Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Started using this nice software to get better, but unfortunately it really kills performance for me with 11600k @5GHz and 3080ti.. I need 72 Hz for VR and Tacview eats 10-20 FPS from me even in some SP campaigns. It literally records everything when I mostly care about BVR engagements, so basically planes and anything that can touch them. Is it possible to record only planes and AA weapons + maybe SAMs to save resources? Or maybe somehow adjust records precision, like record every other tick or something? Of course it's nice to record everything, but to run a dedicated server for it just to see results of BVR in simple details like when who launched what and hit what seems like an overkill..

On 12/29/2021 at 5:16 PM, YarTheBug said:

Quick question (I hope). I noticed static objects are not recorded by TacView with DCS. The most recent post I found was from 2019 and stated the DCS doesn't export this information.

Is this still the case? If not, is this something you have asked for from ED?

If there's a feature request I can vote on somewhere, I'd be happy to do so.

Hi Yar,

We are experimenting with new ideas to export static objects such as buildings, but it is too early to be published because there are performance and setup challenges. We hope that the next time we rewrite the DCS World Exporter we will be able to include static objects.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, S3ntry said:

Hi fellow simmers,

I am fairly new to using Tacview in debriefings with my squad and I don't seem to be able to find a way to display health of units.

For example we wanted to compare damage to ships by different missiles, rockets & Co. Is there a way to show a kind of "healthbar" or percentage per unit?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and fly safe out there.

Hi, we had the same idea and we are experimenting with health bars. Hope to make it a reality one day!

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, Fiztex said:

Started using this nice software to get better, but unfortunately it really kills performance for me with 11600k @5GHz and 3080ti.. I need 72 Hz for VR and Tacview eats 10-20 FPS from me even in some SP campaigns. It literally records everything when I mostly care about BVR engagements, so basically planes and anything that can touch them. Is it possible to record only planes and AA weapons + maybe SAMs to save resources? Or maybe somehow adjust records precision, like record every other tick or something? Of course it's nice to record everything, but to run a dedicated server for it just to see results of BVR in simple details like when who launched what and hit what seems like an overkill..

Hi,

Here is some information and workarounds about FPS loss with DCS: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/FPS_Loss_While_Recording_Your_Flight_in_DCS_World

Could you please share a DCS log of an instance where performance is suffering? It could help us come up with new ideas.

39 минут назад, BuzyBee сказал:

Hi,

Here is some information and workarounds about FPS loss with DCS: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/FPS_Loss_While_Recording_Your_Flight_in_DCS_World

Could you please share a DCS log of an instance where performance is suffering? It could help us come up with new ideas.

Thanks for reply, I've red that but as far as I understood there is no way to filter things, there are only 2 options - record only ownship or record everything. The only solution which works is dedicated server, but it's not an option for paid campaigns. As an example, I've got issues with SP campaign for F15C (Georgian War by Baltic Dragon), there are lots of ground units fighting there and this tanks performance if I use Tacview right from the ramp. If I don't then everything is fine and I get 72 fps right on the ramp and through all flight and can even speed up time without much stuttering.

Which track do you need for analysis - game track or Tacview track? Or you only need log files? Thing is I've blocked my system from writing these log files a long time ago, since some of VRshaders mods were causing continuous writing in these files, but I can undo this if that is what you need.

12 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

Thanks for reply, I've red that but as far as I understood there is no way to filter things, there are only 2 options - record only ownship or record everything. The only solution which works is dedicated server, but it's not an option for paid campaigns. As an example, I've got issues with SP campaign for F15C (Georgian War by Baltic Dragon), there are lots of ground units fighting there and this tanks performance if I use Tacview right from the ramp. If I don't then everything is fine and I get 72 fps right on the ramp and through all flight and can even speed up time without much stuttering.

Which track do you need for analysis - game track or Tacview track? Or you only need log files? Thing is I've blocked my system from writing these log files a long time ago, since some of VRshaders mods were causing continuous writing in these files, but I can undo this if that is what you need.

Right now there is no way to filter the objects that get exported, but we are interested in possibly implementing something in the future. It would help us to have just a dcs log from you (Saved Games\DCS\Logs) to see for ourselves exactly what kinds of unimportant objects are causing the performance issues compared to the important objects. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the latest Version  if Tacview (advanced)  running on my dedicated server and on my client.

image.png

I am trying to get the real the real time telemetry working but it won't work.

DCS running in dedicated mode you cannot set your properties in GUI (DCS Special Menues) - so you have to edit options.lua - i have done this like:

["plugins"] = 
    {
        ["Tacview"] = 
        {
            ["tacviewExportPath"] = "C:\\BV_SFTP_DCS_TGH_01\\DCS.openbeta_01\\Missions\\TacView-Files",
            ["tacviewDebugMode"] = 0,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = 42675,
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = 1,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
            ["tacviewAutoDiscardFlights"] = 10,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = 42674,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = 1,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = 1,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 1,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = 1,
        }, -- end of ["Tacview"]
    }, -- end of ["plugins"]

The Files are recorded properly bute i cannot make realtime telemetry running. Connection fails everytime i try to connect.

image.png

I've tried a lot and i am sure to have to specified ports being opened:

image.png

image.png

Also it seems that all parameters were loaded as expected (dcs.log):

2022-01-22 16:25:47.689 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.8.7.200 Loaded.
2022-01-22 16:25:47.689 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Config={tacviewModuleEnabled=1, tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled=1, tacviewSinglePlayerFlights=2, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient=1, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost=2, tacviewBookmarkShortcut=0, tacviewAutoDiscardFlights=10, tacviewDebugMode=0, tacviewTerrainExport=0, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled=1, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort=0, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword="", tacviewRemoteControlEnabled=1, tacviewRemoteControlPort=0, tacviewRemoteControlPassword="", tacviewExportPath="C:\BV_SFTP_DCS_TGH_01\DCS.openbeta_01\Missions\TacView-Files"}
2022-01-22 16:25:47.689 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Running as the host of a multiplayer session.
2022-01-22 16:25:47.690 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview is set to [Record All Available Data]
2022-01-22 16:25:47.690 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Export path: [C:\BV_SFTP_DCS_TGH_01\DCS.openbeta_01\Missions\TacView-Files\]

Using a dedicated server on the same system with its own properties have been working regarding real time telemetry - but my (/our) server is running in a professional data center. Server and Clients are using IPv4 - so i need help to get this working. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Edited by SlooFooD

System: Z390 AORUS MASTER, i9-9900KS @ 5.2Ghz AllCore, AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB, 2x2 TB 970 Pro, 64GB GSkill F4-3600C17-16GTZR, Custom WC Loop (2x420 Rads), TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5 (Pro), ASUS X34P & Virtual Cockpit for iPad (A10C/F18C)

modules: F/A-18C, A-10C, F-16C, FC3, CA, SuperCarrier, BlackShark2, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H Huey

I have had some testing the last few hours:

I can get live telemetry working only on my "Gaming Rig" - the machine where i activated my license first.

On All machines i used the same settings - firewall sittings included.

But i wwould like to enable My/Our Game Server to stream the recording - but this does not happen - is it possible to be related to license type?

Would be happy to have some help.

Edited by SlooFooD

System: Z390 AORUS MASTER, i9-9900KS @ 5.2Ghz AllCore, AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB, 2x2 TB 970 Pro, 64GB GSkill F4-3600C17-16GTZR, Custom WC Loop (2x420 Rads), TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5 (Pro), ASUS X34P & Virtual Cockpit for iPad (A10C/F18C)

modules: F/A-18C, A-10C, F-16C, FC3, CA, SuperCarrier, BlackShark2, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H Huey

It seems that the service that is meant to be used for streaming (host) is not startet from dcs.server.xxx.

When i start a DCS gaming instance on the same machine with a connection to the dedicated server that is running on the same machine but without activated TacView module then the streaming service is being started and a connection from other clients will be possible - thats really weird because with only 16 GB of RAM i can only host one dedicated DCS session and not another gaming-session that needs a lot of addiotional RAM and effects performance.

Anobody else here, that can help?

Edited by SlooFooD

21 hours ago, SlooFooD said:

It seems that the service that is meant to be used for streaming (host) is not startet from dcs.server.xxx.

When i start a DCS gaming instance on the same machine with a connection to the dedicated server that is running on the same machine but without activated TacView module then the streaming service is being started and a connection from other clients will be possible - thats really weird because with only 16 GB of RAM i can only host one dedicated DCS session and not another gaming-session that needs a lot of addiotional RAM and effects performance.

Anobody else here, that can help?

