Pizza boy mission discussion thread

sondo214

Looking forward to giving these a try out, though a newbie with the Huey, I'd still like to give it a go. Thanks for sharing!

Well of course give them a try!

One thing is for sure! Will be a better Pilot after them!

One tip though! When your copilot gives you info perhaps it's better to pause the sim and take a note on a paper all the nessesary details for you to use it when you need it!

Ok Fellow Pilots! Pizza Boy Episode 2 Part 2 is ready! I will not upload it until someone finishes the previous mission (Ep2 Part1) and wants the next one.

Be prepared though Ep2 Part2 is a freaking Master Difficult mission... Your flying skills will be seriously tested...

Just flown your first mission again!

Fantastic. Great fun trying to land with such a heavy bird!

I made it back in one piece.

I'll give your second mission a go tomorrow.

Thanks again for such a great mission,

I hope you'll find the second one as enjoyable as the first!

Thanks

I just flew your latest mission.

Fantastic!!!!!

It took about 2 hours of constant flying (my arms and legs ache!), a bit long maybe, but so much detail.

I particularly liked the bit where the comms tower collapsed :)

I destroyed all the 21 target vehicles, because I didn't know whether this was the trigger to move on.

Great fun with the hoist from the ship, and the comedy between the pilot and his passengers is really well scripted.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable mission (although I think you could split them up into shorter installments). It was completely bug free, and I completed it after some really interesting adventures.

I just flew your latest mission.

Fantastic!!!!!

It took about 2 hours of constant flying (my arms and legs ache!), a bit long maybe, but so much detail.

I particularly liked the bit where the comms tower collapsed :)

I destroyed all the 21 target vehicles, because I didn't know whether this was the trigger to move on.

Great fun with the hoist from the ship, and the comedy between the pilot and his passengers is really well scripted.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable mission (although I think you could split them up into shorter installments). It was completely bug free, and I completed it after some really interesting adventures.

I am very happy you enjoyed it! You destroyed that comms tower after all? LOL

Well you are right, 2 hours was maybe a bit long, the upcoming chapters are shorter (a bit)

There is not specific number of units you have to destroy. Just one is enough. Your Copilot tells you when entering the area that when you have enough you can go on with your mission. You have the freedom to do as you please.

Stay tuned, next chapter will be ready in a day or two...

Pizza Boy Episode 2, Part 2

Ok here is the Third part of the Pizza boy mission series

You shall play the previous missions in order to follow the story but that is up to you...

In this Chapter:

After some hours of rest, orders arrive that the Missile Launch is ready and we shall take off with the Journalists and the General and reach the remote Platoon to film the Prototype Missile evaluation Launch. You have to climb some 11K feet. The temperature up there will definately be an issue...

Required Skills:

-High Altitude/Low Temp Operations

-Presission Flying (spot landnings, spot hovering etc.)

-Sling load operations

-LAST BUT NOT LEAST: CAREFULL LISTENING TO YOUR COPILOT AND RADIO MESSAGES. Failure to do so will definately result in mission failure

Note 1: You have to follow the Waypoints as they are plotted on your map/kneeboard. Failure to do so may lead to some triggers not be activated and possibly impossibility to Complete the Mission

Note 2: It's up to you if you obey the real EGT limmits that your engine has or you choose to cheat (as engine mulfunction because of overtemp is not implemented). The mission has been tested and can be completed by following EGT Limits but is a LOT more difficult and requires a freaking LOT more skills by the the pilot (you). If someones wants proof it can be done I am happy to upload my track

As always enjoy the mission, became better pilot by playing it and send me your feedback...

Thanks

Mission Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1zkoa5nh6ynlo2/Pizza%20Boy%20Ep2%20Part2.miz?dl=0

Pizza boy mission discussion thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139376

Edited by sondo214

Hi,

The link to the mission is not working :(

Thanks for the hard work, I look forward to playing it

I really dont know what is happening. The same thing happened with the previous mission too. When I upload them the link works fine (I personaly test it), but after a day or so the link changes! That's why you see dead link. Anyway I replaced the dead link and now it shall work.

Thanks

I downloaded and played it!

What can I say, another great mission. Lots of surprises, and some high level flying which has its own problems (I lost the VSI and the Airspeed indicator started showing some really strange speeds - it went up to 140kts, but the outside view was still showing 88kts). It must be a bug in how DCS implements anti icing, as I had the pitot heat on the whole time.

Hovering at altitude is always tricky, but I managed to complete it (and finish with a nice cup of tea :) )

Thanks for all your hard work, you could make a whole campaign. Great missions!!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words LCYowboy!

It seems you are the only one following my missions but at least there is someone right? LOL

It's strange that your Airspeed and VSI froze. I mean it froze to me too but I progresively raised the OAT to a point that they would not freeze and in the last test flight they didn't freeze... Strange. The whole freezing thing is a bug, I hope that someday it will be fixed... Although I doupt. I feel that the UH-1 has been abandoned by it's Devs... Anyway...

