Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

7 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, wonder if someone can help identify why tacview is not recording? I have checked all settings with squad buddies, checked the export.lua, searched on my pc for possible other locations of the files all as per the FAQ, but to no avail. I have the standard version. 
let me know what information you need to diagnose. It used to work, I did a reinstall and it’s not worked since……

Here is latest log file

dcs.log 729.51 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

Your log indicates that the Tacview exporter module is disabled. In DCS go to Options → Special → Tacview and make sure the box Tacview Module Enabled is ticked.

Tacview Module Enabled.png

Hi, thanks, but I only turned that off the day before, I was duplicating settings from TIm Davies (FJP) who runs the server I fly on ( Shadowlands) and uses Tacview a lot for the school. I 100% have the same issue with it checked. 

There was nothing else in the long that looked wrong? Thanks again.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

9 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, thanks, but I only turned that off the day before, I was duplicating settings from TIm Davies (FJP) who runs the server I fly on ( Shadowlands) and uses Tacview a lot for the school. I 100% have the same issue with it checked. 

There was nothing else in the long that looked wrong? Thanks again.

Nothing else looks wrong in the log, but it is missing a lot of info since the module was turned off. If you share another log, with the module turned on, I will take another look.

Hi
since last 2.8 update , tacview is applying 10 min delay on my server, telemetry is enable without password, also tacviewPlaybackDelay is set to 0

tacview is installed on the server but we still see message in DCS chat that tacview in not install on host so 10 min delay will be apply

Is there any option i am missing? conf was not modified just DCS update

tacview.PNG

tacview_config.PNG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titi69 said:

Hi
since last 2.8 update , tacview is applying 10 min delay on my server, telemetry is enable without password, also tacviewPlaybackDelay is set to 0

tacview is installed on the server but we still see message in DCS chat that tacview in not install on host so 10 min delay will be apply

Is there any option i am missing? conf was not modified just DCS update

tacview.PNG

tacview_config.PNG

Hi, some of these options are the old options pre-Tacview 1.8.5. You need to use the new options as described here: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/User_Guide_–_DCS_World#Using_Tacview_with_DCS_World_Dedicated_Server

Start by copy-pasting the options from the config/options.lua of your DCS install to the DCS dedicated server install and adjust them as desired

Sorry I know it's a pain.

Let me know if you have more questions - if something is not working please share Tacview logs of server and client. 

Edited by BuzyBee
config/options.lua not config.lua

Hi thx for the answer , i still have the same issue after copy of options.lua from my DCS to the dedicated server (copy/paste is not son big pain :D)

as i said in previous message what i found strange is ti get message in DCS chat that tacview is not installed on host, so i think it is the reason the delay is applied, but i have made re-install eralier today

where can i found specific logs for tacview, i have enable debugmode to full but can't find file location , here is my new settings in options and DCS logs from server and clients

Just to add 1 more comment, i have this issue on my own server , and our squadron server which is also dedicated server has same issue, i have tried on both with new options with no luck

dcs - server.log dcs - client.log tacview_options.txt

Edited by titi69

Same issue on my dedicated server.  Have had no 10 minute delay for months.  After the patch getting the 10 minute delay.  Just to make sure I redid the options.lua as mentioned by BuzyBee several posts up and also re-installed Tacview but continue to get the delay.

4 hours ago, Raviar said:

is there anyway to enabling TacView while flying like BMS ?

Yes, just have Tacview open during your flight and go to Recording → Real Time Telemetry. Here are more detailed instructions: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/Real-Time_Telemetry:_DCS_World,_X-Plane,_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_%26_Prepare3D

3 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Yes, just have Tacview open during your flight and go to Recording → Real Time Telemetry. Here are more detailed instructions: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/Real-Time_Telemetry:_DCS_World,_X-Plane,_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_%26_Prepare3D

Thanks, but this requires to open the tacview and keep it open, as you know by pressing F1 the recording will be started in BMS, So If I disable TacView data recording in advance section in DCS due to save some FPS, is there similar approach inorder to enabling the recording without opening the tacview ?

6 minutes ago, Raviar said:

Thanks, but this requires to open the tacview and keep it open, as you know by pressing F1 the recording will be started in BMS, So If I disable TacView data recording in advance section in DCS due to save some FPS, is there similar approach inorder to enabling the recording without opening the tacview ?

I thought you were asking about real-time telemetry, but if you are simply looking to make recordings, you'll be happy to know that the Tacview exporter will automatically record any flight made in DCS World and place it by default in the Documents/Tacview/ folder. Tacview does not have to be open and you do not have to press any key. 

Hello guys

Since the release of the 2.8, i always got a message stating that the recording in delayed by 10 min. I usually play pve missions with my friends.

I never encounter that issue before.

I have checked all the options in the "special/Tacview" tab in the DCS options, checked the options in tacview itself, even uninstall/reinstall tacview but i still got that message.

is there anyone able to help me?

15 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

I thought you were asking about real-time telemetry, but if you are simply looking to make recordings, you'll be happy to know that the Tacview exporter will automatically record any flight made in DCS World and place it by default in the Documents/Tacview/ folder. Tacview does not have to be open and you do not have to press any key. 

exactly, thats the thing, I dont want it to record always, but record when commanded, in BMS player can press F1 key and tacview start recording in the mid flight whenever F1 key pressed, can we have such functionality in DCS?
the problem with recording always on is:
1. reduce FPS
2. reduce lifespan of SSD
3. consume size and needs cleanup 
4. not always in every single flight every single pilot needs acmi

I am using adv version of Tacview for years now, i dont want to disable it in special setting if I need more FPS, I would prefer to keep it on, but Tacview start recording only if commanded to do so, thatt would be great if we can have such functionality 🙂 Thanks 

Edited by Raviar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Husker.fr said:

Hello guys

Since the release of the 2.8, i always got a message stating that the recording in delayed by 10 min. I usually play pve missions with my friends.

I never encounter that issue before.

I have checked all the options in the "special/Tacview" tab in the DCS options, checked the options in tacview itself, even uninstall/reinstall tacview but i still got that message.

is there anyone able to help me?

its a known issue and is being investigated

1 hour ago, Husker.fr said:

just to close the subject, after today's update, i don't have the issue anymore.

I still have the issue after the update! Would you be so kind as to share a server and client log of an instance where you don't have the issue? Maybe it will help our investigation.

10 hours ago, Raviar said:

exactly, thats the thing, I dont want it to record always, but record when commanded, in BMS player can press F1 key and tacview start recording in the mid flight whenever F1 key pressed, can we have such functionality in DCS?
the problem with recording always on is:
1. reduce FPS
2. reduce lifespan of SSD
3. consume size and needs cleanup 
4. not always in every single flight every single pilot needs acmi

I am using adv version of Tacview for years now, i dont want to disable it in special setting if I need more FPS, I would prefer to keep it on, but Tacview start recording only if commanded to do so, thatt would be great if we can have such functionality 🙂 Thanks 

Finally I understand what you mean! That's a good idea, I am adding it to our list. Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuzyBee said:

I still have the issue after the update! Would you be so kind as to share a server and client log of an instance where you don't have the issue? Maybe it will help our investigation.

Arf i spoke too soon tacview works well on the first connection, but thQe message is back again.

Screen_221102_215307.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Hey everyone we just received word that the 10-minute delay issue on the dedicated servers should be resolved with the next open beta update of DCS! 

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

Hopefully the next update is soon.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg