Pizza boy mission discussion thread

sondo214

Ok, this is my very first mission, so I apologize for any problems that may arrise in it.

I have tried my best so every comment will be gladly accepted.

The mission will require some very serious flying skills, particularly spot landings. There is very little room for errors...

I say no more... Also paying real attention to your copilot and radio messages will be of paramount importance...

I have uploaded in the missions section here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2325392#post2325392

You can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4pwjb2bsdvvekl/Pizza%20Boy.miz?dl=0

Waiting for your thoughts,

Hope you enjoy it

Thanks

Edited by sondo214

Hi I am afraid I don't use kneeboard for navigation only vfr and ifr. Sorry I personally consider it too unrealistic for my flying. Stick a radio beacon or even a direction and distance to travel.

also the amount of units on the map seems overly large :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi I am afraid I don't use kneeboard for navigation only vfr and ifr. Sorry I personally consider it too unrealistic for my flying. Stick a radio beacon or even a direction and distance to travel.

also the amount of units on the map seems overly large :)

The amount of units on the map are huge because a medium scale exersise is going on. If some frined lave big fps drops due to them I can lower them a bit if you want

As for the kneaboard I do not concider it unrealistic. I mean it's a map that you have plotted before flight the route you are going to fly. It's a VFR tool after all. We all have maps with us when we fly in RL. Unrealistic is the key combination that plots your heli location on the map. Don't use that one. Only the map as VRF tool.

Radio beacons are used later in the mission because various tasks arise that were not sceduled before start (in the briefing) so you are not prepared for them and do not know where they are located. The Camp location is known from before flight and as a Good Captain you have your copilot draw on his/yours map the know location on the map.

That's a logic method used in RL so that's why I have done it that way.

Thanks

Edited by sondo214

Only tried the first version yesterday, the general is hard to please =)

Also after dropping him off I couldnt tune into NDB 500, but i did catch on to 550, which seemed to take me way out west to the ocean... was I on the right track? I flew for ages following the signal but never really saw anything that i could pick up the 'package' from.

Thanks for the mission!

Only tried the first version yesterday, the general is hard to please =)

Also after dropping him off I couldnt tune into NDB 500, but i did catch on to 550, which seemed to take me way out west to the ocean... was I on the right track? I flew for ages following the signal but never really saw anything that i could pick up the 'package' from.

Thanks for the mission!

You are not listening carefully to your copilot! Firstly the NDB frq is 550Khz, not 500. The copilot tells you 550Khz twice. That is guiding you NW from your location inside Novorossiysk harbour, not west out in the Ocean. Is there a bug?

Secondly you HAVE the package (box) loaded when you take off from Perry. It's been loaded to your heli after you leave the General before you take off. It's all clearly descrided in the dialogs. And you shall deliver it to USS Normandy inside Novorossiysk harbour.

Please try it one more time and tell me if something is going wrong.

Thanks

Ahh my mistake... i'll try again and let you know if it takes me out to the ocean again. I did fly past Novorossiysk while following the beacon, which was many miles to my east and was not directed towards the inside of the harbour.

Edited by docbrown

Hi just grabbed the latest version and will try it as soon as I can. I appreciate your arguments for kneeboard maps but I will stick to my principles. However I will use it to fulfill this mission after you have gone to so much trouble to create it:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahh my mistake... i'll try again and let you know if it takes me out to the ocean again. I did fly past Novorossiysk while following the beacon, which was many miles to my east and was not directed towards the inside of the harbour.

I am really waiting for it cause if this happens again something has been broken in the mission...

Thanks

Hi just grabbed the latest version and will try it as soon as I can. I appreciate your arguments for kneeboard maps but I will stick to my principles. However I will use it to fulfill this mission after you have gone to so much trouble to create it:)

Thanks Cibit, I am looking forward to it. Am I also interested in finding out if you come across the same NDB behaviour like 'docbrown'.

Well I may be dense but how do you know which ship to land on. I landed on the leader but got no message. Then while waiting the slippy deck bug wiped out my rotors. Also its hard to land at such high speeds. It was like 30+ knots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I may be dense but how do you know which ship to land on. I landed on the leader but got no message. Then while waiting the slippy deck bug wiped out my rotors. Also its hard to land at such high speeds. It was like 30+ knots

You mean the ship you should deliver the General? Because later in the mission you have to land to another too. Help me understand to help you.