Thanks again for playing my misson and...

stay tuned!!!

Pizza Boy Episode 3, Part 1

Ok so here is the next mission in 'Pizza Boy' series!

The Patriot Prototype Missile launch has gone wrong... The drone that has collected the missile flight data has gone missing... Pentagon has raised an Alarm. Finding it is of Top importance. Not only the Data it has collected is COSMIC TOP SECRET but also some terrorists have propably saw it falling and are searching for it too...

The night is falling fast, temperatures are low in these high mountains, terrorists are searching for the Drone, once again... your skills will be tested...

Required Skills:

-Presission Flying (spot landnings, spot hovering etc.)

-Weapons emplyment

-FM Homing

-LAST BUT NOT LEAST: CAREFULL LISTENING TO YOUR COPILOT AND RADIO MESSAGES. Failure to do so will definately result in mission failure

Note 1: You have to follow the Waypoints as they are plotted on your map/kneeboard. Failure to do so may lead to some triggers not be activated and possibly impossibility to Complete the Mission

Note 2: It's up to you if you obey the real EGT limmits that your engine has or you choose to cheat (as engine mulfunction because of overtemp is not implemented). The mission has been tested and can be completed by following EGT Limits but is a LOT more difficult and requires a freaking LOT more skills by the the pilot (you). If someones wants proof it can be done I am happy to upload my track

As always enjoy the mission, became better pilot by playing it and send me your feedback...

Thanks

Mission Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtwifaiuo5gwwfz/Pizza%20Boy%20Ep3%20Part1.miz?dl=0

Edited by sondo214

Sondo214, just flew first mission and am into second mission now... what fun!! :thumbup: Thanks for the time you spent making these missions!!! Very enjoyable!! Well done!! :thumbup:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Sondo214, just flew first mission and am into second mission now... what fun!! :thumbup: Thanks for the time you spent making these missions!!! Very enjoyable!! Well done!! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! Keep playing! Lol! You have a long road ahead!

Pizza Boy Episode 3, Part 2

Ok, here is the next mission in the Pizza Boy series...

You finaly reached the drone's crash site and managed to load into the chopper whatever survived the crash. Now it's time to go home... Sounds easy right?

Required Skills:

-IMC flying

Thanks

Mission Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73xflpqsqp2zue2/Pizza%20Boy%20Ep3%20Part2.miz?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on holiday, so have only just got around to flying your latest mission.

I managed to complete it on my second attempt. Talk about difficult.

I pride myself on Instrument Flying, but instrument flying without instruments is very difficult :)

I lost my ASI after about 1 minute (even with pitot heat on). I don't think I ever had my altimeter, and my VSI died after about 5 minutes.

By the time I got to the cloud I only had my Direction Indicator and my Radio Altimeter. When I got struck by lightning I didn't notice, because I had already lost everything ;)

My VSI came back just before i got to the NDB, and I managed to land on the runway.

Very, very, very difficult mission.

thanks again for all your hard work

I have been on holiday, so have only just got around to flying your latest mission.

I managed to complete it on my second attempt. Talk about difficult.

I pride myself on Instrument Flying, but instrument flying without instruments is very difficult :)

I lost my ASI after about 1 minute (even with pitot heat on). I don't think I ever had my altimeter, and my VSI died after about 5 minutes.

By the time I got to the cloud I only had my Direction Indicator and my Radio Altimeter. When I got struck by lightning I didn't notice, because I had already lost everything ;)

My VSI came back just before i got to the NDB, and I managed to land on the runway.

Very, very, very difficult mission.

thanks again for all your hard work

:megalol: Instrument flying without instruments! Hadn't thought it that way, LOL, but you are right...

Once again I am happy you enjoyed this mission too, stay tuned... I've been busy some days now but stay tuned...

• 1 year later...

Razor18 I haven't played DCS huey for more than a year, gave up because the Dev's aren't willing as it seems to implement the engine EGT limits. I do not remember a lot of details about the missions I made back then, but I will look into the mission editor and report back to you. Hope to find my trucks! LOL

Well looked it and seems correct. The moment the Copilot says that he has spotted them, their unit is activated a bit North from you and starts moving in the canyon N heading as you are flying, so you are supposed to overfly them in some seconds. I remember now flying the mission and worked as it should. Maybe you are flying high and don't see them? Do you use NVG's?

Well looked it and seems correct. The moment the Copilot says that he has spotted them, their unit is activated a bit North from you and starts moving in the canyon N heading as you are flying, so you are supposed to overfly them in some seconds. I remember now flying the mission and worked as it should. Maybe you are flying high and don't see them? Do you use NVG's?

First I didn't, now I will... Thanks for hint.