Virtual Area 51 -

MK-82_1_EACH

I have a good amount of spare hosting space going to waste, and to promote DCS and Virtual Squadrons, as well as this might be a fun thing to do for the community, I have created:

Virtual-Area-51.com

Virtual Area 51 is an top-list directory for virtual flight squadrons for advertisement, recruiting or just to add another layer to expand visibility/promotion of their community while engaged with simulation software, such as Digital Combat Simulator.

Welcome are other sites of interest to the DCS community and have category coverage for those areas. There are categories for those other sims, so friendly competition might evolve. Regardless, anything unfriendly in nature will not be permitted.

There are no costs and the intent is for this site to remain free. Many features that other top-list or ranking sites charge extra for, are for items aligned with increased visibility or features like bigger banners and social links etc.

Obviously the site has a ranking system and back link buttons will be offered as well as an text anchor. Back links are not required but appreciated. There is a gateway function to limit abuse of the ranking system.

There is forum for support if needed.

Below are some sample views.

va51_full_zpsltztvlah.png

va51_full2_zpsor6ymnzb.png

Gateway

va51_full3_zps6fatnzdw.png

Back link buttons offered..

std.jpg

1.jpg

For issues - there is a forum for support - http://forum.virtual-area-51.com/index.php

Keep it legitimate and keep it fun :thumbup:

Semper Fi

BTW - If this is not appropriate then please delete or move.

Edited by MK-82_1_EACH
Add support link....
  • Like 2

12-inch-Red-aviation-ordnance-logo-sticker-with-IYAOYAS-banner.png

Thanks for putting this together.

I've tried to add my site but that captcha kept rejecting entries...

Hmm - I have not had any issues with it with my testing but, just in case what browser you using, so I can see if I can duplicate it.

I can create an account for you and pm you a temp password then you can do the rest.

This looks like a nice start!

However, I have no clue on how to add the code to my phpbb site...?

Probably if you don't know how to modify the templates in phpbb, look for an ad mod or even better a portal mod which you can put the backlink code in a block. Portals make this sort of thing easier if you don't want to hack on your board.

Board 3 or Kiss Portal Engine are ones that come to mind for portals. But a simple ad mod would suffice to create a block and you put the back link code in.

Hmm - I have not had any issues with it with my testing but, just in case what browser you using, so I can see if I can duplicate it.

I can create an account for you and pm you a temp password then you can do the rest.

Thanks but I've tried again from my laptop and it worked just fine. I guess something was not right on my Android browser.

Is it possible to make a listing generate a normal link as 'nofollow' links are not very good when it comes to SEO?

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Thanks but I've tried again from my laptop and it worked just fine. I guess something was not right on my Android browser.

Is it possible to make a listing generate a normal link as 'nofollow' links are not very good when it comes to SEO?

Actually removing 'nofollow' are in violation of google policy

Excessive link exchanges ("Link to me and I'll link to you") or partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en&hl=en&rd=1

I will take a look @ android with my devices..

Thanks

Edited by MK-82_1_EACH