Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Couldn't this be automated?  You could choose the offset or it could be set automatically according to that map 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

9 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi, it's the mission time from the simulator, but in Zulu. Optionally, you may change the time offset to match the time zone of the area where the mission is taking place. For example if you are flying the Caucasus map, put Time Offset -> UTC + 4 

That was my thought, but it didn’t seem to work that way. Mariana’s mission, so should be UTC + 10, but I needed an offset of +3:30 to match the local time in game. I can’t figure out why it’s this value?

Edited by norman99

14 hours ago, norman99 said:

That was my thought, but it didn’t seem to work that way. Mariana’s mission, so should be UTC + 10, but I needed an offset of +3:30 to match the local time in game. I can’t figure out why it’s this value?

Hi, I just tried this myself, launching a mission in Marianas with mission date and time of 21-JUNE 8h00 . Tacview showed a UTC time of 22h00 on 20-JUNE, so using a time offset of UTC + 10 brought me to 8h00 on 21-JUNE as expected. Can you share a mission file which is not working properly for you?

Tacview 1.8.8 is out!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

I know, it’s been six months since the last update… This is because I am now focused on Tacview 2 development: Currently working the brand new 2D/3D Vulkan/Metal renderer which – ultimately – should offer much higher performance compared to Tacview 1. Don’t know how much faster yet, but the goal is to be able to display millions synthetic buildings and trees on the ground, so any action taking place low and slow (from tanks to helicopters), will have a nicely detailed debriefing.

Meanwhile, in parallel, with the help of BuzyBee, we are continuing to update Tacview 1 content, fixing bugs, and developing news addons to help you with everyday flights as well as special events streaming.

I still cannot promise any release data for Tacview 2, be assured that I am working hard on it!

Happy flights!

Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

tacview188-boston-landing.png

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED CTRL + mouse wheel to zoom in and out on charts Y axis
  • ADDED objects colors can now be customized via Data-ObjectsColors.xml
  • ADDED support for Cyan and Yellow colored objects
  • ADDED support for DCS: AH-64D
  • ADDED new DCS World Syria Map terrain and runways
  • ADDED Mach number to X-Plane advanced telemetry
  • ADDED terrain & data layers options for ARMA 3 (no data is yet included)
  • ADDED support for grenades
  • ADDED remote controls API for C++/C#/Lua addons
  • ADDED Excel file import to the database builder addon
  • ADDED Control Zone add-on to display control zone of selected aircraft (for dogfighting)
  • ADDED Airboss add-on to display hits during real-time telemetry (later will display kills)
  • ADDED support for radar range gate properties & display
  • ADDED numerous entries to the database
  • IMPROVED media synchronization when playback is paused and during online debriefing
  • IMPROVED custom textures loading order is now the same as declaration order
  • IMPROVED lag spikes filtering in telemetry charts
  • IMPROVED X-Plane exporter is now using the most recent non leap year for current time instead of hardcoded one
  • IMPROVED csv importer now sets object name based on the csv filename
  • IMPROVED Korea & Balkans database and terrain for BMS 4.35.3
  • IMPROVED Terrain downloader addon by removing hardcoded path

FIXES

• FIXED helicopter vs plane type detection for X-Plane 11.30+
  • FIXED anticipatory trail display during real-time telemetry
  • FIXED beginning of speed curves in charts
  • FIXED visual oscillations during scrolling of some charts curves
  • FIXED flight-log names readability in some rare cases
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Is it possible to create a static object in an .xml that is selectable?
I've got the Nellis nav points add on and have added an additional point for the TACAN station so I can judge radials / DME, but as it's not selectable I can't use the 3D range / bearing display.
I can add an object from within Tacview, but then I need to add it each time I load a new file.

Maybe I'm just not creating the correct type of object in the .xml?

If it's not possible, is this something that could be considered in the future maybe?

Many thanks!

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible to add an option to switch between magnetic and true heading? I think it was once mentioned as possibly being added into a version update some years ago, but it doesn't look like it made it to the final cut.

Many thanks!

On 6/2/2022 at 5:38 PM, 480th-BRAVO said:

Is it possible to create a static object in an .xml that is selectable?
I've got the Nellis nav points add on and have added an additional point for the TACAN station so I can judge radials / DME, but as it's not selectable I can't use the 3D range / bearing display.
I can add an object from within Tacview, but then I need to add it each time I load a new file.

Hi,

Static objects are for display only, so they are not selectable. Adding an object or waypoint from within Tacview is the right idea. To avoid having to painstakingly add it each time you load a new file, you can create a mini ACMI file containing the waypoint, and load it at the same time as you are loading your file, using the File->Merge functionality. I have attached such a mini acmi file as an example.

mini-acmi-waypoint-example.txt.acmi

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 8:53 PM, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

Static objects are for display only, so they are not selectable. Adding an object or waypoint from within Tacview is the right idea. To avoid having to painstakingly add it each time you load a new file, you can create a mini ACMI file containing the waypoint, and load it at the same time as you are loading your file, using the File->Merge functionality. I have attached such a mini acmi file as an example.

Thank you for that! Very greatly appreciated!

Will there be the implementation of a distance from target or distance from secondary selected object available for telemetry export? It would be really helpful when trying to measure the effectiveness of missiles.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 9:31 AM, DSplayer said:

Will there be the implementation of a distance from target or distance from secondary selected object available for telemetry export? It would be really helpful when trying to measure the effectiveness of missiles.

