Sling Load Ops/Load Officer Helicopters

Focha

Hi all,

I've been playing with suspended cargo and I find it really difficult to stay in hover in some areas where there is not many references to have reference in the hover.

So, with this in mind, is there any way of implementing a sling load officer?

Like infantry but stationary with the arms giving you reference to the helicopter position?

Probably it's not hard to implement that and would help a lot, this could be put in reference to the load, like a position feature (example PAPIs or air-to-air refueling reference lights).

What are your thoughts?

Thank you.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Great idea, but not sure how possible it is for them to implement. I do remember playing the Sochi Olympics Crisis, which had a script embedded within that would give you audio cues on which direction to fly, as well as on screen distance prompts. The two combined seemed to work very well to keep me in position over the target area, so that the troops could be inserted one by one.

I imagine this could be adapted for cargo.

The Huey also has that cargo cam. I suppose the Hip has it too, but I'll be damned if I can get it to turn on as easily as the Huey cargo cam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

Honestly I don't use the vertical view camera. And normally in real life (except some long line work where you use vertical references) you would have a load officer giving you directions.

If you observe how PAPI lights work, it seems to me that they change based at where you are (vertical position relative to PAPI, maybe some function of height/distance).

Knowing that I can conceive that based on your position (x,y,z) referenced to an object, lets say a infantry man with the proper animations, the animations would be different for that x, y and z relative position. So for example, if you were a few meters above cargo, the object i.e. the infantry model, would give you arms down, when you were at the right position (again, x,y,z) the model would be static. Obviously that this infantry model (simulating the load officer) should be also placed according with the cargo load model.

Hard to follow but I think you guys understand what I'm saying.

Cheers.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

would be nice to have the guy on the ground guiding you or audio queues from the crew as default.

from what i understand its still very early in the implementation process and mission builders still cant do certain logistical things with the cargo.

That would be great, because hovering per se isn't that difficult, but actually _seeing_ if you're drifting can indeed be. So yeah, I'm all for it :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I believe ED can implement anything.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.