The Enemy Within SP Campaign FULL for A10C

Is this campaign fully compatible and tested on 1.2.15?

And also, how good i must know A-10C to play it? medium? expert?

Missions are far from impossible in terms of objectives, SAM saturation and number of targets to be dealt with. You're not supposed to destroy tank platoon with two-ship flight. You will need, however, a decent knowledge of avionics, including CDU and good flying skills.

What makes this campaign challenging at times is the environment and "unplanned" events. I have not completed it yet, but then there were few missions in the end of part one which made me literally sweat and chain-smoke a few cigarettes after returning to base.

The satisfaction from accomplishment, however was great. I have not yet played the official DLC campaign, so cannot compare quality, however I would definitely buy any other campaigns made by baltic_dragon if they are done with the same level and quality :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missions are far from impossible in terms of objectives, SAM saturation and number of targets to be dealt with. You're not supposed to destroy tank platoon with two-ship flight. You will need, however, a decent knowledge of avionics, including CDU and good flying skills.

What makes this campaign challenging at times is the environment and "unplanned" events. I have not completed it yet, but then there were few missions in the end of part one which made me literally sweat and chain-smoke a few cigarettes after returning to base.

The satisfaction from accomplishment, however was great. I have not yet played the official DLC campaign, so cannot compare quality, however I would definitely buy any other campaigns made by baltic_dragon if they are done with the same level and quality :)

Thanks Andrei, really nice to hear you like it :)

I will try to make sure that future missions and campaigns will only be getting better. Can't wait for EDGE to come, in fact, I have lots of ideas but am restraining myself - big SP/MP mission I am currently working on will most probably be last one released for the current version (and probably transferred to DCS 2.0 and Strait of Hormuz when they come out)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Great job Baltic! I just started the campaign and I'm enjoying it this far.

It all started great in mission one with one of the other A-10:s doing a taran on me while landing resulting in my pilot losing all stats because of fratricide...

Mission two was interesting...

Got really surprised when the missile warning started beeping. Thank god I didn't keep the CMS system on standby! I managed to evade two IR-missiles. With the low altitude I had I believe it had more to do with luck and a bad shooter than my evasive actions. I got pissed, quickly gained altitude and returned to base.

I haven't succeded in mission three yet. Got some questions regarding that one:

First of all I did the offset wrong. Never managed to do offset from bullseye but did it from "Init Pos". Got that sorted out now by checking some you-tube videos.

The question though... You are supposed to tune in on UZI:s frequency (AM128MHz was it?) and wait for their call. I never heard anything... First of all I was in the wrong area due to my offset-problem; I guess range could be a problem. But do I have to do some other settings on the radio? Is it enough to tune in the right freq. on the VHF AM radio to recieve the call or do I have to change the left dial to "Emergency AM" or something?

Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to get back in the seat!

I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad.

Great job Baltic! I just started the campaign and I'm enjoying it this far.

It all started great in mission one with one of the other A-10:s doing a taran on me while landing resulting in my pilot losing all stats because of fratricide...

Mission two was interesting...

Got really surprised when the missile warning started beeping. Thank god I didn't keep the CMS system on standby! I managed to evade two IR-missiles. With the low altitude I had I believe it had more to do with luck and a bad shooter than my evasive actions. I got pissed, quickly gained altitude and returned to base.

I haven't succeded in mission three yet. Got some questions regarding that one:

First of all I did the offset wrong. Never managed to do offset from bullseye but did it from "Init Pos". Got that sorted out now by checking some you-tube videos.

The question though... You are supposed to tune in on UZI:s frequency (AM128MHz was it?) and wait for their call. I never heard anything... First of all I was in the wrong area due to my offset-problem; I guess range could be a problem. But do I have to do some other settings on the radio? Is it enough to tune in the right freq. on the VHF AM radio to recieve the call or do I have to change the left dial to "Emergency AM" or something?

Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to get back in the seat!

Hey, I am really glad you enjoy the campaign! :)

As for the first spoiler, no comment, but that was exactly the effect I was hoping to achieve in this mission :)

As for the second one, my answer below:

The offset setting is important part of that mission. Remember, that you can also use your TAD to find a bulls call - just hook the bullseye on your TAD, press OSB 16 or 17 a few times until you get to "hook - cursor" or "bulls - cursor" and then move the cursor to the desired spot (you can see the offset in the bottom-right corner of your TAD) and create a markpoint there (with TMS right short). Voila, you are good to go!

As for hearing Uzi, you need to get in range. Radio transmission means that sound quality degrades or dissapears with distance and is masked by terrain, and since Uzi is in a valley you have to get closer to hear him. He is transmititng his distress call every 10-15 seconds until you hear him and acknowledge that (with F10). It is enough to tune to correct frequency and get in range. Good luck and let me know how it went!

Great Campaign!!! best I've played in the A10...

But.................

I'm stuck on Op Hammerfall part 3.

The cloud base is below most of the mountains and If I go below I can't get LOS on the target.

I've been diving through the cloud using the TAD map and hoping I don't hit the ground. This has been one of the most stressful days of my life!!!

I've watched Ralfi's video but his cloudbase was 11500' in my missions it's 8500'

Any tips??

Edited by Domestos

The cloud base is below most of the mountains and If I go below I can't get LOS on the target.

I've been diving through the cloud using the TAD map and hoping I don't hit the ground. This has been one of the most stressful days of my life!!!

Any tips??

That's definitely one of the most challenging missions I've flown in the A-10C. :)

Using the TAD, you should be able to find valleys where it's safe to descend below the clouds.

I like to scout the target area, which means I'll do multiple passes and try to use the terrain to my advantage so I'm shielded from the SAM or, if it fires off a missile, I'll be behind the next mountain before it can hit me.

I like to create markpoints on my targets, using the laser to make sure the position is accurate. With the GBU-38s, it's easy to climb back to safe altitude, drop them on the markpoints (the bunkers are the primary targets IIRC, but it definitely helps to kill the SAM ASAP) and then get back down below the clouds to asses the damage and maybe use Mavs to mop up remaining targets.

In an earlier version of the mission, the player aircraft had Mk-82, but under the circumstances they were next to useless and I think it's a good choice by Baltic Dragon to replace them with GBU-38s (which I also strongly suggested during testing :D).

Is there an error with one of the briefings? If so I'd like to correct it on the website.

Mission 3 briefing . "they made a direct attack on US Army"

Should read something like "They made a direct attack on the U.S. military"

I've watched Ralfi's video but his cloudbase was 11500' in my missions it's 8500'

Any tips??

If I may add to what Yurgon said (who is an expert in this mission, as it was really extensively tested by him :smilewink: ):

if you anchor south from your target, you will be able to spot most of the targets and create mark points overhead or use mavericks to take them out. Or, after marking them, you can easily drop JDAMs on them. Also, when you get rid of MANPADs and SAM, your wingman should succeed in taking out the ZU-23. After that it is a piece of cake. Hope this helps!

Was playing this last night. Mission 3(downed chopper): I was unable to hear anything UZI said, however when I asked them to pop smoke they did (no reply) and whenever I asked them to confirm position my own voice responded to them like they had said something but they didn't.

I didn't manually tune into them (I realized after) so maybe the scripting needs to be changed?

Great fun so far though. One thing that would have been really handy:

a CBU for the mosque :P In the end though I just emptied all my cannon into it and the surrounding area. Hey, you said collateral damage was not a concern!!

Was playing this last night. Mission 3(downed chopper): I was unable to hear anything UZI said, however when I asked them to pop smoke they did (no reply) and whenever I asked them to confirm position my own voice responded to them like they had said something but they didn't.

I didn't manually tune into them (I realized after) so maybe the scripting needs to be changed?

Great fun so far though. One thing that would have been really handy:

a CBU for the mosque :P In the end though I just emptied all my cannon into it and the surrounding area. Hey, you said collateral damage was not a concern!!

Hey Arcto,

You didn't hear anything, because you didn't tune to their frequency (as you said). It is done on purpose (more realistic that way!), so make sure you check the mission briefings and follow the instructions given by Overlord, you always need to have your correct radio tuned into the correct freq (as you would in real life).

As for the spoliler.. LOL :) iirc it was there in one of the first versions of the mission... :)

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the quick response :)

What I meant was, I could not hear them but my own 'voice' was still talking to them when I used F10 and they popped smoke when asked (even though I was not tuned to them). Is there a way for you to make them non-responsive unless you are tuned to their freq?

Hey thanks for the quick response :)

What I meant was, I could not hear them but my own 'voice' was still talking to them when I used F10 and they popped smoke when asked (even though I was not tuned to them). Is there a way for you to make them non-responsive unless you are tuned to their freq?

Hmm, I can't think of any... so for the time being I will have to leave it as it is and hope for players to remember to tune in to correct frequency :D

I believe right now it's not possible to do that, although it would be great.

The F10 radio commands are always available, regardless of whether the aircraft's radios are powered up or tuned to the correct frequency.

Come to think of it... it might be possible to simulate correct behavior by checking if the radio is tuned to the right frequency by using the "X: COCKPIT ARGUMENT/PARAM/INDICATION" family of conditions.

Using scripting, it might be a little bit easier once a solid comms foundation is programmed, but programming this "foundation" would require a lot of hard work and most probably it wouldn't be easy to use, so even if someone did release that as a library, mission designers would still need to get into it, probably learn a lot of Lua-related stuff and program their own, individual comms logic into the mission.

In any case, the amount of work required on behalf of the mission designer would be ridiculously high, and it would make more sense if ED "simply" added the possibility to branch F10 commands into "Always available" and "Use radio X or frequency Y".

I can't speak for Baltic Dragon here, but I think you should just tune to the right frequency as instructed by the mission (and yeah, during testing I sometimes forgot to do that, but never more than once per mission :D).

...It is enough to tune to correct frequency and get in range. Good luck and let me know how it went!

It went better this time... It helps getting the offset right! :)

Too bad you cannot revert the mission though... Im not happy with the result as I had to bail because of stupid decisions. Well well, on to the next mission...

I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad.

It went better this time... It helps getting the offset right! :)

Too bad you cannot revert the mission though... Im not happy with the result as I had to bail because of stupid decisions. Well well, on to the next mission...

You could always edit the logbook to revert you to any mission in the campaign. I sometimes do that when there's something wrong with the campaign or some other, external problem forces me to refly an old mission or advances me too quickly (I'm not talking about the Enemy Within campaign, but about campaigns in general).

The file is Saved Games\DCS\Mission Editor\logbook.lua

Of course one should always create a backup before editing.

Good idea, Yurgon!

A word of explanation - as the campaign is story - driven I thought it would be best (in most cases, not all of them) to push it forward when most of the objectives are met, even if player needs to eject afterwards. I am against forcing players to replay missions if they don't utterly fail. Still, it might be something to consider to add a trigger forcing to replay the mission if the player ejects. I will think about it & I am looking forward to your ideas / thoughts.

Absolutely amazing missions I have flow one through four. But I had an issue with hearing (I think it was the) UZI flight in the third mission thought I screwed up the radio's so jumped in to mission 4 but had the same issue. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, I could not get UZI's audio in any I flew. I was tuned to 251 UHF (and could hear fine) and (IIRC) 128 VHF AM.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...