In either case though the copilot is giving you hell a lot of info to find it...

I got the General picked ok but he complained about my take off, I then flew towards the harbour and saw 5 ships , I flew to them and landed on the lead ship. I guess it was the wrong one :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got the General picked ok but he complained about my take off, I then flew towards the harbour and saw 5 ships , I flew to them and landed on the lead ship. I guess it was the wrong one :doh:

Well the ship you should land is inside the bay just at the oposite side of the mountain beteen you (when you pick the General (General's Camp)) and the bay. It's anchored (0 speed that is) and it's the only one in the bay.

Try it again!

Thanks

Edited by sondo214

Tried it again, everything went well... enjoyed the diversions from the main flight plan, nice work! Also quite liked that there were alot of other units on the ground and in the air, made the place feel alive. And really enjoyed that landings and pick ups were made to be more challenging than usual.

Got any other similar missions in the works?

Just one comment that may spoil the mission for others:

I believe after dropping off the box i was directed to tune into NDB 560 to get to the oil rig. Was I wrong? 560 had no signal but I managed to follow 550 again which took me to the rig.

Tried it again, everything went well... enjoyed the diversions from the main flight plan, nice work! Also quite liked that there were alot of other units on the ground and in the air, made the place feel alive. And really enjoyed that landings and pick ups were made to be more challenging than usual.

Got any other similar missions in the works?

Just one comment that may spoil the mission for others:

I believe after dropping off the box i was directed to tune into NDB 560 to get to the oil rig. Was I wrong? 560 had no signal but I managed to follow 550 again which took me to the rig.

First of all thanks for trying my first mission! I am really glad it worked as it should and you liked it too.

The large amount of units you mentioned was just for that. To make the place feel alive.

As for the landings and pickus well I think as UH-1 is not a combat helicopter, you cannot make challenging combat scenarios (only simple ones) but you can challenge your teqnique to just fly it and go from one place to another.

Future missions will follow only if quite a few fellow pilots find this very first mission of mine interesting and want me to continue creating and every time implementing new features because I am experimenting too in mission creating!

So you are the first vote for me to carry on?!

Thanks again!

As for the NDB freq that is my mistake. I mean (_6_) is indeed correct but the scale in the dial is not clear enough and it is close to freq you previously used. I should have used a freq farer away.

Note taken I will do so next time

Edited by sondo214

Ok, here is Episode 2, Part 1 of the 'Pizza Boy' Series

It follows the events in 'Pizza Boy' 1 so in order to better understand the story behind it better play them in the correct order

It's a 2 hour mission so be prepared!

Story: Following the events on 'Pizza Boy 1' next day the medium scale exercise continues. The highlight of the 2nd day is a Prototype Patriot Missile firing test in wich you must be present with a pair of journalists that will be filming the lauch...

Again the required level in order to complete is very high. To be more specific:

Required skills for the mission:

-Advanced flying skills (spot landnings, hovering etc.)

-Knowledge and use of VHF comms

-Knowledge how to rearm and refuel at a FARP

-Knowledge and use of weapons UH-1 can carry

-LAST BUT NOT LEAST: CAREFULL LISTENING TO YOUR COPILOT AND RADIO MESSAGES. Failure to do so will definately result in mission failure

Note 1: In case something bad happens to you or your heli during the mission (due to it's 2 hour lenght) I suggest that you replay the track in FF, take control of the heli and continue from where you left it)

Hope you enjoy it as I did creating it and flying it,

waiting for your feedback

Thanks

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ixbksd1bdy0cua/Pizza%20Boy%20Ep2%20Part1.miz?dl=0

To be continued...

Note 2: The mission is a bit overcrouded with units to give the feeling of a living world and real exersise going on. If a fellow pilot finds that this has a big impact on it's FPS (apart from when starting the mission that all units are parked one next to other and FPS drop is notisable but get's back to normal when in the air) please ask me to upload a stripped down version of the mission with less units

Edited by sondo214

Looking forward to giving these a try out, though a newbie with the Huey, I'd still like to give it a go. Thanks for sharing!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria