Weird Bug - F-15 Starts Damaged

Sabre-TLA

There is a weird bug that is happening on a user's system that I can't reproduce.

Attached is the trk file and the mission file that generates it.

It appears that on mission start the F-15C does a weird bounce and that trips the damage

model.

You will see if you look at the mission it is very simple (only one trigger running continuous to report if the aircraft is damaged).

We have tried start up in different locations and the same thing occurs.

There are no additional mods installed and the user's version of DCS World is 1.2.14.36041.

This occurs with the "Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS controls at Mission Start" set to either on or off.

It's not reproducible on my system so hoping the ED Devs could review the mission and trk and comment.

test.trk

F-15C -Test Start-Up.miz

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Not looking at any of the attached info but is the player's aircraft starting near any AI aircraft? Maybe there's a conflict in which the player spawns into another plane.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

We checked that. It's just an empty mission with the plane starting from the ramp spot.

It's a very strange error. Something is triggering the damage model (wind maybe) but we are using default weather settings and it's not reproducible at least on my system.

Try the mission on your system and let us know if you see the Aircraft is Damaged message.

If it happens it will be immediately after the mission starts (watch the trk).

Weird.... When I tried the .miz, it worked fine but the jets were lined up in the red octagons. When I played your track, they were off to the side. May be something client side or something, not sure.

• Like 1

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Yeah, probably something like that or maybe a line missing in a .lua file, who knows....

Steve (Slick)

• 2 weeks later...

We were able to reproduce the issue in DCS World 1.2.14.36041

If the IMMORTAL option is set in the GAMEPLAY menu settings then the damage trigger reports that the aircraft is damaged on mission start.

The damaged trigger should not report the aircraft is damaged if IMMORTAL is enabled.