WebP for custom terrain textures
  • ADDED support for non spherical engagement ranges
  • ADDED support for inactive SAM/AAA sites (radar on/off)
  • ADDED support for simpler event-log sheets (timeout+callsign+event)
  • ADDED an option to auto hide latitude/longitude coordinates whenever bullseye coordinates are present
  • ADDED support for Shift + PgUp / PgDown to move quickly +/- 10 seconds in time
  • ADDED support for more exotic characters in latitude & longitude coordinates
  • ADDED /Fullscreen command line option to start Tacview in fullscreen mode
  • IMPROVED impact effects are now more transparent so we can still see concerned objects
  • IMPROVED direction vector length to be proportional to the corresponding object speed
  • IMPROVED fast forward speeds to better match other debriefing tools (x3/x5/x10/x20)
  • IMPROVED support for csv files such as granular data from Flightradar24
  • IMPROVED support of wrongly formatted date/time in GPX files
  • IMPROVED anti-aircraft engagement range display in satellite/orthogonal view
  • IMPROVED support of static objects from KML files
  • IMPROVED handling of carriage return characters when importing telemetry files
  • IMPROVED Database Builder to automatically refresh Tacview database after each save
  • IMPROVED media windows now display only file names without path in their title

FIXES

• FIXED charts auto-scale was not always correct
  • FIXED the event-log importer to work regardless of the user regional settings in Windows
  • FIXED rare crash when manually removing objects from the world
  • FIXED crash in Database Builder add-on caused by duplicate entries
  • FIXED could not add waypoints via the add/edit dialog box
  • FIXED pilots not properly exported for DCS World Harrier & M2000

tacview-183-submarines.png

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Try to save them in the following folder which is not protected (if it is not visible, copy/paste it in the file explorer to get there):

C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\

Hi

I'm trying to ad Terrain add ons but not sure where to place them. The folder i thought C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures doesn't allow me permissions to save files to it

FIXED pilots not properly exported for DCS World Harrier & M2000

Work perfect! Tnx! =)

Я лично в общем-то летал. У меня 42 вылета, и каждый раз меня сбивали. Если честно говорить, то в общем-то я ни разу сам не посадил самолёт.

Dedicated DCS server: http://www.cskies.net/

i7-9700K @3.60 GHz, GTX1080, Oculus Rift CV1, Saitek X56 Rhino, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks for the new update!

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

I think the centered view no longer follows the affected contacts (the screen doesn't move to keep them in view)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yep, everything is fine now...not sure what was going wrong before as this was always the setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

just installed last update 1.8.3 and getting this FSX2ACMI.exe infected by Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.35927

My apologies for the delay, I had a limited access to Internet and my computer last week.

I have tested with an "old" and then the latest version of Bitdefender. While the old version of Bitdefender gives a warning, the latest version does not say FSX2ACMI is infected.

I believe that was a false positive. Otherwise Tacview.exe should have been affected the same way since it has been built at the same time and on the same system as FSX2ACMI.exe.

How can I disable the output to the DCS.log file? I don't want it writing there for a few reasons. Thanks in advance.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

How can I disable the output to the DCS.log file? I don't want it writing there for a few reasons. Thanks in advance.

To minimize the output to the log, you can change your Profiling Period to the maximum of 10 minutes and make sure the Debug Mode is off.

But there is no way to disable the output entirely. It is just a debug log. In my opinion there is no information being written to the log that could be considered sensitive. What are your concerns?

hello , Ive got tacview advanced from steam and no matter how I copy the files to the saved games folder of dcs I dont get the module to appear when I launch the simulator , pls help

Hi,

Make sure you have launched Tacview from Steam at least one time because this will run some additional install scripts.

If it's still not working after than, please send your dcs.log (found at Saved Games\DCS\Logs\ and your Tacview.log (found in %TEMP% folder)

Hi, i have a issue with tacview. It seems that my flight recordings always revert back to a size of 1KB. I delete the Export.lua file in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts and it records full length tracks but soon reverts back to 1KB. Any sugestions, thanks