what would be a better purchase?

X55 and combat rudder pedals + homemade headtracker. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

They are very cheap I think. To me it's OK even non-HD webcam.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

X55 and TrackIR

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Agreed......Track IR is a game changer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Depends what you fly? I would say pedals are less important on fixed wing/fast jets, but are a must-have for Heli's.

Trackir will improve your whole experience (and release a HOTAS hat that you'll otherwise have to use as view control), so I would start with that. By the time you've got used to the trackIR, you'll be ready for the pedals.

Get trackIr 5.

There is no turning back after.

I had it for years now and never regret that i got one.

I cant stand playing DCS without it anymore. :p .

Just a side note about it thought, the can be verry fragile.

i had to glue mine once but nothing some glue and tape cant fix :p

if you have a stick like x52+ or someting you can have your rudder on the z axis on the stick.

Edited by Lumax

X-55 + TrackIR5. I've actually never had pedals, twist works just fine once you're used to it. Given you're asking this question, I'm going to assume you've been using twist on a lesser stick and thus that won't be a problem.

With that said, be sure to pick up a little tub of Silicone grease and a powered USB to go with the X-55. Pitch, roll and yaw are all very sticky out of the box. You'll need to lube the shaft, plate and the top of the screw thing that holds the stick on if you want it silky smooth. But don't worry, that stuff is dirt cheap and one tub will last a few lifetimes. Lubing the stick couldn't be easier either.

The powered USB is so the X-55 will actually work. The X-55, especially combined with TIR, uses too much power for the typical back panel on a PC. So either an internal powered USB hub or an external one will likely be needed to avoid ghost button presses and other problems. Not everyone needs them, but it is a common enough problem that I'd recommend saving yourself the shipping fee and getting a powered USB hub at the same time. And hey, who doesn't need more USB slots right?

X-55 + TrackIR5. I've actually never had pedals, twist works just fine once you're used to it. Given you're asking this question, I'm going to assume you've been using twist on a lesser stick and thus that won't be a problem.

With that said, be sure to pick up a little tub of Silicone grease and a powered USB to go with the X-55. Pitch, roll and yaw are all very sticky out of the box. You'll need to lube the shaft, plate and the top of the screw thing that holds the stick on if you want it silky smooth. But don't worry, that stuff is dirt cheap and one tub will last a few lifetimes. Lubing the stick couldn't be easier either.

The powered USB is so the X-55 will actually work. The X-55, especially combined with TIR, uses too much power for the typical back panel on a PC. So either an internal powered USB hub or an external one will likely be needed to avoid ghost button presses and other problems. Not everyone needs them, but it is a common enough problem that I'd recommend saving yourself the shipping fee and getting a powered USB hub at the same time. And hey, who doesn't need more USB slots right?

Yes I have a Logitech 3d joystick with the twist currently. It does not have enough buttons so I have only used the tutorial for takeoff standard flight a d landing.

I was planning on purchasing a powered USB3.0 hub as I needed it because I am out of ports. I will also try and find some silicon grease or other plastic lube.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]