Hi,

Can you please share the DCS log of the server?

Also please share a screenshot of what your Real-Time Telemetry window looks like before you click connect:

image.png

6 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Hi, I fly in VR and friends with the same gear have the head view direction displayed in TacView, but I can't have it. Is there anything special to do to enable it?

Hi, enable Pilot Line Of Sight through the Display Selected Objects Vectors menu:

image.png

On 1/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

Can you please share the DCS log of the server?

Also please share a screenshot of what your Real-Time Telemetry window looks like before you click connect:

image.png

Hi, enable Pilot Line Of Sight through the Display Selected Objects Vectors menu:

image.png

Here is the RealTimeTelemetry-Window :

image.png

image.png

And attached to this Post you'll find the DCS-Log from dedicated Server

Options.lua has following entries:

image.png

But in DCS.log you'll find this:

2022-01-25 16:56:28.571 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Config={tacviewModuleEnabled=1, tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled=1, tacviewSinglePlayerFlights=2, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient=1, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost=2, tacviewBookmarkShortcut=0, tacviewAutoDiscardFlights=10, tacviewDebugMode=0, tacviewTerrainExport=0, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled=1, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort=0, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword="", tacviewRemoteControlEnabled=1, tacviewRemoteControlPort=0, tacviewRemoteControlPassword="", tacviewExportPath="C:\BV_SFTP_DCS_TGH_01\DCS.openbeta_01\Missions\TacView-Files"}

dcs.log

image.png

Edited by SlooFooD

Now I've got it wokring with changing options.lua entries to:

["plugins"] = 
    {
        ["Tacview"] = 
        {
            ["tacviewExportPath"] = "C:\\BV_SFTP_DCS_TGH_01\\DCS.openbeta_01\\Missions\\TacView-Files",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 1,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
        }, -- end of ["Tacview"]
    }, -- end of ["plugins"]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. Anyone using Server Side Recording per Client in a Multiplayer Setting with 30+ Clients? Many players turned off tacview on their machines for fps improvements. Found a thread from 2020 on how to get server side recording working. Any new insights on performance in 30+ players? I could imagine that tacview creates a bottleneck with so many players (IO read/write, cpu, ...)

8 hours ago, thornx said:

Hi there. Anyone using Server Side Recording per Client in a Multiplayer Setting with 30+ Clients? Many players turned off tacview on their machines for fps improvements. Found a thread from 2020 on how to get server side recording working. Any new insights on performance in 30+ players? I could imagine that tacview creates a bottleneck with so many players (IO read/write, cpu, ...)

Hi, here is all the latest info: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/FPS_Loss_While_Recording_Your_Flight_in_DCS_World

• Like 1

Hi,

I can't make Tacview, installed on a DCS Dedicated Server, record one file per client.

My settings below:

["Tacview"] = {
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 2,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 3,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = false,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",

If

it correctly saves a single (big) file in the correct chosen folder.

Cheers!!!

51 minutes ago, Shrimp said:

Sure, thanks.

Hi,

There is a known bug that the first player to join the server is not recorded when Tacview is set to Record One File Per Client. Have you tried this with multiple clients joining? Alternatively you can try starting a mission, joining the server, leaving the server, then joining the server again, and see if that works. Let me know!

I confirm that the same client entering twice or multiple clients will save the file, except for the first client.

The bug is also confirmed every time a server is started/restarted or a mission is changed/restarted.

Note: on one occasion that the first and second client connected almost simultaneously the file failed for both.

35 minutes ago, Shrimp said:

I confirm that the same client entering twice or multiple clients will save the file, except for the first client.

The bug is also confirmed every time a server is started/restarted or a mission is changed/restarted.

Note: on one occasion that the first and second client connected almost simultaneously the file failed for both.

Thanks for the confirmation and for the information about the first and second client connecting simultaneously. We hope we will be able to fix this in Tacview 2.0. (the bug may be on the DCS World side, we are not sure)

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 5:44 AM, BarTzi said:

Hi BuzyBee, did you ever consider displaying simulated gun shots \ missile shots as a small indication on the hud (just for the moment you push the launch button or pull the trigger)?

Hi, that would be pretty complicated, since we would need to know when the launch button was pushed or the trigger pulled. That information is not currently easily available to us. It is probably different for each aircraft. We are rewriting the exporter for Tacview 2.0 - maybe it will be possible after the rewrite.