Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Is it possible to follow weapon trajectory to target and get status as to hit or miss? Can tacview tabulate this? Sometimes I want to see BDA and even my cumulative 'success rate'. Sometimes I want to get a picture of a 'successful' flight path.

Edited by skypickle

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

11 hours ago, skypickle said:

Is it possible to follow weapon trajectory to target and get status as to hit or miss? Can tacview tabulate this? Sometimes I want to see BDA and even my cumulative 'success rate'. Sometimes I want to get a picture of a 'successful' flight path.

Hi,

The Flight Log is Tacview's best effort to log events like "has fired", "has been hit by", "has been destroyed". The flight log can be exported to XML or CSV (File -> Export Flight Log) to allow you to create your own reporting.

• 2 weeks later...

In MP, Tacview's writing of its file can be delayed by the server (options.lua: tacviewPlaybackDelay & tacviewProfilingPeriod), which prevents actual telemetry data from being used for cheating.

However, if the delay is 10 minutes, it also forces players to sit around the server for 10 minutes to wait for the last 10 minutes of data to be purged into the output file, which is a total waste of time, and prevents players from going to another sever, and also blocks a slot, preventing other players from joining the serve.

Whatever entity is writing the actual file is also monitoring being logged into the server, because on exiting the server, the file is closed out.

Suggestion: Add a parameter to allow or disallow the server to purge buffered telemetry data out to the Tacview file on player exit. This would still give the server owner the control over when telemetry data is written, but also allow the server owner to decide to write the telemetry data to the player's Tacview file on his exiting the server, without uselessly waiting 10 minutes. 

What do you think?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

7 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

In MP, Tacview's writing of its file can be delayed by the server (options.lua: tacviewPlaybackDelay & tacviewProfilingPeriod), which prevents actual telemetry data from being used for cheating.

However, if the delay is 10 minutes, it also forces players to sit around the server for 10 minutes to wait for the last 10 minutes of data to be purged into the output file, which is a total waste of time, and prevents players from going to another sever, and also blocks a slot, preventing other players from joining the serve.

Whatever entity is writing the actual file is also monitoring being logged into the server, because on exiting the server, the file is closed out.

Suggestion: Add a parameter to allow or disallow the server to purge buffered telemetry data out to the Tacview file on player exit. This would still give the server owner the control over when telemetry data is written, but also allow the server owner to decide to write the telemetry data to the player's Tacview file on his exiting the server, without uselessly waiting 10 minutes. 

What do you think?

Hi,

In Tacview 2.0, players will be able to leave the server while waiting 10 minutes of real time before reviewing their flight. It seems to me that the data can't simply be made available at the time of leaving the server because the player could theoretically just re-join the server and/or use or communicate the information acquired via Tacview to the persons still connected to the server.

57 minutes ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

In Tacview 2.0, players will be able to leave the server while waiting 10 minutes of real time before reviewing their flight. It seems to me that the data can't simply be made available at the time of leaving the server because the player could theoretically just re-join the server and/or use or communicate the information acquired via Tacview to the persons still connected to the server.

Do I understand correctly, in 2.0 all the data will be recorded and when I quit the server it will all be present; only Tacview will only play it all at least 10 minutes after the end of recording.

That would be outstanding!

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

21 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

Do I understand correctly, in 2.0 all the data will be recorded and when I quit the server it will all be present; only Tacview will only play it all at least 10 minutes after the end of recording.

That would be outstanding!

That's correct! I am glad to hear it will meet your needs.

• Like 2

Excellent! So, when does 2.0 come out? Two weeks?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am currently on a trail version of Tacview. I am trying out the Realtime telemetry view but it shows nothing. The map is basically empty:

image.png

Is this available with the trail or am I doing something wrong?

my config for Tacview in options: 

[code]

["plugins"] = 
    {
        ["Tacview"] = 
        {
            ["tacviewExportPath"] = "",
            ["tacviewDebugMode"] = 0,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "sometopSecretPassword",
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
            ["tacviewAutoDiscardFlights"] = 10,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = false,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 2,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
        }, -- end of ["Tacview"]
    }, -- end of ["plugins"]

[/code]

Thanks for your time and help! 🙂

38 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Does anyone know why I cannot open trk files downloaded from this forum?

It pops up this error message:

image.png

I just downloaded the latest 1.8.7 version (didn`t buy it yet).

You're not supposed to open .trk files. You need to open the files that Tac generates. 

Normally located in /my docs/Tacview

I believe you can convert the trk files in game though by turning on one of the options in the settings page for tacview

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scared Donut said:

Hi, I am currently on a trail version of Tacview. I am trying out the Realtime telemetry view but it shows nothing. The map is basically empty:

Hi,

This should be working for you in the Demo.

In the file Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua do you see the following line:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

If it's not there please try adding it.

If this doesn't help please share your dcs log.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

This should be working for you in the Demo.

In the file Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua do you see the following line:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

If it's not there please try adding it.

If this doesn't help please share your dcs log.

Thank you! This worked. 

I didn't have the export file on my dedicated server. 

I am actually having a similar issue with pre-recorded files except only my jet shows up all other targets appear to be missing. 

image.png

My settings in game:

image.png

I've attached the tacview file for reference. 

Thanks for the help in advance! 🙂

Tacview-20220331-205315-DCS-Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) v2.zip.acmi

11 minutes ago, Scared Donut said:

I am actually having a similar issue with pre-recorded files except only my jet shows up all other targets appear to be missing. 

Hi,

Is it possible you are playing on a multiplayer server that does not allow object export, just player export?

If this doesn't help could you please share your DCS log.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scared Donut said:

You're not supposed to open .trk files. You need to open the files that Tac generates. 

Normally located in /my docs/Tacview

I believe you can convert the trk files in game though by turning on one of the options in the settings page for tacview

Oh, how stupid of me 😜 trk are track files, replays actually. Thx

9 minutes ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

Is it possible you are playing on a multiplayer server that does not allow object export, just player export?

If this doesn't help could you please share your DCS log.

I think that might've been the issue as well. Thank you! 😂

8 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Oh, how stupid of me 😜 trk are track files, replays actually. Thx

Cheers! Enjoy your tacview experience 🙂

• Like 1

Grateful....................... if someone could tell me exactly how i Uninstall this from my system.  No uninstaller at all, a cacophony of files installed all over the system.

So, how do i get it uninstalled exactly?

Thank you.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

4 minutes ago, [WF]-Templar said:

Grateful....................... if someone could tell me exactly how i Uninstall this from my system.  No uninstaller at all, a cacophony of files installed all over the system.

Hi, go to Windows Start Menu -> Add or remove programs to uninstall Tacview.

Hi there!

I'm sure I missed something along the way, but... I just installed 1.8.7, coming from 1.8.5, now all of my tracks are compressed by default. Have the option to disable compression been removed? I can't find it anymore in the Tacview option tab under DCS -> Options -> Special.

IIRC icons of enemy units used to simply disappear, if they were destroyed. Now I am seeing them remain in place and looking as fresh and alive as the day they left the factory.

Is there any way to get dead units to be represented by dead-unit icons? or barring that, that they disappear again?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Gianky said:

Hi there!

I'm sure I missed something along the way, but... I just installed 1.8.7, coming from 1.8.5, now all of my tracks are compressed by default. Have the option to disable compression been removed? I can't find it anymore in the Tacview option tab under DCS -> Options -> Special.

Hi, 

Currently, Tacview creates a compressed and non-compressed version of the flight simultaneously and if all goes well (i.e. DCS doesn't crash) the compressed version will be kept and the non-compressed version will be deleted. In the case of a crash or other issue, the non-compressed version will remain available so you will be able to replay whatever Tacview was able to record before the crash.

Of course you can always just extract the compressed version if you want to see the details. 

Considering all that, is there some other reason you want to disable compression?