Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.9.1 is now available!

https://tacview.net/download/

Improved CSV file support, updated databases, and fixed rare crashes on some AMD GPUs.

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED IL-2 fakefield objects are now displayed in the 3D view
  • ADDED command line option /MSAA:false to turn on/off x4 anti-aliasing
  • IMPROVED CSV files support
  • IMPROVED Anticipatory trail is now off by default
  • IMPROVED IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Normandy texture map coordinates
  • IMPROVED Korea database and terrain for BMS 4.37.1
  • IMPROVED Path α    has been renamed to γ to match NASA documentation
  • IMPROVED Fuel export for the DCS: A-10C II

FIXES

• FIXED Rare crash with some AMD GPU & Intel IGPU
  • FIXED Invalid reference mission time (regression)
  • Like 2

Additional info on the target placement issue: Contrary to what I expressed above, the problem does seem to be limited to certain aircraft in that it does not occur with the F-16. See below.

I still don’t understand what‘s going on.

15 hours ago, Stickler said:

Additional info on the target placement issue: Contrary to what I expressed above, the problem does seem to be limited to certain aircraft in that it does not occur with the F-16. See below.

I still don’t understand what‘s going on.

Got it! We are investigating.

22 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Got it! We are investigating.

OK, so I'm 99% sure now that Tacview works correctly. The issue was the weird and prehistoric way the F-14 and Mirage F1 HUDs function (see the post I linked above). Sorry for the additional work.

Edited by Stickler

On 4/9/2023 at 6:52 AM, Stickler said:

OK, so I'm 99% sure now that Tacview works correctly. The issue was the weird and prehistoric way the F-14 and Mirage F1 HUDs function (see the post I linked above). Sorry for the additional work.

Thanks for the follow up. We will take a look at it anyway just to be sure.

Reporting another issue related to the F-14, but this time it looks as if the problem is really on the Tacview side:

When selecting the different F-14 M61A1 ammunition types in the mission editor, the following ammunition is shot as per Tacview:

• 20 mm HEI: M56A3_HE_RED
  • 20 mm API: M53_AP_RED
  • 20 mm AP&HE: M56A3_HE_RED
  • 20 mm TP: M55A2_TP_RED

According to my post 

in the F-14 bug forum, everything SHOULD be correct on the F-14 module's side.

I'd appreciate if you guys could check your code, maybe there's a simple typo that causes the issue.

Edited by Stickler

2 hours ago, Stickler said:

Reporting another issue related to the F-14, but this time is looks as if the problem is really on the Tacview side:

When selecting the different F-14 M61A1 ammunition types in the mission editor, the following ammunition is shot as per Tacview:

• 20 mm HEI: M56A3_HE_RED
  • 20 mm API: M53_AP_RED
  • 20 mm AP&HE: M56A3_HE_RED
  • 20 mm TP: M55A2_TP_RED

According to my post 

in the F-14 bug forum, everything SHOULD be correct on the F-14 module's side.

I'd appreciate if you guys could check your code, maybe there's a simple typo that causes the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please share an ACMI file or files where an F-14 fires 20 mm HEI and 20 mm AP&HE (the two which are confused)? Not every bullet is in the Tacview database. Probably I just need to add one or both of those.

As for your other questions, I can confirm that all bullets are displayed the same in Tacview, including impact effects. Also there is no ballistic effect in Tacview - any ricochet must be coming from the simulator.

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed the following discrepancy in 1.9.1 (not sure if it existed before) which is best explained watching the attached .acmi:

When the aircraft is in a pull-up, the pitch as indicated by the HUD view aircraft symbol and the "Pitch" value in the Telemetry window seem to match exactly, which is as expected.

Conversely, the γ value seems to lag the flight path marker quite a bit.

For example, when the flight path marker in the attached .acmi reaches 20° nose up, the γ value is approximately 17,8°. Shouldn't these values be the same?

Which is the "correct" indicator for the physical flight path of the aircraft, the γ or the position of the flight path marker?

pull-up.acmi

Edited by Stickler

• 2 weeks later...

On the Enigma Cold War server, Tavcview only records my own aircraft and nothing else. Other servers are “normal” in TacView recordings. Is this something a server side setting can stipulate?  Or is something else causing this?

On the Enigma Cold War server, Tavcview only records my own aircraft and nothing else. Other servers are “normal” in TacView recordings. Is this something a server side setting can stipulate?  Or is something else causing this?
The F views are blocked.
I don't remember from the top of my head, but you have to rename the trk to miz, open it in Winzip, open a file inside and change some text. Close it. Rename back to trk.
Then the views are available.
Search for it and you'll find the complete procedure.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Stain said:

Yes, it is a server side setting.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

Tacview 1.9.2 is available now!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023
• Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
• File Size: 750.4 MB

To help you wait during Tacview 2 development, here is a brand-new maintenance update for Tacview 1.9.

As always, with better support for your favorite flight simulators as well as real life data. There are also minor improvements to the stability and performances based on your feedback.

We thank you for your precious feedback. Your requests and suggestions are always taken into consideration. While some might not make it into Tacview 1, they are certainly considered to be part of Tacview 2 from the ground up.

Speaking of Tacview 2: The new architecture, multiplatform UI and Vulkan renderer are now running well (including Linux). We are currently working on the brand-new terrain engine. This is the last difficult point of the project to “prototype”. After that, everything should take shape more quickly. We are eager to reach a point where we can deliver a first closed alpha to begin large scale testing and feedback gathering.

Fly safe!
Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

tacview-192-nttr.png

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED Inclinometer (slip indicator) cockpit instrument
• ADDED tacviewPlaybackDelay custom option for DCS World servers (60, 120, 300, 600, 1200, 1800 sec)
• ADDED DCS: Normandy 2 terrain and airfields
• ADDED RPM and Throttle #2 to X-Plane advanced telemetry

• IMPROVED Korea database and terrain for BMS 4.37.2
• IMPROVED DCS2ACMI debug log

FIXES

• FIXED real-time telemetry disconnect would not always work
• FIXED real-time telemetry was auto-retrying on wrong password
• FIXED corrupted A-10 3D model (regression)
• FIXED multiple errors and oversights in the SDK documentation

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 6
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

15 hours ago, Vyrtuoz said:

To help you wait during Tacview 2 development, here is a brand-new maintenance update for Tacview 1.9.

As always, with better support for your favorite flight simulators as well as real life data. There are also minor improvements to the stability and performances based on your feedback.

We thank you for your precious feedback. Your requests and suggestions are always taken into consideration. While some might not make it into Tacview 1, they are certainly considered to be part of Tacview 2 from the ground up.

Speaking of Tacview 2: The new architecture, multiplatform UI and Vulkan renderer are now running well (including Linux). We are currently working on the brand-new terrain engine. This is the last difficult point of the project to “prototype”. After that, everything should take shape more quickly. We are eager to reach a point where we can deliver a first closed alpha to begin large scale testing and feedback gathering.

Fly safe!
Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

tacview-192-nttr.png

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED tacviewPlaybackDelay custom option for DCS World servers (60, 120, 300, 600, 1200, 1800 sec)

FIXES

Awesome, thanks for the update and especially for the dev update on TacView2. I'm really looking forward to that! :thumbup:

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 6/8/2023 at 10:26 PM, Vyrtuoz said:

Fly safe!
Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

tacview-192-nttr.png

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

FIXES

Awesome! A small question if I may.. I noticed late-activated groups of naval vessels are exported to Tacview, even if they are not activated during the mission. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

On 6/17/2023 at 5:03 AM, BarTzi said:

Awesome! A small question if I may.. I noticed late-activated groups of naval vessels are exported to Tacview, even if they are not activated during the mission. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Can you please share a mission file and an ACMI file? Send it to support@tacview.net if you like. 

Hey there! I have an issue with my live telemetry. Time is not passing, freezed. Its definitely not paused, but time stays the same. It will change if I disco/reco to the live telemetry, but it won't sync. at all.
Seems to be an issue only with this instance. I have 4 other instances running on this machine, and all others are good.

Scripts are the same as the others, ports are different as the others and forwarded (tried with the same ports as others too, to be sure it wasn't it), tried with and without password.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:27 AM, BuzyBee said:

If Analysis -> Playback Control Bar is selected and you can't find the playback control bar anywhere, try deleting the windows settings in the Registry Editor here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raia Software Inc.\Tacview (beta)\Local\Windows

Since the latest update the playback control bar appears as a seperate window. I have thried the above however I have the steam version so my registry files are different (no \Tacview (beta)\Local\Windows..

Any ideas?

14 hours ago, Voodoo 1-1 said:

Since the latest update the playback control bar appears as a seperate window. I have thried the above however I have the steam version so my registry files are different (no \Tacview (beta)\Local\Windows..

Any ideas?

If you use the mouse to drag the Playback Connulltrol Window around, symbols winullll appear in the 3D view as illustrated in the screenshot. Drag the window to the indicated symbol symbol to dock the window in its default position. Let me know how it goes!null

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Question, the server we hire uses Tacview ver. 1.8.8.200
As a Client, I use 1.9.2; that matters?
or the server must be updated?

thank you

(BTW, we haven't had any problems this way)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

1 hour ago, Colmillo said:

Hello

Question, the server we hire uses Tacview ver. 1.8.8.200
As a Client, I use 1.9.2; that matters?
or the server must be updated?

thank you

(BTW, we haven't had any problems this way)

Hi,

It's always best for client and server to be fully up to date in order to take advantage of recent bug fixes and new features, but in general there is no reason why it wouldn't work if the client and server have different versions.

As long as you are not having any issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

It's always best for client and server to be fully up to date in order to take advantage of recent bug fixes and new features, but in general there is no reason why it wouldn't work if the client and server have different versions.

As long as you are not having any issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

OK, thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder