Angle of side console

weeb

Deadman, need your help again. I have been using dimebugs plans to cut the right and left console but I have an issue with the maths. Sin/Cos and Tan, in dimebugs plans he puts the angle between outer console and inner console at 18 degrees. His stencils are at 13 degrees and maths says 20 degrees. What is the correct angle between the consoles?

:helpsmilie:

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Plans for the consoles will be available shortly The cockpit plans are mow in alpha builds one here in the states and one in the EU as soon as any bugs are worked out plans will be available for purchase .

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Plans for the consoles will be available shortly The cockpit plans are mow in alpha builds one here in the states and one in the EU as soon as any bugs are worked out plans will be available for purchase .

ahh kk I understand, just I have already cut all my wood, just needed the angle' looks like an early bonfire night :(

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

seems a bit of a waste:

cropped.jpg

But hey Ho just another f ucked up part to my week.

Weeb - go with your maths, what's a few degrees ?

Edit ( as long as it all fits :D )

Edited by Extranajero

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

That is the problem with dimebugs and every ones else plans and why I have spent countless hour drawing. Every thing fits and is correct in my plans based on my Trainer.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Actually Dimebug was spot on, it was me who had screwed up. Here's the redone calcs.

planwadz002.jpg

Hum I like that word "actually" my nephews use it a lot . Not to make like or fun of you i really like the word its meaning does not apply to Dimebug's work though witch I do admire.

actually adverb 1. as an actual or existing fact; really.

His own description of his work "

This is not a 100% realistic cockpit, i don't have access to the real plane (no A-10 C in France..) and cannot guarantee the exact dimensions (i may be pretty close but...). "

For any of his dimensions to be correct he would need several known measurements for his math . He does not there for his answers cannot be correct.

Witch means nothing if your going to slap together some thing just to fly in. If you want a replica that real parts will fit in well if you can wait a week or two you will have it.

Deadman, why are you poking me over semantics, I could pick you up on "Witch" should be which. You have been a great help to me, you don't have to justify yourself in any shape or form to me. You sometimes come across: in this forum as verging on rude. Go check verging on, I'm sure you can find an issue. I for one appreciate your help, but don't talk to me like i am a piece of shit on your heel.

weeb

I do apologize no insult was intended and i did not intend on speaking down to you or be rude.

Okey Dokey, matter is resolved.Maybe I'm a bit fragile. You are a huge benefit to these forums and I appreciate your input, I know you spend a lot of time in the background, helping others. Consider this matter closed. You are still on my Christmas class list. Stay frosty. :):thumbup:

[quote=Deadman;2325527

Witch means nothing if your going to slap together some thing just to fly in. If you want a replica that real parts will fit in well if you can wait a week or two you will have it.

Weeb lives in Scotland, he'll never be able to get any real parts because they are controlled under the ITAR regulations.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I can think of O2 regulator, TACAN, IFF. Many panels are A-10 specific so even finding them in the US is a huge challenge. For instruments a good looking ADI, VVI, Altimeter. Some smaller generic tube instruments can have face plates changed for EMI. And nearly every switch can be purchased individually including magnetic switches.