Hi,

This is the kind of thing that we encourage users to calculate themselves in Excel (for example) using the exported data - the export feature is there so you can create your own custom reporting.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, 480th-BRAVO said:

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible to add an option to switch between magnetic and true heading? I think it was once mentioned as possibly being added into a version update some years ago, but it doesn't look like it made it to the final cut.

Sure we will take a look at this and add an option if feasible.

• Like 1

Announcing Tacview's SUMMER SALE 2022: 40% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from June 23rd to July 7th. https://tacview.net/purchase/

To upgrade from Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced at an equivalent discount, please contact us at support@tacview.net

Happy flying!

https://tacview.net/purchase/

tacview-summer-sale-2022-en.png

Edited by BuzyBee
Fixed Image
  • Thanks 1

Greetings,

TacView ist fantastic and I tried to export the logbook via the feature, using it with the phptacview to get a better understanding of the data and how to use it for my log books for the squad. There I discovered that it was not functional a 100%. There are a lot of errors shown for empty arrays.

Also, is there a way to implement the log for two-seaters? Or logging in general, to be able to show both views and who used what weapon and so on?

Best regards,

Ettl

On 6/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, Ettl said:

Greetings,

TacView ist fantastic and I tried to export the logbook via the feature, using it with the phptacview to get a better understanding of the data and how to use it for my log books for the squad. There I discovered that it was not functional a 100%. There are a lot of errors shown for empty arrays.

Also, is there a way to implement the log for two-seaters? Or logging in general, to be able to show both views and who used what weapon and so on?

Hi,

Last year I tried to fix the empty arrays errors in PHPTacview. Did you download the version I published on the website in August 2021? https://tacview.net/download/addons/

If there are still issues I don't know when I will get back to it - feel free to look at the code yourself of course.

I don't think we will have time to implement the log for 2-seaters anytime soon since it would be a lot of work for each cockpit. But thank you for the suggestion - we will keep it on  our list. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb BuzyBee:

Hi,

Last year I tried to fix the empty arrays errors in PHPTacview. Did you download the version I published on the website in August 2021? https://tacview.net/download/addons/

If there are still issues I don't know when I will get back to it - feel free to look at the code yourself of course.

I don't think we will have time to implement the log for 2-seaters anytime soon since it would be a lot of work for each cockpit. But thank you for the suggestion - we will keep it on  our list. 

Thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately I am not gifted in the language of code, but for me it still shows those errors with the updated version. 

And thank you for the heads up. 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:40 AM, Vyrtuoz said:

Whenever you press RAlt + B during your flight, DCS World exporter will insert a bookmark in the event log. These bookmarks are clearly identified in Tacview, so you should be able to quickly jump to one or another during your debriefing session.

I will add another shortcut to toggle data recording on the fly in a future update.

Hi, I can't make it work on multiplayer, only in single player.
Is that right?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Hi

I saw this info (Radial angle and Speed).

Is that a mod ? I'm looking on setting and I just find the over g's
Thanks

1.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, Colmillo said:

Hi, I can't make it work on multiplayer, only in single player.
Is that right?

Thanks

Oh, found it... 
2.png

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, Colmillo said:

Hi

I saw this info (Radial angle and Speed).

Is that a mod ? I'm looking on setting and I just find the over g's
Thanks

Hi,

This must be an add-on created by a member of the community using the Lua SDK.

Find out more about that here: https://github.com/RaiaSoftwareInc/tacview.add-ons.lua and here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\

Let me know if you have questions!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

This must be an add-on created by a member of the community using the Lua SDK.

Find out more about that here: https://github.com/RaiaSoftwareInc/tacview.add-ons.lua and here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\

Let me know if you have questions!

Thanks!
I will check

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, 480th-BRAVO said:

Hi,

Do you want the magnetic heading to be displayed in the HUD?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. I'm at my wits end. I've seen the other threads in here about it, and tried the fixes, and they work for a while, and then suddenly don't.

I have a dedicated server, and for some clients, they have a 10-minute delay, and some do not. I want no one to have a 10-minute delay. Options follow.

["Tacview"] = 
        {
            ["tacviewDebugMode"] = 0,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "xxxx",
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
            ["tacviewAutoDiscardFlights"] = 10,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 2,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 1,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
        }, -- end of ["Tacview"]

9 hours ago, Eihort said:

Okay. I'm at my wits end. I've seen the other threads in here about it, and tried the fixes, and they work for a while, and then suddenly don't.

I have a dedicated server, and for some clients, they have a 10-minute delay, and some do not. I want no one to have a 10-minute delay. Options follow.

["Tacview"] = 
        {
            ["tacviewDebugMode"] = 0,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "xxxx",
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
            ["tacviewAutoDiscardFlights"] = 10,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 2,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 1,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
        }, -- end of ["Tacview"]

Hi,

In order for no one to have a 10-minute delay, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword needs to be blank, i.e. 

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "",

(It is not possible to allow a user to have no 10-minute delay but to not have access to real-time telemetry, because this would be misleading, since it is basically the same thing)

Let me know if this helps

Well I didn't want to show that I don't have a password, but on the real server config it is blank. Still happens.

Some clients connect no problem. Some connect and receive a warning that tacview isn't installed on the server and imposes a 10 minute delay, which is of course patently false.